IGNORED

Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection coming soon..

cimerians

I'd recommend checking gametrailers or youtube for gameplay vids that'll give you at least some idea of how it looks.

I have it for the PS2, which probably looks better than an Internet video, but I'd like to see it on a real Xbox 360 or PS3. I hope it will be sold for less than 20 dollars used for the Xbox 360 before the year is over, but that's probably a fantasy.

The Wii version dropped pretty quickly. I remember going for the PS2 release first since it was less than half the price (Launched at $12 I think versus $29.99 or so) and was only missing Jive Time and Sorceror. It wasn't more than two or three months before it was down around $15 or so too and I picked it up and spent less for both titles than I would've buying the Wii version at launch.

So I'm sure you'll be able to get it for $20 relatively soon, though I hope it maintains it's price for a while thanks to hopefully healthy sales.

It arrived this weekend. WOW!

Looks fannnnnnnnntastic. Way better than the Wii version, if anyone is wondering do yourself a big favor and get the PS3 or 360 version. I'm in heaven all over again.

Then again I have an LCD with HDMI (1080P) so I cant speak for anything less.

I love the trophy\achievment support and just the overall quality. I got it from Amazon for $29.99

For anyone that may be interested, it appears the previous European only release of Gottlieb Pinball Classics, which was a Nintendo Wii launch title that ported Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection from last generation consoles, is slated for a release in the coming weeks finally. It includes three new pinball games that weren't on the Xbox/PS2/GCN release.

The PSP edition, which was done at the same time and also includes the additional games, has been available here for years under the title of Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection. Was previousily the only way to get your hands on El Dorado, Goin' Nuts, and Strikes n' Spares. While I don't care for Strikes n' Spares, I've enjoyed the other two tables.

Edited by Atariboy

Where in the heck is Haunted House!

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/haunted_house/haunted_house_pinball.htm

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=1133

They better give us Haunted House for the Xbox 360 and PS3. If Microsoft is blocking it because of their ancient collection for the PC, I'm going to use my magic powers to turn Bill Gates into a huge pile of dog poo.

I decided I wanted this game today. Ordinarily, I'd just order it online, save $5 to $20, and get it in a week. But I wanted to play it tonight, so I hunted around town for it.

Did I find it? Of course not. And I could have sworn I saw it somewhere just two weeks ago.

Most notably, I visited the town's three specialty game stores. Two of them had never heard of it. I even dipped so low as to check Gamestop. I immediately regretted it and remembered why I NEVER shop there. The response I got when inquiring about the game was:

"There's really no reason for us to stock an obscure game like that. We have Halo ODST in stock."

I couldn't even find it anywhere for rent. It amazes me that there is nowhere in this whole town to buy a game which has such positive buzz.

I might still Amazon it. This experience has really driven home why I don't bother shopping anywhere other than the internet anymore.

I decided I wanted this game today. Ordinarily, I'd just order it online, save $5 to $20, and get it in a week. But I wanted to play it tonight, so I hunted around town for it.

Did I find it? Of course not. And I could have sworn I saw it somewhere just two weeks ago.

Most notably, I visited the town's three specialty game stores. Two of them had never heard of it. I even dipped so low as to check Gamestop. I immediately regretted it and remembered why I NEVER shop there. The response I got when inquiring about the game was:

"There's really no reason for us to stock an obscure game like that. We have Halo ODST in stock."

I couldn't even find it anywhere for rent. It amazes me that there is nowhere in this whole town to buy a game which has such positive buzz.

I might still Amazon it. This experience has really driven home why I don't bother shopping anywhere other than the internet anymore.

I so wish people could think more like you do.

For anyone that may be interested, it appears the previous European only release of Gottlieb Pinball Classics, which was a Nintendo Wii launch title that ported Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection from last generation consoles, is slated for a release in the coming weeks finally. It includes three new pinball games that weren't on the Xbox/PS2/GCN release.

The PSP edition, which was done at the same time and also includes the additional games, has been available here for years under the title of Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection. Was previousily the only way to get your hands on El Dorado, Goin' Nuts, and Strikes n' Spares. While I don't care for Strikes n' Spares, I've enjoyed the other two tables.

will this version have the improved camera angles of the williams collection? what about the credit system and table goals/challenges?

ill likely get it either way, but the original gottlieb collection didnt have the polish of the williams collection

On the Ps3 can you tilt the controller to tilt the machine....or do you have to press a button...I think that would make it more like playing hte pinball machine in an arcade if you could just tilt the controller a bit, but not too much....

Pinball is great....this will be a must buy!

On the Ps3 can you tilt the controller to tilt the machine....or do you have to press a button...I think that would make it more like playing hte pinball machine in an arcade if you could just tilt the controller a bit, but not too much....

