IGNORED

Interest Check: NES / 7800 Controller Conversions

the.golden.ax

That means you would have forty little helpers each doing their step.

Oh, and you would have to pay them enough so they could afford one too. Then the unions would come in, and you would have to pay them enough to afford the gold plated models. I better buy now while you are still in business.

LOL, yeah, and then when when we are done making them, or if for any reason they no longer work for me, I can pay them for the rest of their lives too. Well I have a few helpers. I'm sure the wife, and 10 year old will be on hand to help. Isn't it sad when you dream about a job, and then you wake up and you just wasted your effort doing stuff you can't take with you? Well at least it was a flying dream part of the time, then I was working on controllers. I told you, I like the dye.

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax

Hey, Is it too late to get in on the controllers? I just reistered for this forum a few days ago, and my account just got validated so I can post. Let me know if I can still reserve on or two controllers. I can pay instantly with paypal. If not, could you let me know when they will be on ebay, so I can look for them? Thanks

Hey, Is it too late to get in on the controllers? I just reistered for this forum a few days ago, and my account just got validated so I can post. Let me know if I can still reserve on or two controllers. I can pay instantly with paypal. If not, could you let me know when they will be on ebay, so I can look for them? Thanks

Yes, I will post a link when the auction controllers are listed. It will be around Easter.

AX

It is a waiting game for the moment. I didn't dig what the foil guys were selling, so I'm going to try and make them myself, and can fall back if needed to their goods. Lots of stuff is ordered and confirmed shipped, just a matter of delivery right now. One nice side effect is with having a new digital die cutter I'll be able to offer custom labels to the community for whatever their needs are cut to size and ready to print on. I still feel like we are on target for your Easter baskets, I gave myself plenty of time because I knew that it would be better to be early or on time than late :)

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax

It is a waiting game for the moment. I didn't dig what the foil guys were selling, so I'm going to try and make them myself, and can fall back if needed to their goods. Lots of stuff is ordered and confirmed shipped, just a matter of delivery right now. One nice side effect is with having a new digital die cutter I'll be able to offer custom labels to the community for whatever their needs are cut to size and ready to print on. I still feel like we are on target for your Easter baskets, I gave myself plenty of time because I knew that it would be better to be early or on time than late :)

AX

Thanks Ax! If you have the capabiltiy and time I always enjoy the progress photo's that doubledown does. Maybe I'm wierd but I like to watch the way things are built.

AX

Thanks Ax! If you have the capabiltiy and time I always enjoy the progress photo's that doubledown does. Maybe I'm wierd but I like to watch the way things are built.

I do too, and it will be allot of fun to show and tell. BTW, the bulk NES parts are in today. I won't have a chance to get into them until Thursday. Tuesday is my sons third birthday, and I gotta go toy shopping and cake shopping tonight.

AX

• 2 weeks later...

I appologize for the lack of updates on this. All of the hardware aspects are done, but none of the cooler aspects, like the foils, and dye are finished (because I'm still waiting on delivery) The dye seller was in Canada, and while it was sent out I'm still waiting for it to come in. Since the foils are all being done in house instead of farmed out I had to buy the equipment for doing the job, and have just settled on a material after trying a few samples. Its going to be close, but I think this should still be sent out on the target day of Good Friday April 10th. I plan on lots of photo updates in the next two weeks.

AX

I appologize for the lack of updates on this. All of the hardware aspects are done, but none of the cooler aspects, like the foils, and dye are finished (because I'm still waiting on delivery) The dye seller was in Canada, and while it was sent out I'm still waiting for it to come in. Since the foils are all being done in house instead of farmed out I had to buy the equipment for doing the job, and have just settled on a material after trying a few samples. Its going to be close, but I think this should still be sent out on the target day of Good Friday April 10th. I plan on lots of photo updates in the next two weeks.

AX

I can't wait, what an awesome Easter Gift! Are you going to make boxes for them?

AX

I can't wait, what an awesome Easter Gift! Are you going to make boxes for them?

Yep, red boxes black labels blue text :D I can post some pics of that fairly soon.

AX

I hate to be a bother but you did say:

"Updates:

Weekly progress reports and updates will be posted in this thread with photos and details.

You will be kept 100% in the loop on this project if you stay tuned to this posting."

Anything new to share? I understand if it is delayed but I would like to be kept in the loop. Thanks!

Thanks for the update and the pic's! :cool:

Is the dye sprayed on or are they dipped? It looks as if they were sprayed but I always thought applying dye involved a dipping process. I always wondered how it was done.

Edited by RickO2

Happy Easter. They are done. Sorry that I haven't been on as much as usual. It was a very busy week. When I get my camera back in here I'll post some more pics. These will be heading out the door very soon. I was shooting for Friday or Saturday but there just weren't enough hours in the day to get them sent. I was hoping to announce project complete when they were 'shipped'.

Thanks,

AX