IGNORED

War based combat games........Bleh!

Close, but one digit off.

You get even more points if you can guess which system... hehe

Cool. I need to try more older games like this. I've never played any of the Ultima games. Any good?

I'll save you some trouble. No, I don't think any of them were very good at all. They were very hyped, and mostly better than the competition, but they were still pretty primative.

Edited by Reaperman

Cool. I need to try more older games like this. I've never played any of the Ultima games. Any good?

I'll save you some trouble. No, I don't think any of them were very good at all. They were very hyped, and mostly better than the competition, but they were still pretty primative.

I didn't think as much. Probably why i stayed away from them.

I didn't think as much. Probably why i stayed away from them.

Although I did not like Ultima 6 at the time (due to the lack of control of your party in combat). Thinking on it it's pretty good and similar in vein to Ultima 4. Ultima 3, 4, 5, and 6 are probably the best of the series. Although some may consider 5 debatable. I never cared for 7 myself. Though the ultima underworlds series was far better at the time.

So that's my humble opinion. Primative... :lol: For their time they were pretty far ahead in alot of areas. But this was back when RPG's were RPG's and not overblown anime fests. :lol:

Raise your hand if your like me and just plain sick and tired of all these Fallout and Call of Duty type games. Every time i turn around, their releasing a new war game. I mean, don't get me wrong, we should have a couple of good ones for those out there that enjoy shooting other people in a simulator but come on. The PS3 and the 360 seem to be flooded with this junk. It all started with a handful of theses games on the PS2 and a bunch of them on the original Xbox. Crap like Halo and Rainbow Six. I'd rather see more Japan based games like anime and rpgs again like the old days with the turbografx, and genesis. Games like Valis, Y's, Exile, and Final Fantasy.

I'm absolutely and totally fed up with FPS and have been since about a year after Doom came out and almost every other game was an FPS.

Yes PS2/3 Xbox/360 seem to be swamped in them.

And yes i particularly am sick of war based one - they do nothing for me at all.

I'd rather see more games of all different types, but certainly if i never see another FPS it'll be too soon.

Raise your hand if your like me and just plain sick and tired of all these Fallout and Call of Duty type games. Every time i turn around, their releasing a new war game. I mean, don't get me wrong, we should have a couple of good ones for those out there that enjoy shooting other people in a simulator but come on. The PS3 and the 360 seem to be flooded with this junk. It all started with a handful of theses games on the PS2 and a bunch of them on the original Xbox. Crap like Halo and Rainbow Six. I'd rather see more Japan based games like anime and rpgs again like the old days with the turbografx, and genesis. Games like Valis, Y's, Exile, and Final Fantasy.

I'm absolutely and totally fed up with FPS and have been since about a year after Doom came out and almost every other game was an FPS.

Yes PS2/3 Xbox/360 seem to be swamped in them.

And yes i particularly am sick of war based one - they do nothing for me at all.

I'd rather see more games of all different types, but certainly if i never see another FPS it'll be too soon.

I know. I liked Doom alright. But after that, it seems we're being bombarded by the men in green. :lol:

This is my total guilty pleasure of video games. MoH, CoD, Ghost Recon I love that shit. I never buy new though. I get a new game put it on the hardest level and ware it out. Then it goes on the shelf. Then I don't play a FPS for six months. I almost always play WWII games, just cause I think the weapons are cool. If I could just get new levels that would be cool, I want digital distribution.