IGNORED

Baldies level 79 help

jeremiahjt

I know Baldies isn't everyone's favorite game, so I might be out of luck, but hopefully someone can help me. I've tried level 79 about 50 times, and no that is not an exaggeration, and I have had my rear handed to me everytime. If anybody out there has beaten this level please let me know how you did it.

You start the level with a whopping 10 baldies while the hairies start with a full fledged nursery, a fort, and three first level houses. One of the houses becomes a lab pretty quick and the fort becomes a level 2 fort after a little bit. Once you build your house the bad guys immediately start flying in and killing your guys.

I think I was close one time. I wasn't close to killing all the bad guys, but I think I was about to "turn the corner" on them. If anybody can help I'd greatly appreciate it.

No passwords. I've played through every level. It actually doesn't take that long. I've probably beat 90% of the levels in under 10 minutes.

According to the menu there are 100 levels in all and I love Dino Dudes, I've beat every level in that game.

I think I'm going to play 78 again and see if there is some sort of warp for sending extra baldies through. I've read that there are warps in the game, but I've never seen one.

No passwords. I've played through every level. It actually doesn't take that long. I've probably beat 90% of the levels in under 10 minutes.

According to the menu there are 100 levels in all and I love Dino Dudes, I've beat every level in that game.

I think I'm going to play 78 again and see if there is some sort of warp for sending extra baldies through. I've read that there are warps in the game, but I've never seen one.

You rock dude! Ive never gotten into Baldies much,although id like to. Dino Dudes was the first game i ever got aside from the pack-in Cybermorph,i personally like Dino Dudes,but have never beat it(yet)...Good luck beating level 79

I had it beat. I had the SOB beat and the game froze on me. What makes me even madder is that I don't know if I can do that again. The hairies made some dumb moves that really helped me out that I can't count on every time. Oh well I guess I'll give it another try later, I'm pretty pissed off right now.

My secret strategy for beating levels quick is really pretty simple. I turn every baldy into a builder and plant a flag at first. Once the house is built I fill it up with 10 baldies and pick the fort/barracks. Once the fort is finished I move everyone to soldier and start making ammo. Once the bar is full I start grenading the hairies. It usually goes pretty quick once the fort is built.

Edited by jeremiahjt

I guess the game would be pretty fun if you knew what you were doing. However that's easier said tham done with a game like Baldies! The game is rather complex. And Dino Dudes is in a way similar... A strategy game. However Dino Dudes is SO SLOW... And that damn timer is too FAST... That said, I do enjoy the music in both games. :)

I finally got past 79. That is by far the most difficult level in the game so far. Level 80 was a cinch, no problems at all with that one. I'm on 84 right now and one thing I can say is that Hell is much tougher than the other worlds in the early going. Two of the levels had both beardies and the other had one of them, it's much more difficult and time consuming to deal with three other oppenents instead of one!

It's still a great game and I can't wait to beat it. I may be the first person to ever beat Jaguar Baldies! I know other people have probably beat it, but I imagine not very many. I am worried about the ending though. It will probably be another claymation like the intro, but I have a scratch or something on my disc and I can't get through the intro. Of course if it is anything like most Jag games it will just have a congratulations and then roll the credits.

Edited by jeremiahjt

I guess the game would be pretty fun if you knew what you were doing. However that's easier said tham done with a game like Baldies! The game is rather complex.
I agree, I really want to like Baldies but I must be playing it wrong as it seems to take hours to get anywhere, I build a few weapons which do not seem to have much impact when deployed then I get fed up - end up in pitched battle with the screen exploding all over the place and I seem to be the eventual winner. There must be a way of completeing levels in a sencible time with out having to wait ages to build up baldies/energy or whatever it is (have not played it for a couple of years) to actually do something.
And Dino Dudes is in a way similar... A strategy game. However Dino Dudes is SO SLOW... And that damn timer is too FAST... That said, I do enjoy the music in both games. :)

I don't find Dino Dude to bad although I am stuck somewhere around level 20, I get guys onto the platform but the level does not end. Perhaps I don't have enough men on it but I can't see how to get my other guys up there - maybe I will work it out eventually.

