IGNORED

Demon Souls (Play Asia)

cimerians

Mendon:

Just a few questions.

I just started playing yesterday, me and my gf/wife have charaters. Is it possible to play co-op?

Also, how do you play online? Sorry, but I have no manuals and I will be trying things tonight so I probably should have posted after the fact but I just wanted to know your thoughts so far on online play.

Anyone else play farther into the nexus?

Its a really cool game so far but definitely on the hard side. Its got great atmosphere and I like the graphics.

I do not believe there is any local co-op, only online.... at least none I've read or heard about.

Up to three players can team up to play the game co-op online. One has to be in physical body form and have a Blue Stone. Your team mates will appear as Blue Phantoms and you can take on a level with them.. but only a level that hasn't had its Boss beaten yet. All of you will reap Soul's for teaming up.

PvP is possible when you have a Black Stone. You then will appear in another players domain as a Black Phantom and replace the Boss of that domain. Player must now defeat you instead of the usual Boss to complete that level.

I still have much, much to learn about the game and I die quite frequently.... but I'm getting better. I haven't found a Blue or Black stone yet but have had two other players enter my domain.... both killed me quickly. Black and White world tendencies are still something I'm learning but it seems that while in Soul form the world leans Black, and while in Physical form the world leans White.

Two tips:

Make sure you get the Cling Ring on Lvl 1-1 as it will increase your health in Soul form from 50% to 75%... very, very valuable.

There is a B*I*G difference between blue eyed and red eyed guardians (they look like Knights)... learn the difference quickly along with their attack patterns and you will reap great benefits.

Mendon

Mendon:

Just a few questions.

I just started playing yesterday, me and my gf/wife have charaters. Is it possible to play co-op?

Also, how do you play online? Sorry, but I have no manuals and I will be trying things tonight so I probably should have posted after the fact but I just wanted to know your thoughts so far on online play.

Anyone else play farther into the nexus?

Its a really cool game so far but definitely on the hard side. Its got great atmosphere and I like the graphics.

I do not believe there is any local co-op, only online.... at least none I've read or heard about.

Up to three players can team up to play the game co-op online. One has to be in physical body form and have a Blue Stone. Your team mates will appear as Blue Phantoms and you can take on a level with them.. but only a level that hasn't had its Boss beaten yet. All of you will reap Soul's for teaming up.

PvP is possible when you have a Black Stone. You then will appear in another players domain as a Black Phantom and replace the Boss of that domain. Player must now defeat you instead of the usual Boss to complete that level.

I still have much, much to learn about the game and I die quite frequently.... but I'm getting better. I haven't found a Blue or Black stone yet but have had two other players enter my domain.... both killed me quickly. Black and White world tendencies are still something I'm learning but it seems that while in Soul form the world leans Black, and while in Physical form the world leans White.

Two tips:

Make sure you get the Cling Ring on Lvl 1-1 as it will increase your health in Soul form from 50% to 75%... very, very valuable.

There is a B*I*G difference between blue eyed and red eyed guardians (they look like Knights)... learn the difference quickly along with their attack patterns and you will reap great benefits.

Mendon

Thanks a lot for the info....I'm learning too. Its hard but I keep coming back for more! :P

I missed the Cling Ring on 1-1. I'm thinking about restarting because its insanely hard without it.

I'm playing a Barbarian who starts with no armor. I got killed at one point and lost my souls before getting back to my blood stain so its hard to gather up enough souls to buy something.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has this game yet and has tried it....any luck with your current character?

I've tried:

Barbarian

Royal

Hunter

I've gotten each of these characters to the 2nd boss. It seems Im having the easiest time with the Royal. The Royal is like a Battlemage but comes with a long range spell and a ring which regenerates MP. The Barbarian is the strongest and great for combat but very hard starting out (no armor). The hunter is well balanced and can use ranged weapons but having a hard time with some bosses.