IGNORED

Rare bought out.. by Microsoft??

NE146

Man, what an annoying site. I haven't been there in a long time, did they just completely change it over to that minimalist site I just looked at? Reading large amount of text (like press releases) in a flash-based interface is always aggravating!

GBA "Donkey Kong Coconut Crackers", "Banjo Kazooie", "Diddy Kong Pilot" & "Sabre Wulf" all dead & gone ?!? :_(

Are you speculating or does it actually say this? I wouldn't expect any Donkey Kong titles from them, since that's a Nintendo property, not sure about the other two.

..Al

My friend told me last night that he heard they would still be working on GBA stuff, but reading today, I'm don't think that's right. The guy from rare said all of his teams would be working on X-Box stuff. But I can't find anything that says specifically what will happen to the GBA stuff.

The characters that Nintendo still owns are Star Fox, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong. That might mean a new Donkey Kong game for the Cube made by Nintendo which could be really cool. I never played Donkey Kong 64, but I heard it wasn't that great. Although I did like Diddy Kong racing a lot.

I'm kinda dissapointed that Perfect Dark will now be an X-Box game, but the guy I play games with all the time has one, so I'll get to play it. He needs some good games for the X-Box anyway. We haven't played the Box in months since there have been so many good games coming out for the Cube.

-Paul

YOu know, I was totally mad about Microsoft Buying Rare. Nintendo Stated that rare games only made up 1.5% of their profits in 2001....... which... Is not a lot. Rare offered the sale to Nintendo first. Nintendo refused the offer.

I am starting to get over rare. Really.... they only have a few games. They stated on the Xbox, they are going to come out with 5 games in 2 years (according to IGN.com..... that would be a miracle according to rare's track record). I love Rare games as much as the next person, BUT WHO CARES ABOUT A SMALL 5 GAMES?!?

Look at all the Killer titles coming out for the cube by the end of this year. Metroid Prime, Need for Speed, Medal of Honor, time Splitters 2 .... THERE ARE TONS, I seriously mean TONS of new great games coming out. Not to mention, you should see Quarter 1 2003 releases for the cube (where is the drool emoticon when you need it).

Harvest Moon, Zelda.... It doesn't get better than this.

Microsoft has always been about buying everything out...... and if you look... there are not too many good games on the system. Microsoft has never really been able to get the gaming market down. The only REAL good game they ever had was midtown madness.

Now, Nintendo has a ton of money from the deal, they are investing in other companies to get NEW ideas for games. Namco is making a new starfox, which is far in development........ The normal "flying" starfox that is...... Just watch what Nintendo does.

Yes, Xbox got 5 great games, but.... Nintendo will gain more with their new investments. And Nintendo games seem to ALWAYS be addictive, innovative, and down right the best in the market.

Comments please :)

†B†V†