IGNORED

Mint Condition 2600/7800 carts sealed $5 each

SalemFrost7800

Yes, I would believe he has sold that many... there are tons of sealed games from his inventory list on eBay all the time. Plus, I think I have all his listed games sealed that I got from odd lot sales on eBay that I would bet money came from him originally. Anyway, that guy is cool. I want to hang out with him. Love the photo. Damn Irish leprechaun bastard!

I placed a large order with them when I got my 7800 last year. Half the games I got were in excellent condition, the other half were crushed to a pulp.

That's not encouraging to hear. :x

I had one, or maybe two orders with them. Both around 2000-2001 though. I didn't get any crushed or really bad, but they're not all perfect. Some had dented corners, or slight crushing. Fortunately, I got 2 of most titles, so in most cases, one is perfect, the other not, so I opened the non-perfect one.

Did yours (tremoloman) appear to be damaged due to shipping, or were they shipped that way?

I placed a large order with them when I got my 7800 last year. Half the games I got were in excellent condition, the other half were crushed to a pulp.

That's not encouraging to hear. :x

I had one, or maybe two orders with them. Both around 2000-2001 though. I didn't get any crushed or really bad, but they're not all perfect. Some had dented corners, or slight crushing. Fortunately, I got 2 of most titles, so in most cases, one is perfect, the other not, so I opened the non-perfect one.

Did yours (tremoloman) appear to be damaged due to shipping, or were they shipped that way?

I'd say it was a combination of the two. I bought roughly 35 titles so they came in one large and heavy box. They were packed tight in the box and all fit together with no space for bubble wrap or whatnot. The ones on the outside were the ones that got the worst damage.

Some were perfect, a few had mild corner damage which I think came from shipping as described above, and a couple were flat out squished. The 7800 titles seemed to be in a lot better condition than the red boxed Atari ones I got. My Jr. Pac-Man looked like Embryo Pac-Man. Flat as a pancake.

I'm not trying to rain on everyone's parade so please don't shoot the messenger! I just wanted to inform everyone that O'Shea's titles aren't all in mint condition as the title of this thread suggests so don't give your hopes up if a few make it to you with a little damage. If you are purchasing these in the hopes of getting perfect boxes I'd make it a point to them you want them shipped and packaged appropriately so no damage occurs during shipping. I did not do this as I assumed that anyone with common sense with package them with the utmost care as I would. Stupid me!

To be fair the carts on the inside were perfectly fine and worked flawlessly... even Embryo Pac-Man.

Edited by tremoloman2006

I received my shipment of twelve titles last night. They'd been placed in a box that was a bit oversized, but no packing material was used. Nine of the titles arrived in mint condition. Three have boxes that are crushed near one corner or another.

I just placed an order. I'm really beefing up my 7800 collection.

For anyone that might be interested, I'm not going to keep the boxes/manuals. Anything I get that's in decent enough shape, I'll offer up to the community. I'm only interested in the carts. :) I'll keep you posted.

Might you be offering these up in the freebie forum? :ponder:

I might be interested in a few of them. Let me know! :)

Last time I was at Tanger Outlet Mall they had 2600 and 7800 games for sale. That was in 1993. If Tanger was still around, they might still have NOS of classic games.

There are two Tanger Malls near here, but no stores that seem likely to have 2600 games... what store were they in?

It's been a long time ago. I remember it was some type of toy store, and I picked up some HO scale slot racer there.

As for me, I've got all the carts on O'Shea's 7800 list, but I don't have all the boxes or manuals. There are some 2600 carts I don't have, so it might be worth me placing an order with them soon. If it weren't for the shipping issues, I'd say that there's really no reason any collector on this site should be without CIB copies of the games on his order form--unless they're not collecting CIB.

Last time I was at Tanger Outlet Mall they had 2600 and 7800 games for sale. That was in 1993. If Tanger was still around, they might still have NOS of classic games.

