IGNORED

ColecoVision Arkanoid...

opcode

what about games using the dial on the action controller?  That seems like a good interface to move a paddle back and forth.  It's a shame there isn't a way to get a 2600 style paddle set to work in CV..  Seems like that's ultimately the best way to play a game like Arkanoid.. having a hard left and right range with absolute values.   Though Arkanoid I guess just used a rotary encoder.  

I know I'm super late to the party.. heh..  just got my CV in the last couple of months.  I have all the accessories now and they all seem to work well if maybe a little cleaning is in order..   I'm going to be looking into making games for CV once I get my hands on a copy of that book.   I'm mostly just going to see about making a "hello world" and see how i t feels.  

Edited by Caleb Garner

Yes I created it, sold some for the intv. Then I created a simpler version and released it as open source. The simpler 3d model and electronics are available in Thingiverse and git hub. The box is just a splitter so my paddle and joystick can both be connected so I can use the keypad. 

40 minutes ago, evg2000 said:

Yes I created it, sold some for the intv. Then I created a simpler version and released it as open source. The simpler 3d model and electronics are available in Thingiverse and git hub. The box is just a splitter so my paddle and joystick can both be connected so I can use the keypad. 

It's essentially a handheld version of Coleco's Expansion Module #2 (steering wheel controller).  :)

It requires batteries, right?

what games would it work with for intellivision?   

Also I'm very interested how i might find a splitter.  I have one of each of the add on controllers now (super action, roller, steering) and the 2600..  but yea its kind of a mess of cables and connectors.. 

The other thing I'd love to find is slim profile 90 degree serial connectors.   something like the kind you can get for PC, but without the screw/ears which often make inserting them into a coleco joystick port. 

I'm even thinking about rigging some kind of serial port "patch bay" to give some kind of interface where you just plug each controller into it's remote interface..   seeing how my intellivision, coleco, odyssey 2, 3do and genesis all use 9 pin serial.. 

13 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

It's essentially a handheld version of Coleco's Expansion Module #2 (steering wheel controller).  :)

It requires batteries, right?

It does require a 9 volt battery

not sure, haven’t investigated the steering wheel. It used a 600 position connected to attiny which decide the signal and then sends a signal through an optocoupler to the device

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4316115

https://github.com/evg2000/ATTiny84_Version3.1

10 minutes ago, Caleb Garner said:

what games would it work with for intellivision?   

Also I'm very interested how i might find a splitter.  I have one of each of the add on controllers now (super action, roller, steering) and the 2600..  but yea its kind of a mess of cables and connectors.. 

The other thing I'd love to find is slim profile 90 degree serial connectors.   something like the kind you can get for PC, but without the screw/ears which often make inserting them into a coleco joystick port. 

I'm even thinking about rigging some kind of serial port "patch bay" to give some kind of interface where you just plug each controller into it's remote interface..   seeing how my intellivision, coleco, odyssey 2, 3do and genesis all use 9 pin serial.. 

many. It can be set to left/right it up down. 
Mad bomber

asrtosmash

pong

etc