IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED? Weekly Top Ten for 2009

cvga

I got the projector working that I was discussing in another thread. I was pleased with the results considering I didn't have extremely high expectations to begin with. We played the following games (on the ceiling)...

Stacker 15 minutes

Kaboom! 25 minutes

Donkey Kong 12 minutes

Stargate 15 mins

Pac-Man Arcade 30 mins

Galaxian 15 mins

Indy 500 60 mins

Medieval Mayhem 10 mins

Asteroids 15 mins

Qix 30 mins

Pac-Man 30 mins

Kangaroo 5 mins

Pengo 5 mins

Ms. Pac-Man 5 mins

Space Invaders 15 mins

Galaxian 10 mins

Joust 10 mins

Galaga 30 mins

Food Fight 15 mins

Centipede 15 mins

Asteroids 15 mins

Donkey Kong 15 mins

Colecovision

Frogger 15 mins

Pepper II 15 mins

Gorf 15 mins

Galaxian 15 mins

Defender 20 mins

Ladybug 30 mins

Mouse Trap 30 mins

OK, here are my times for this week:

Mouse Trap (Colecovision) 305 minutes

Gyruss (Atari 8-bit) 99 minutes

Krull (Arcade) 54 minutes

Jr. Pac-Man (7800) 46 minutes

Mouse Trap (Arcade) 34 minutes

Air Raiders (2600) 18 minutes

Mouse Trap (2600) 6 minutes

Q*Bert (2600) 5 minutes (in 2 sessions)

Melbourne Tatty (2600) 2 minutes

CTetris4a (Atari 8-bit) 2 minutes

Circus Galacticus (2600) 2 minutes

BiFröst (2600) 2 minutes

RAMVaders (2600) 2 minutes

RAM Racer (2600) 1 minute

Gingerbread man (2600) 1 minute

RAM Combat (2600) 1 minute

Some notes to this: The games I played longer than 40 minutes all were HSC games again. Mouse Trap (Colecovision) was a single session. After starting that game, I noticed that it doesn't get harder after Round 5, so I figured I should be able to roll it. I finally made that, but only after 5 hours of playing.

After that, I played the Arcade and 2600 versions of it as well for a comparison, mainly because I couldn't imagine it could also be that easy to roll in the arcade... and it isn't. In the original Arcade version of Mouse Trap, the player is slower than on the Colecovision, and also there's 6 cats instead of 5 on the CV. So it's actually much harder.

Gyruss was a second session in which I tried to improve on my previous score. I made that, but sadly didn't properly take a screenshot, so I finally didn't register the actual score of over 130000 points (I don't quite remember how much exactly it was), but only close to 120000 which I reached in a subsequent game.

Then there are several games I only played for 1 or 2 minutes to see what they're like, but they were not attractive to me to play them any longer. These are all new homebrews which where posted on the forums here in the last weeks.

Oh, and Q*bert was only played to test out the Stella Emulator, because Stella has a bug with this game where, if you press RESET and there are still players on screen, some parts of those players keep hanging in mid-air. This is caused by the Reset button causing the screen not to sync for a split-second. I had some PM's with a developer of Stella to fix this error.

I got the projector working that I was discussing in another thread. I was pleased with the results considering I didn't have extremely high expectations to begin with. We played the following games (on the ceiling)...

Stacker 15 minutes

Kaboom! 25 minutes

Donkey Kong 12 minutes

What is the make and model projector that you got?

Stacker 15 minutes

Kaboom! 25 minutes

Donkey Kong 12 minutes

It's the Sharper Image WonderWall. I'm hoping to have time to get it back out later this week and take some pictures.

Stacker 15 minutes

Kaboom! 25 minutes

Donkey Kong 12 minutes

It's the Sharper Image WonderWall. I'm hoping to have time to get it back out later this week and take some pictures.

I may have to buy one of those! I can see it now... laying down on the floor playing 2600 projected on the ceiling :D

Here's the Top Ten for Week #20...

1. Kaboom! (2600) 411 minutes

2. Mouse Trap (COLV) 335

3. Jr. Pacman (7800) 226

4. Millipede (2600) 125

5. Gyruss (Atari 8-bit) 99

6. Qix (5200) 90

7. Gingerbread Man (2600) 86

8. Cabbage Patch Kids - Adventures in the Park (2600) 80

9. Cakewalk (2600) 60

9. Indy 500 (2600) 60

9. Ms. Pacman (Arcade) 60

9. Pacman Arcade (2600) 60

9. Radar Lock (2600) 60

A strong week with over 3,000 minutes logged. Kaboom! passes 5,000 total minutes. Arcade, Colecovision, and 5200 games all fare well this week.