There are two Tanger Malls near here, but no stores that seem likely to have 2600 games... what store were they in?

It's been a long time ago. I remember it was some type of toy store, and I picked up some HO scale slot racer there.

As for me, I've got all the carts on O'Shea's 7800 list, but I don't have all the boxes or manuals. There are some 2600 carts I don't have, so it might be worth me placing an order with them soon. If it weren't for the shipping issues, I'd say that there's really no reason any collector on this site should be without CIB copies of the games on his order form--unless they're not collecting CIB.

Well... my only reason is a lack of employment currently. Even so, I'm still considering buying a few 7800 games that I don't have.

For anyone that might be interested, I'm not going to keep the boxes/manuals. Anything I get that's in decent enough shape, I'll offer up to the community. I'm only interested in the carts. :) I'll keep you posted.

Might you be offering these up in the freebie forum? :ponder:

I might be interested in a few of them. Let me know! :)

Most likely! ;) I can't see myself making much of a profit on boxes. :)

I ordered a "full set" back when they were .80c apiece also. All got here in good condition, but I was steamed that my 2600 desert falcon game didn't work out of the box.

There used to be a good bit of "Rare" 7800 games that they had. Of course, after about six months they all sold out and went from being dirt common back into the rare side of things.

They have been teasing me for years with that little word that appears on their order page.... "JAGUAR"!? I have emailed DOZENS of times asking over the last few years (they never reply) why their order form says Jaguar, and if they actually have any (I'd be happy to take some of each!). I'm guessing when they made the page they meant 2600/7800, but were not well versed on it.

AX

They have been teasing me for years with that little word that appears on their order page.... "JAGUAR"!? I have emailed DOZENS of times asking over the last few years (they never reply) why their order form says Jaguar, and if they actually have any (I'd be happy to take some of each!). I'm guessing when they made the page they meant 2600/7800, but were not well versed on it.

AX

They used to have some Jaguar games.

I too was one of the lucky ones who got in back when they had .80 cent carts (also back when they had a LOT more variety in the titles, especially the 7800 titles.) bought a bunch to fill in some collection holes. I also love big lots in the early 90s, I did the same, spending any extra money I could on $1 carts. Though the real mother lode was at odd lots right after the crash, if only I wasn't still in high school with no money back then... all the intellivision computer game carts, ALL the Imagic carts for 2600 & inty, tons of mnetwork, parker, activision, atari, etc. titles, all 2 for $1 brand new :) computer module & music module for inty, $19 each, kidvids, $19 tron joysticks with the tron games in a cool pack for $9 then later $5 dollars (mom made me through out the box because it took up room :( ) etc etc $50 brand new vecrtexes, $2 for $5 on every vectrex cart (and they had them all,) ah it was like a wonderland. Still wish I had picked up that stupid word game I saw for like $2 back then (glib, didn't buy because, back then, I only bought games I wanted to play. SILLY ME :) ) still one of the carts I'm missing :)

I missed the boat when they offered the games on the cheap. I've been considering ordering from them for a couple years now, but at $5 per game I think they should at least eat the shipping.

Also their order form looks like suspect to me. I'm afraid my cc info will end up compromised.

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME *waves hand frantically*

i'll keep checking your posts to find that

I ordered some a few weeks back, and they arrived last weekend. I have no complaints, except that the guy charged me $15 extra to ship 4 games in a tiny box via UPS ground. The actual shipping charge could NOT have been more than $4 TOPS, there was no packing material to speak of, and the box that they came in had been used to ship other things in the past. I'm happy to have these games, and the transaction was fine...but, looking back, I probably could have done better elsewhere....

Edited by tisaperfectdayelise

I really don't understand why they are packing stuff so poorly, and why they charge so much for shipping. Mostly the poor packing. I would think they'd have had a bunch of complaints or comments about it... do they just not care? Do they not realize they're going to get a reputation for it, and not be able to sell the other 1,000,000 carts as quickly? It's bad publicity, I just don't get it.