Unfortunately not.....I cant beleive they dropped the ball on this as it would have made it even better. Still a great must by game though. Every table looks and plays fantastic. I have to agree with what Moycon said though, I have the PS3 version but the 360 controller is much better for pinball games. It just feels better. I'm still happy witht he PS3 version though so whichever you get its going to be VERY good.

Unfortunately not.....I cant beleive they dropped the ball on this as it would have made it even better. Still a great must by game though. Every table looks and plays fantastic. I have to agree with what Moycon said though, I have the PS3 version but the 360 controller is much better for pinball games. It just feels better. I'm still happy witht he PS3 version though so whichever you get its going to be VERY good.

I agree with Moycon as well, the 360 controller does feel alot nicer in your hands, but I prefer the Ps3 controller when it comes to using the thumb pads as buttons...they seem to be so much more responsive and accurate....

I have this for the PSP already. I've really been debating on if it is a title I'd enjoy on the PS3. Would I rather play that... or FallOut 3... or NCAA10.

Are the graphics that much better on the PS3 version compared to the PSP version? I do have HDMI cables, 1080p and all of that. So I would be getting the best of the graphics, but I'm wondering if it is really worth grabbing for the big screen. There aren't any new tables are there? I can run out and grab a copy (finally found a place with them in stock) but I'm still 'Farving' the whole idea.

Also... Have any of you seen any advertised deals for this? For instance, is it $29 anywhere in a store yet? Just wondering so I can get a price match if I decide to grab it.

You should have said, "Ahh, yes, thanks for reminding me about Halo ODST. I'll go buy that from Amazon.com, along with the Pinball Hall of Fame."

..Al

Yep! Now that would have been funny!

You should have said, "Ahh, yes, thanks for reminding me about Halo ODST. I'll go buy that from Amazon.com, along with the Pinball Hall of Fame."

I had seen on Toys R Us's website that the game was $40, Target had a similar price, and Gamestop also lists the game at the same price. I figured if I found the game locally, it would be about that price, meaning that when all was said and done, I'd have ended up paying about $44. I decided that would be an OK trade off to get the game that evening.

Ironically, if I had ordered it from Amazon that night with one day shipping, I would have it by now and for under $40. I did decide to order it from Amazon, but I tossed in Wizard of Oz for the DS and went for free shipping.

Of course, the final kicker with regards to the Gamestop portion of the ordeal is that their website says the very Gamestop I visited DOES have new copies of the game in stock. I guess they just don't want to sell them.

Anyway, that's all said and done. I'm just waiting for it to get here. The videos I saw of the Mideval Madness table made it look fun. Although I wish they had put Swords of Fury on it.

Am I the only one who wants Haunted House on Xbox 360 and PS3?

I never played that one... but it looks cool

I still remember the first time I played Haunted House at an arcade. "Holy crap! Three levels!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXfz5zFBAnc

I kinda want one (Haunted House) after seeing it in action. Wish I had a chance to play one though. I noticed a few in driving distances...

Damn that looks like a fun one to play!

At least you can play a free limited demo of Haunted House on the PC:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/pinball/downloads.htm

Not the same as the real thing or as good as what we'd have on the Xbox 360 and PS3, but it's better than nothing.

Well... I decided to go ahead and grab this game for the PS3. I didn't know if I wanted to being that I had it for the PSP already. But, I had around $20 on my Edge Card. So I figured I'd Run up to Game Stop and grab a copy of it. Again... just like someone mentioned above... when I walked in, I realized why I hated the store so much.

Start GameStop RANT!

I actually found their ONLY copy of this game. So I was at least happy about that! Then I got to the counter and got the whole sales pitch of "If you do not pre-order Modern Warfare 2... there will not be a copy of it for you to buy ANYWHERE on the day it comes out" Really jackass? Do you think I am going to fall for that crap?

Sales pitch aside... I left that alone. Then I watch him go to the area behind the counter and this is where I begin to hate Game Stop with a passion. He opens up the case I brought him from the store floor, and fishes out a paper envelope containing the game that is supposed to go inside of the case I brought him. He puts the Game into the case and puts a clear sticker over the opening of the case to seal it. So... Now my game is "brand new" again.

Now I decide to have a little fun. What irks me about this is that if I brought that game back to them 5 minutes later, they would consider it to be a USED or PRE-OWNED game. Even if I didn't touch the damn thing. So, would I get full credit for it if I brought it back, nope. Yet... they can open a brand new game, take out the game and put it in a different envelope, and still consider it as being brand new. I'm not sure what you guys think on the subject, but if I opened a factory sealed game, it is no longer factory sealed, and therefore does not warrant the FS price or the 'NEW' price.

