IGNORED

New NXE 360 dash poll.

moycon

47 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new dash?

• I like it better
    • It sucks ass
    • Meh I could care less as long as I can play games.
    • I like the old one better.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Now cancel my vote so I can vote for the one the right answer. :)

Yeah. The new choice is kind of redunadant with choice #2.

I actually had trouble thinking of which to pick since they are both correct. :)

I don't think they are redundant. They are clearly two different answers. I would pick the new option but I wouldn't pick #2. I don't think the new dash sucks. I think it is just fine. But, I think the old dash was the best console interface design ever. Replacing the best with something average and comparable to everyone else's interface is a step backwards IMO. That is why I think the final answer is correct. After I got my 360 back I posted my opinion of the new interface here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1631755

I got one of my old 360 back a few days ago and instead of upgrading I went ahead and played with the old interface one last time. While the new interface is Ok and gets the job done, I still liked the old one better.

If we had a choice, I'd switch back. I wonder if they would ever consider this or is it impossible?

I actually had trouble thinking of which to pick since they are both correct.

So you think the new interface sucks ass...but you also think it's ok.

(My 4th choice would have been "It's Ok but I liked the old dash better." )

Now you've gone and confused me again. :P

Edited by moycon

I actually had trouble thinking of which to pick since they are both correct.

So you think the new interface sucks ass...but you also think it's ok.

Uh, where does the new 4th choice suggest anything about the new dash being ok? The 4th only says I liked the old one better. Liking the old one better doesn't mean the new one isn't crap. It's exactly for this reason I said I found them to be the same. ;)

After all, I like the old dash better because I do think the new one is crap. :P

It's quite a nice Wii ripoff. I was shocked at just how much of a ripoff it was.

Either way... Bring on the games and allow for a proper browser already!

I've got a nice wireless media center keyboard that could definitely keep me on the couch with a nice browser!

Let's see, what do I like?

I like how if you dig deep enough into Marketplace now, the games are categorized alphabetically. That's useful when all I want to do is see what new DLC there is for Soul Calibur IV, a process which used to require a LOT of scrolling.

I like party chat.

I like that I can remove games with 0 Gamerscore from my profile.

What do I not like?

I don't like how the new dash conceals half my wallpaper.

I don't like the new dash arrangement. It's harder to get to things than it was before. In the marketplace, things which were previously very simple to get to are now buried under several layers.

Most damning of all, since the new dash it takes several MINUTES before I can select my Live Arcade games. As in, I don't even get the option to view the list while it populates. This keeps me from playing my games, and is VERY BAD.

What am I indifferent about?

The avatars. Although they look a lot better than Miis (Miis looked like inked on fingermen and were extremely limited), they're more useless than Miis, because there's effectively nothing which actually uses them. At least with a Mii, everyone could see their little avatar bowling. Other players can't even see when you press a button to make your Avatar perform an emoticon! There's no interactivity whatsoever.

There's no interactivity whatsoever.

Actually there are a few games (Arcade) that take advantage of the avatar including Kingdom of Keflings, UNO and Poker.

The former you actually walk around with your avatar, the two later I'm guessing your avatars face shows up next to the player number in the game where your gamerpic would normally go. I haven't played any of these games (and don't really have a desire to) but although limited (like the Mii's) they are of minimal use to people who get off on seeing little self made people in games. Clearly in my opinion the avatars are the biggest waste of time, I will admit the party chat options kicks ass. Really all the good perks could have just been added to the old dash. I don't necessarily hate the new dash, but I'd switch back if I could switch and still keep things like party chat.

Most damning of all, since the new dash it takes several MINUTES before I can select my Live Arcade games. As in, I don't even get the option to view the list while it populates. This keeps me from playing my games, and is VERY BAD.

That's strange...because its supposed to be faster.

The idea is that the list is always cached so you don't have to wait for it to load like you used to. Mine show up immediately, and I have a bunch of games.

That's strange...because its supposed to be faster.

Mine doesn't seem any faster loading Arcade games either. i have a crap load of them though, maybe it depends on how many you have in your list? In any case, not faster for me I don't think.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted it sucks ass, I'm sorry, but if I wanted the wii experiance, I would have gotten a friggin wii.

First is there a way to keep the old one? The new one doesn't really add anything, other than the mee thingy, which is far to limited anyways, and it corrupted my system (I haven't upgraded, but I played on a firends system, and now my profile won't work on my on system, aaguh)

First is there a way to keep the old one? The new one doesn't really add anything, other than the mee thingy, which is far to limited anyways, and it corrupted my system (I haven't upgraded, but I played on a firends system, and now my profile won't work on my on system, aaguh)

Nope. There's no way to keep the old system if you plan on taking it online. When you sign into Xbox Live, it will require you to download the update first.