IGNORED

New NXE 360 dash poll.

moycon

47 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new dash?

• I like it better
    • It sucks ass
    • Meh I could care less as long as I can play games.
    • I like the old one better.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I voted "It Sucks Ass" for a few reasons. One being that there's some features I want that still aren't available.

One - Ability to not allow anyone to create accounts on the system. You can block people from creating LIVE accounts, but not accounts in general. My Girlfriends daughter is not allowed on our system.

Two - Ability to forward and rewind music when playing. You can skip to next or previous track only.

Three - Ability to copy songs off flash drive when inserted. Why should I have to burn them on CD just to rip?

Two - Ability to forward and rewind music when playing. You can skip to next or previous track only.

I really agree with this one. I keep my music equipment in my media room and the 360 is the system I use to stream music from my office. So when I am trying to pull a song from tab or put a song to tab I use the 360 to do playback. But I can't just work on a bridge. I have to work the whole song to the bridge, do as much as I can in one play-through, and then start back from the beginning. It is incredibly annoying. With a long song that contains a lot of parts I just take the laptop in there. I have to be able to replay a particular part.

My main complaint is that it always seems to boot up on the "What's New With Xbox" page. I don't want to see ads every time I boot up my own console. If they're on the Marketplace page or whatever, that's totally fine, but not the first thing I see. If it would default to "my xbox" I'd be happier. It's also a little more time consuming to find my XBLA games.

Browsing through my friends' Avatars was fun the first time I did it. It kind of bugs me how blatantly they ripped off the Miis, but at least they did a pretty good job with it.

I like the old one better so that's how I voted, but I do feel "meh, I just want to play games."

• 1 month later...

Is there still no way to get rid of the avatars?

It has reached the point where they are beginning to actually drive me mad.

Why am I forced to have a cutesy little character bouncing around?

I think I'm going to focus on the PS3.

Edited by BerzerkZombieBentley

Most damning of all, since the new dash it takes several MINUTES before I can select my Live Arcade games. As in, I don't even get the option to view the list while it populates. This keeps me from playing my games, and is VERY BAD.

I hear ya on that one. Everyone says it's supposed to be faster, but I swear mine is slower. Takes forever to load lists, arcade, etc and makes me miss the old dashboard.

I can't stand the avatars either. Call me picky but I HATE how they all stand with their hips out to the side. Makes them look like those Bratz dolls. I dress mine as ridiculous as possible so it looks nothing like me.

I hear ya on that one. Everyone says it's supposed to be faster, but I swear mine is slower. Takes forever to load lists, arcade, etc and makes me miss the old dashboard.

I can't stand the avatars either.

Yep that sums up my feelings as well.

And people wonder why I refuse to let my console get upgraded.

Shame some of the new games comming out now have the NXE upgrade on them and will only play on consoles with NXE installed.

Guess this brings an end to me getting any new games. I'll just have to pretend it's the future where the 360 is no longer supported and enjoy what I have. :|

Edited by Artlover