So the guy rings me up. I hand him my Edge card. He looks at it as though it is a maggot crawling on his counter. He says, "Sir, you can't use that today. That's only for used games." So I reply: "Exactly! First of all I have credit on that card I'd like to use, and then I'd like my Discount for buying a pre-owned/used game."

Again... I get a look as though the card is a crawling leach, and I'm the one that set it free. He tells me that the game is brand new, and even went as far as pointing out the sticker on it that shows the brand new price. I then told him that it isn't new. It is a pre-owned game. He laughed at that and said it wasn't a pre-owned game. So I gave him a quick scenerio: "If I walk into Target and grab a box of FrankenBerry cereal to look at while I'm walking around.... then I decide to open it to see what is inside and what toy is in the box, won't Target make me pay for it?"

He then said... and I quote... "Of course they will. You opened a brand new box of cereal!"

So I look at him, and kind of throw my hands in the air to say 'You made my point for me' and he just stares at me as though I have a fly dancing around on my eyeball. It was an awkward 15 seconds that felt like hours. Then he says, "But this game is not pre-owned, it never left our store."

I repeat for him: "But you opened a brand new PS3 game!"

I then ease the tension a bit, as I don't want to be an ass. I told him I understand the policy, but they are driving away people from the store with that stupid policy. If I want to buy a used copy of the game, I'll buy a used copy of the game. Hell, I've even had them open a game of mine that I pre-ordered and paid in full. In all reality... that is my property that I paid for. Yet, they opened it and removed it from the case. Why, I have no freaking idea. I canceled that order though and got it from somewhere else.

In the end, I did get 10% off. I guess he didn't want to deal with me anymore. LOL

Now... back to the main reason I am posting: The Game.

A-m-a-z-i-n-g

I think this is a great collection of Pinball Games.

And to be honest with you, I've only played a few tables. There are a few games that I really enjoy in this collection. My favorites (so far) are Gorgar, Space Shuttle, Black Knight

I think the reason I like them over all of the others is that I read all of the rules and the instructions for each table. I understand how the point systems work, how to rack up points and how to get them most out of each ball. Gorgar is EASILY my favorite game (so far). I played this a lot of the PSP and was worried that I would not get a high score to match the one I had on the PSP. Well... I passed it. LOL

Once you really learn how to maximize each ball and how to advance in the game a bit, this table is a lot of fun! I like it's theme and I'm thinking of asking a local vendor for a good price on one of these that are nearby. In other words, I'm going to talk them down a bit to see what they say. I would really like to grab this one! I can easily get to 300,000 on this game, which seems to be a respectable score. Then last night I was grabbing a lot of 500,000 scores. I think I was listed as number 300 on the leaderboards with a hig 400,000 score. then I grabbed a bunch of 590,000 scores. My last game of the night, I grabbed a great 625,000 score that is my high game! The leaderboards weren't loading so I was not able to check my standings. :(

I like the trophies. I would hope they would be able to add a pinball table or something to the game through the PS Store, but I'm not sure if that is likely. It would be nice to get a pinball update every once in a while.

Where's the multiplayer option? (challenging someone like the PSP version)

I echo what other's said: Grab a copy of this on PS3 or XBOX 360.

It's finally here.

The verdict? I love it. My favorite tables so far are Medieval Madness and Taxi.

The tables are photorealistic. The atmosphere of playing in an arcade is perfect. I lost myself in this feeling for 5 wonderful hours.

It's not flawless, though. I don't like having to unlock stuff. I already had to jump through hoops to get this game. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to play what I've bought. I wish game makers would quit doing stupid shit like this. I'd seriously like to beat the crap out of the people who thought locking free play would be a good idea.

It's finally here.

The verdict? I love it. My favorite tables so far are Medieval Madness and Taxi.

The tables are photorealistic. The atmosphere of playing in an arcade is perfect. I lost myself in this feeling for 5 wonderful hours.

It's not flawless, though. I don't like having to unlock stuff. I already had to jump through hoops to get this game. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to play what I've bought. I wish game makers would quit doing stupid shit like this. I'd seriously like to beat the crap out of the people who thought locking free play would be a good idea.

I thought that it was worth them locking things up. Before too long you'll have a lot of credits and it won't even matter. Just find a table that you are really good at and meet all of the goals for the table. I did that with Gorgar (I have a top 100 score on the leaderboards!). Unlocking the tables get pretty easy after a while.

I think it adds a bit of replay value.

I took the Williams Challenge last night... (mind you I have not played all of the tables yet) and I got my ass handed to me by PinBot. That tables outlanes are un-forgivable. WOW!