IGNORED

War based combat games........Bleh!

I agree.

I much prefer nursing home based combat games.

Oh, PTA meeting based combat games are pretty cool too.

Can't really forget about homeless shelter based combat games, or social security branch based combat games either.

You forgot about welfare based combat games in which the player fights to gain cash and help himself get better housing and buy his first car. :D

Hey Hey Hey...I don't know one American who has ever gave a rat's ass about what their granddaddy did in WWII. No generalizing!

:ponder:

Make that one American.

:|

It's not that they're supposed to not care (I know lots of Canadians and Newfoundlanders quite proud of what their grand parents and great grand parents did in the wars), it's just the constant focus on it as if it were the only period in all of history, and the focus on their part in WW 2 in particular. It makes for boring games and boring movies (Pearl Harbour anyone). We get it. You guys were the Calvary. Congratulations. Now can we play more games set in ancient Egypt or something?

It's not that they're supposed to not care (I know lots of Canadians and Newfoundlanders quite proud of what their grand parents and great grand parents did in the wars), it's just the constant focus on it as if it were the only period in all of history, and the focus on their part in WW 2 in particular. It makes for boring games and boring movies (Pearl Harbour anyone). We get it. You guys were the Calvary. Congratulations. Now can we play more games set in ancient Egypt or something?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anubis_II

Hey Hey Hey...I don't know one American who has ever gave a rat's ass about what their granddaddy did in WWII. No generalizing!

:ponder:

Make that one American.

:|

:lolblue:

No. Most rpgs have monsters, insects and other wierd things. Not actual people like us. I can't down other games or the people who play them. It's just not for me. I can't blame someone for liking a certain thing. I mean, look at the 5200. I've heard many say bad things about and i'm like, what the hell. But then again, everybody's different.

GabrielGood point. I 've owned the PS2 almost since it came out and yes there are many great rpgs. Some of which i haven't picked up yet but i eventually will.

But monsters are people too. They aren't evil, they are just misunderstood... And just think of all the damage you could be doing to the ecosystem by destroying those poor insects!!

But monsters are people too. They aren't evil, they are just misunderstood... And just think of all the damage you could be doing to the ecosystem by destroying those poor insects!!

Yeah, white people used to think that black people weren't "actual people like us." And what happens when our alien friends finally make themselves known to the whole planet? They might look like bugs or vegetables or testicles. Stop the hate-filled arrogant violence! :D

I'll take a game in ancient Egypt over WWII anyday :thumbsup:

OK, here you go:

http://www.randomterrain.com/games/brickshooter/index.html

I couldn't get it to work :sad:

Well, that sucks. Works using Firefox, IE, Opera, and Safari for me.

I tried reloading it and I'm on firefox but still don't work...that's alright I'm playing Tomb Raider Anniversary on my PSP..to you know.. get my fix.

WWII was the last "real" war ever fought where uniformed soldiers went toe to toe and there was no question over right and wrong. That's why it's so popular today. Conventional state vs. state Geneva Convention war is dead. It's nukes, terrorism, sore-loser guerilla tactics, and corporate-influenced resource grabs.

Edited by mos6507

The number of good FPSs seem right about the same as the number of good RPGs. Of course there are lots of mediocre FPS titles but so was the market flooded with spaceship shooters, platformers and 3D action games once. It's all about the genre that is popular.

Probably does even out between the two. Just seems like now, we've forgotten all about anything else for the most part except for the Wii which still deals out a variety. 360 seems to have a few different things.

and there was no question over right and wrong.

Uh-huh. Well, Germany was certainly wrong (largely allowed to get that way through huge missteps by the international community), but explain to me again why the U.S. didn't demonstrate the Nuke on a large chunk of unpopulated forest, or at worst, on a small town and its surrounding countryside? Same effect, much less death. Also, as to no questions over right or wrong, read the first issue of Action comics and tell me what questions there were about that at the start of the war. It's funny how Superman beats up on a guy for trying to get America into the war. Certainly we can all agree now, but at the time it was considered very wrong by most of the U.S. to become involved in a war of no concern to them. Then there's the treatment of Japanese and German citizens in the allied countries.

It was a morally justified war. It wasn't a squeaky clean affair though.

As to it being the last toe to toe war, wasn't it the one with the highest civilian casualty count, and the only use of nuclear weapons?

By the way, before I come across as too negative about America and WWII, I figure I'll point out that my Province (my Country if I had my way) benefited quite a lot from the U.S. war effort:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion_of_N...nd#World_War_II

So much so, we almost formed a union with you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_for_Eco...e_United_States

Still, is a few years of WWI games too much to ask? We have our heroes too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Royal_New...iment#The_Somme

Edited by Atarifever