IGNORED

So long, EGM.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/sidebar...tting-down.html

I remember the very first issue, and have subscribed to it off and on since it began. This sucks. I always looked forward to Seanbaby's monthly article, and it had good, solid information every month. Oh, well. Yet another victim of the economy, I guess.

I'm sorry to see this happen,as I used to buy and/or read their mag every month.I have not found it as fun or informative lately though. :( Perhaps,they'll do like PSM and Official Playstation Magazine did,merge into Playstation The Official Magazine in Jan. '08.They may be going to branch off in another area with EGM,they changed it once or twice before in the 90s,as I remember.Or did our sad state of affairs now really gobble them up and put them down??Maybe it will change for them too. :)

Why couldn't it have been Game Informer. Then it would be one less piece of garbage I'd have to throw out every month.

THANK YOU. It's one reason I let my GameStop card lapse. I liked the 10% discount on used games, but I hated reading that rag with its pro-Sony bias.

The only modern game magazine that I thought was worth a damn was Next Generation. It was classy yet hip like Wired Magazine.

I never really cared for EGM. They seemed like a cheap Electronic Games knockoff in the old days.

I agree though NEXT GEN was a very cool mag.

"Edge" is very nice but too expensive for us non UK folks. :(

Edited by cimerians

Free and in context, Game Informer isn't horrible. The context being that it's basically 150 pages of advertising. Good read on the can.

But for the most part I'll just stick with Retro Gamer. The last two issues were absolutely superb. I can't remember the last time I read EGM.

Eric

Hi guys,

Well I'll be DAMN!! EGM was a preety good video game subscription magazine. I always like them and its interesting articles.

Well, at least we still have GameInformer and GamePro.

Who else is still left that is a major VG Magazine that does everything these days?

Anthony....

Good riddance! EGM was biased reviewing at it's worst.

Agreed with mos6507.... Next Generation was THE best. Wish it was still around.

Hi guys,

Next Generation magazine was certainly the best out there for its time. Everything was quality from them. From the articles, to there paper that they used.

Anthony....

Too bad.. I used to love EGM. Heck, still got the first 100 issues.. all bought off the newstand manually :P

Img_5796.jpg

But yeah as everyone already knows, they slowly lost a lot of that magic they used to have until I pretty much lost interest in them around the mid 90's. I really still do prefer print media. As much of a net hound I am, I rarely read any videogame news off it believe or not. Oh well.. so long EGM. I'll probably keep the mags I have forever like I do for everything else though.. :lol:

I kind of liked some of the writers that worked for EGM. My EGM subscription was good through 2013 (thanks to other Ziff Davis magazines going under and "credit" being added to EGM). Will subscriptions be rolled into another Ziff Davis publication? I wonder...