Well I finally beat the game and guess what, another fabulous Jaguar ending. All I got was a congratulations paragraph and some really crummy credits.

One thing for sure is the level 79 is by far the hardest in the game. Level 97 gave me a bit of trouble and level 100 had a little challenge, but niether were too bad.

I got a little worried about my "under 10 minuters" boast and decided to time a couple of levels and I think I was right on the money. Level 90 took me about 12 minutes and level 92 took under 7 minutes. So if anybody is looking to make some headway in the game try my stategy.

Thanks to anybody that attempted the level to try and give me some help.

I know Baldies isn't everyone's favorite game

A few bugs and bad graphics aside, it's one of my favorites! I've beaten it many, many times and keep a Jaguar around just for the occasional game.

Level 79 is one that I've never passed though. I beat to level 78 and then found the cheat to start at level 80. I had no problem beating the other levels.

I remember once writing creative edge on this and they laughed, referring to it as "the infamous level 79". They didn't give any cheats but basically said, "some people have no problems while most find it murder".

Interested in what comes out of this!

I really want to like Baldies but I must be playing it wrong as it seems to take hours to get anywhere

Follow a few tricks.

1. Build a lab immediately

2. Turn as many free baldies as you can into scientists to build up your scientist power

3. Once the lab is built, drop a rabbit into the lab, and have the scientists all working on it to give you the fast reproduction baldie capability

4. Once the fast reproduction is built, pop it on the house and put as many baldies as you can into the bed. Watch them reproduce real quick.

From there, repeat strategy using your expanded number of baldies. Build a war-house and use the excess to build ammo. Then send warrior baldies to destroy harry houses

I had to use the rabbit (fertility plus) on level 79. I built the lab, got the fertility plus and then used it on the lab. I built up the number of baldies and started depositing them aroung the map as scientists. I had to put them in out of reach places so the hairies couldn't get them and also on small pieces of land so the landsharks wouldn't get them. I kept the scientist in the house working on the flamehead (fire finger thingy) weapons. You have to have those so you can kill any hairies that the cpu drops near you before they can throw grenades. I also researched up to a level 3 mine since a level 3 mine will damage buildings and kill hairies inside those buildings.

After awhile I had enough scientists going so I started spitting out builders and built a small house on the same piece of land as the lab. I grabbed another rabbit and used the fertility plus on the small house and started popping out baldies. Occasionaly the cpu would put a fertility minus on one of my buildings so I would have to go find another couple of rabbits to counter act it (1 to counter act the minus and another to make the building a plus again). I also used the fertility minus (fox) on the nursery a couple of times.

Once I had plenty of extra baldies walking around I turned some to workers to build up the worker bar. I then built a house near the nursery. Once the house was built I used the shovel to turn water to land in the bottom left corner. Once enough was transformed I built another house on that piece of land and built that up to a level 2 barracks/fort. The third house gets taken over pretty quick so you have to act quick to be able to use the shovel.

Once the barracks is done I place 22 soldiers in there to make ammo and take another and start blowing things up. If you use the level 2 and 3 flameheads efficiently you can kill most of the hairies that are out walking around by the time the barracks are ready to go. I concentrated on the nursery first and once that is destroyed the hairies don't stand a chance.

It's an extremely difficult level, but it is beatable. I also went back and built up a level 3 flamehead in level 78 so I started off with a level 1 fully charged for 79. It was used to early to kill the first hairy sent to grenade me. One other thing, some of you may place rocks on the white x's so the hairies can't place traps like I usually do, don't do this on 79. Let them place the traps, it will help to kill the hairies walking around in case you don't have a flamehead ready to go. It works best when that place a couple of popper fields around the house.

Well there it is, my time consuming strategy for level 79. Have fun!

• Like 1

• 15 years later...
On 2/29/2024 at 9:30 PM, jeremiahjt said:

Necrobump of my own thread.

I am curious if anybody else has defeated level 79 in the last decade and a half.

I haven't, and I realize that saying "but I was so busy, I couldn't find the time" isn't a very good excuse after 15(!) years:dunce:

Your necrobump gave me reason to play the game again.

• Like 2