IGNORED

Do You Have A Full Set Of 7800 Games?

Shawn

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a full retail set of 7800 games?

• Yep, I sure do!
    • Yep, and I got the homebrews too!
    • Nope, Just the ones I like to play!
    • Nope, but I wish I did!
    • Don't give a rats ass.
    • I got a CC2, of course I do.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I have most of the homebrews and about two thirds of the commercially released games. Many of those have boxes and instructions, and all the homebrews I own (including Space Invaders) have instruction manuals. I have neglected adding titles to my library for too long. 'Vaders was the last 7800 cart I purchased, and Commando was the last 7800 box I purchased.

I will eventually collect them all. The titles I am missing are all R3 to R5.

Can't really answer that question - as I have the full set that I think are necessary. Games like Fight Night are an embarrassment to the system, do to the lame playability. Like Mat Mania Challenge. But other than that, I can probably cover most games, even Star Wars and Kessell Attack. By the way, I have Travi, and feel that I have not much more to offer him, who's next?

Thanks y'all....love the 7800 development - as an outsider. Would really like to have a Super Pac-Man cart, and all developers for this system should be rewarded consistently for their obvious time and effort on a system that was underlooked and timed terribly.

I have every Atari released PAL game and everything else in NTSC (Atari games such as Robotron that weren't out in PAL and all the third party releases). I also have most of the third party games in PAL on top for both HES and Salu. I also have all the homebrew stuff I believe and the hacks. Anything put out on a cartridge baring Sirius and Plutos I guess.

I'd like to get aq CIB collection of the games I like and eventually get down to just one copy of Pole Position II. But I don't see myself trying to obtain ALL the 7800 games. So far there are only a couple boxed games left I need (Or empty boxes for my loose carts w/manuals), a few 2600 games and another of the home brews or two. I'd like to have a CC2 but they cost too much.

Getting there. Boxed Water Ski on the way. I doubt I'll ever get Tank Command, and I may be a few years getting boxed versions of some of my loose games (I take loose for some of the rarer or more expensive ones), but I'm getting close. I have a lot of the homebrews and protos, but need to pick up a Save Mary and Combat 1990 eventually.

So,

With the 7800 library being so small, who's got them all? I'm curious as to how many folks here at AA "got them all".

Shawn

Finding 7800 games around where I live is difficult - or at least I don't see them very often. I -have- bought all the ones I've seen however. I don't order online often and don't do ebay at all, so it limits my chances. After helping with the 7800 screenshot project a couple months ago I can say there are plenty more games I would like to own than what I currently have, but it's just not in the cards for me right now. :)

I have a complete NTSC CIB set and even some of the box/label variations. I have most of the homebrews, but not quite all. Santa Simon comes to mind. Its a really good system. I just need more time in the day to enjoy all the stuff I have. :D

I still wish there was a "Game Release" sticky on the forums. Currently, I have to hunt daily through several threads to see if anyone has completed and is selling their new homebrew (or hack) game. The ones I look through are Marketplace, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Programming, and Homebrew Discussion. I've missed out on a few gems because I simply didn't know about it. :(

Until recently, I owned a CC2.

I played through all of them, at least enough to decide whether I liked them or not.

My final conclusion was that other than some of the great Homebrew games like Beef Drop, Pac Man Collection, B*nQ, etc. - I already own the real carts of all the ones I would ever want. I've never been much fo a collector. I just like playing the games, and I already own the the real carts of all the ones I like playing.

I'm somewhere between "just the ones I play" and "I wish I did." I haven't been actively collecting for the Atari 7800, but I pick up games if I don't have them and they're cheap enough (they usually are). I've got 23 games, including Beef Drop and Rampage, which was actually the first and only 7800 game I had when I got my 7800 system. I'd love to eventually pick up Space Duel, Asteroids Deluxe, and Pac-Man Collection when my funds permit their purchase.

I'm somewhere between "just the ones I play" and "I wish I did." I haven't been actively collecting for the Atari 7800, but I pick up games if I don't have them and they're cheap enough (they usually are). I've got 23 games, including Beef Drop and Rampage, which was actually the first and only 7800 game I had when I got my 7800 system. I'd love to eventually pick up Space Duel, Asteroids Deluxe, and Pac-Man Collection when my funds permit their purchase.

Thats where I was before. I had all the ones I liked for years and it seems most the decent ones outside of classics like centepede,ect where decently rare so adding to the "must haves" to make a "full set" wasn't that much of a task. I sold off my 7800 games when I got sick of them a whiel back and this time as I got my favs back I decided to just get them all.