IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED? Weekly Top Ten for 2009

cvga

Millipede is fantastic indeed. It is a great great game, and it will stay that forever I think.

Ever played the atari 8bit version of that? I even like that one more, but on 2600 it is cool too indeed!

Only ever played it in the arcade and on the 2600.. i hated it in the arcade, as the machine i used was joystick based, and compared to centipede with it's trackball sitting next to it, it just didn't work for me.. I didn't expect much on the 2600 version, but it's just got that 'extra something' that makes you play again & again.. This evening i have lined up:

BERSERK

DIG DUG

CALIFORNIA GAMES

&

JOUST

..which i will get to as soon as i have a had a quick session on Millipede. Maybe.

Depends where I am -

upstairs = it's the real thing

downstairs = emulation via PSP

Hero (real) 1.5hrs

Dragster (real) 1.5hrs

Dragster (PSP) 45mins

I've only recently read about Todd Rodgers' record and although I don't intend to

try and even get close I thought I'd have a go. I'm semi-addicted :)

I can only get 6.21s so far but I will perservere untill I break 6s

NES:

Amagon, beat it in an hour, love that game (NO CHEATS!)

American Gladiators (awesome with a friend)

2600:

Super Cobra

Halloween (just picked it up, love this game, so much fun)

Stronghold (finally getting the hang of it!)

Here's the Week #23 Top Ten. This Top Ten includes all of the posts through Kurt's on the 7th.

1. Midnight Magic (2600) 600 minutes

2. Galaxian (2600) 300

3. Pepper II (COLV) 215

4. Kaboom! (2600) 204

5. Private Eye (2600) 180

6. Eckn+ (8-bit) 120

7. Missile Command (2600) 100

8. Super Qix (Arcade) 63

9. Journey Escape (2600) 30

9. Space Invaders Arcade (2600) 30

9. Jr. Pacman (2600) 30

Keep in mind that it greatly helps if you tell me how much time you spent playing each game instead of just listing the games. I generally don't give too much credit if the time is not listed.

I wish there were some guidelines as to what can be logged for the Top Ten. If it were me I'd only log the actual game consoles (no emulators) up to the NES and 7800. Otherwise, we're going to soon have Sega Genesis, XBox et al logged into the Top Ten.

I'm not against creating some guidelines. I think the whole group should have input instead of just allowing me to make the rules. I've tried to share my thought process at various points in the past. Here's a list of guidelines that I've generally used so far...

1. Although I also prefer using game consoles I have allowed emulators. In some cases (homebrews in development) there is no alternative other than using an emulator.

2. For the most part I've accepted only 8 bit machines. I guess this pretty much takes us up to NES, 7800, and SMS. However, I've also allowed TG-16 since it's an 8-bit processer (and the games have more of a classic feel to me). I've also grandfathered the Atari Jaguar because it's Atari. I have not been including (or even logging) Genesis, SNES, PS, XBox, Wii, etc.

3. I've allowed Arcade games if they're from the classic era or a continuation of a classic theme (i.e. Super Qix)

4. If you don't tell me how much time you've played, I generally give you credit for 10 minutes (unless there's something in your post that makes me think it's more or less). If you state that you've played a game multiple times during the week I usually give it credit for 20 minutes.

1. Although I also prefer using game consoles I have allowed emulators. In some cases (homebrews in development) there is no alternative other than using an emulator.

I agree with that. I play ALOT of in-developement games for the 2600 and the Stella is the only way I have of playing them since they aren't on cartridge yet. That is how a big chunk of my gaming time is spent.....and I enjoy it :)

Wp

I wish there were some guidelines as to what can be logged for the Top Ten. If it were me I'd only log the actual game consoles (no emulators) up to the NES and 7800. Otherwise, we're going to soon have Sega Genesis, XBox et al logged into the Top Ten.

I'm not against creating some guidelines. I think the whole group should have input instead of just allowing me to make the rules. I've tried to share my thought process at various points in the past. Here's a list of guidelines that I've generally used so far...

2. For the most part I've accepted only 8 bit machines. I guess this pretty much takes us up to NES, 7800, and SMS. However, I've also allowed TG-16 since it's an 8-bit processer (and the games have more of a classic feel to me). I've also grandfathered the Atari Jaguar because it's Atari. I have not been including (or even logging) Genesis, SNES, PS, XBox, Wii, etc.

3. I've allowed Arcade games if they're from the classic era or a continuation of a classic theme (i.e. Super Qix)

4. If you don't tell me how much time you've played, I generally give you credit for 10 minutes (unless there's something in your post that makes me think it's more or less). If you state that you've played a game multiple times during the week I usually give it credit for 20 minutes.

I agree on all the points except I would bump down the time in #4 to 5 minutes and not have to make judgement of it being more or less.

THx

ColecoVision

Pepper II 15 mins

Mr. Do 15 mins

Pitstop 15 mins

Arcade

Galaga 45 mins

Berzerk 5 mins

Pole Position 5 mins

Millipede 5 mins

Robotron:2084 5 mins

Space Invaders 10 mins

Ms. Pac-Man 5 mins

Arkanoid 5 mins

Satan's Hollow 10 mins

MAME

Tempest 45 mins

Asteroids 10 mins

Asteroids Deluxe 10 mins

Space Invaders 10 mins

Space Fury 15 mins

Galaga 15 mins

Eagle 15 mins

Turtles 10 mins

Spiders 10 mins

Magical Spot II 5 mins

Tazz-Mania 10 mins

Space Firebird 15 mins

Scramble 5 mins

Eyes 5 mins

Let me know if "Arcade" and "MAME" should be consolidated or remain separate...