IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED? Weekly Top Ten for 2009

cvga

LOTS of time to play today since it was raining.

Add for 2600

Missile Command 40 minutes

Kirby 15 minutes

Doris 30 minutes

Missile Control 15 minutes

Popeye 25 minutes

Fonzalf (hidden game in Phantom II) 20 minutes

Donkey Kong 15 minutes

Motocross Racer 10 minutes

Color Bar Generator (2600) - 1 minute (nothing to play here, move along)

Tempest (2600) - 8 minutes (one screen that looks like a pair of underwear)

Jr. Pacman (7800) - 25 minutes (wow, I never realized how good Jr. Pacman is)

2600:

Cabbage Patch Kids (again, what a great game that is!) - 60 minutes

Montezuma's Revenge (sorry, guys - i'm a patient person, trying to consider all the points of view before judging, but this is frustrating piece of crap) - 45 minutes

Airlock - 60 minutes

Adventure - 10 minutes (yes i know it was on the easiest setting, but are you really supposed to finish that game twice within 5 minutes, when you never ever played it before?)

2600:

Montezuma's Revenge (sorry, guys - i'm a patient person, trying to consider all the points of view before judging, but this is frustrating piece of crap) - 45 minutes

Montezuma's Revenge? I haven't played it in awhile but I recall thinking it was a pretty good game!

2600:

Montezuma's Revenge? I haven't played it in awhile but I recall thinking it was a pretty good game!

i remember playing Atari 8-bit version, and i absolutely loved it! but 2600 is so frustrating, that i nearly cried. moment after playing i went to look for reviews online, and was surprised to find, that i'm alone in my opinion. this is beyond my understanding, but it looks like i'm the only person in the world having problems with that game.

on the other hand i really, really like Airlock, so there must be something wrong with me.

OK, here are my times for this week:

Laser Gates (2600)... 40 minutes

Mappy (Arcade)... 34 minutes

Duck (2600)... 8 minutes

RAM Defender (2600)... 1 minute

I don't know if "Duck" is actually supposed to be a game... the binary (DUCK.BIN) was posted in the thread about the new Stella release in order to test a bug with RAM expansion... I think it's supposed to be a variation on "Adventure" with different rooms. It's a bit weird in its current state, however... sometimes the paths are inconsistent in that if you leave a room and go to another, and then go the same way back, you find yourself in a different room than the one you came from. Also, the last room on the left wraps around, that is, if you try to leave it on the left side, you reappear on the right of the same room.

Apart from the classic games, I also have played some "modern" games. I spent many hours with a German browser game called "Kapiland" where you play the boss of a company whose job it is to produce and sell different goods in different qualities. I won't list the times for that because this is beyond the scope of this thread.

CPC stands for Color Personal Computer, made by Amstrad. A UK computer series that was extremely popular in europe during the 8bit era. It came in six incarnations on CPC 464, CPC 664 and the all time best seller CPC 6128 (the one Chuck is holding on my avatar!!). Later on the CPC 464+ and the CPC6128+ were released as well as the GX4000 console which was a stripped CPC+ cartridge game system.

Edited by phil_vr

CPC stands for Color Personal Computer, made by Amstrad. A UK computer series that was extremely popular in europe during the 8bit era. It came in six incarnations on CPC 464, CPC 664 and the all time best seller CPC 6128 (the one Chuck is holding on my avatar!!). Later on the CPC 464+ and the CPC6128+ were released as well as the GX4000 console which was a stripped CPC+ cartridge game system.

Thanks!

Lots of new Colecovision games added this week. We also added a new system (the CPC). In addition, I was a little surprised that no one had played Night Driver until this week!

Here's the Week #21 Top Ten...

1. Kaboom! (2600) 182 minutes

2. Demon Attack (2600) 180

3. Cabbage Patch Kids - Adventure (2600) 140

4. Missile Command (2600) 105

5. Airlock (2600) 60

6. Omega Race (COLV) 55

7. Bump N Jump (COLV) 50

8. Montezuma's Revenge (2600) 45

8. Thrust+ (2600) 45

10. Jr. Pacman (2600) 40

10. Laser Gates (2600) 40