IGNORED

since when did the GBA Activision Anthology become so rare?

Crazy Climber

This one is up to $16 loose, and still has a day or so left. Not to mention it's the only one on Ebay besides a sealed one for $55. I didn't think this was uncommon, used to see them all the time at Gamestop for a few bucks....am I missing something :ponder:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ACTIVISION-ANTHOLOGY-G...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by Crazy Climber

It has been like this for at least a year (when I got my copy). When I was looking, they were going for $10-$30 loose, $30+ complete. I think it had a very low print run, and all of the people who own it (probably mainly us retro enthusiasts) don't want to part with theirs. It is a great collection, perfect except for some of the games running a bit slow.

This one is up to $16 loose, and still has a day or so left. Not to mention it's the only one on Ebay besides a sealed one for $55. I didn't think this was uncommon, used to see them all the time at Gamestop for a few bucks....am I missing something :ponder:

you know it's really not worth it. It sound's good in theory but the emulation runs slow. It's too bad because I have Gameboy and NES emulators that run at full speed on the GBA so the hardware is capable of emulating a 2600, but this compilation doesn't do it.

Edited by Warriorisabouttodie

"Seller has ended the item early blah, blah, blah" :roll:

I wasn't aware it was actually worth that much. Now I'll have to see if I actually still own it...

If you're going to lowball someone, at least send a PM...it's generally unwise to do it in public.

Err yeah that's a good point. :)

Tempest

you know it's really not worth it. It sound's good in theory but the emulation runs slow. It's too bad because I have Gameboy and NES emulators that run at full speed on the GBA so the hardware is capable of emulating a 2600, but this compilation doesn't do it.

It only runs slow on a couple of games. So just don't play Pitfall II on it ;) :P Seriously, I highly recommend GBA Activision Anthology - I'm certainly never selling my copy. The built in high score records and unlockable Activision Patches are a nice touch, and the homebrew games like Space Treat, Climber 5, and Vault Assault are a nice toucy.

I use mine a lot with my Game Boy Micro, which is tiny, with the added bonuses of a first class backlighted screen and much better quality buttons than the SP. I have a 2600 (and a 7800) emulator on my fat PSP, which has an awesome screen and buttons, and runs full speed, but I find myself playing Anthology on the GBA much more because it's just so darn portable.

I offer $20 shipped, you can probably pull more on Ebay but thats what I will pay for a boxed one :)

If you're going to lowball someone, at least send a PM...it's generally unwise to do it in public.

Thats why I posted it and told him he could probably get more. Lowball offer or not thats all I want to pay for one and I am sure I will find one for that price sooner or later ;) If I just send a PM with a low price it makes me look like I am trying to lowball, this way I clearly let other people get a chance to counter offer my initial offer :)