IGNORED

It came! It really came!

moycon

Hehe. It's probably a combination of the worn-out picture tube in my monitor here at work, and the small thumbnail picture, but when I first looked at it, it looked for all the world like a red Xbox with a big frowny face on it. Then I looked closer, and realized it was the controller.

Happy birthday!

-Ian

:( ..... :D

See what I mean? I figured that Microsoft just updated their consoles so that instead of going to the red ring of death, the whole thing just turns red and frowns at you. :D :D :D :D

-Ian

I think they did it so it's harder to tell when you get the RRoD!!!! :lol:

They are pulling their DLC bullshit just like they did with SF IV.

Wa? What do you you mean!?

I agree with you though, I probably wouldn't have paid full price for the game.

I wanted the Jasper unit, and couldn't pass up the red case, the games that came with it were just free gravy. I probably would have waited for a $39.99 or less deal otherwise.

LOL

Yeah I know...I want that unit too and having a different color is cool.

Well, here's the article(s):

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/13/capcom-d...l-5-versus-dlc/

http://blog.wired.com/games/2009/03/capcom-responds.html

Its all over the place. Most sites kind of poke fun at fans who get mad but I really dont care.

Money is important to me, Im not a millionare, seeing them exploit DLC is pretty bad on their part and it sets the stage for more of it from others.

Edited by cimerians

Its all over the place. Most sites kind of poke fun at fans who get mad but I really dont care.

Money is important to me, Im not a millionare, seeing them exploit DLC is pretty bad on their part and it sets the stage for more of it from others.

Well the best thing to do is not support them, if they don't make much $$$ off it and get a bunch of flack over it, they'll stop. As long as the game come with 2 player co-op, I'm happy and wont pay extra to have 4 player. Good Vs. games are a dime a dozen now and RE never came off as a game that would be anything exceptional in Vs. mode.

I actually thought that the PS3 RE Limited Edition, with the Umbrella symbol etched into it, looked better.

But that 360 version is one heck of a deal with $75 worth of free games...... and its much better to get RE5 for free than Kung Fu Panda... :D

Mendon

I actually thought that the PS3 RE Limited Edition, with the Umbrella symbol etched into it, looked better.

Wha? I didn't even know such a thing existed! Where did you see this? I just checked Amazon but couldn't find one.

Wha? I didn't even know such a thing existed! Where did you see this? I just checked Amazon but couldn't find one.

Sorry, Moycon.... I made two error's in my post:

1) I should have included in my statement "The Japan only PS3 RE Limited Edition"

2) Its not an Umbrella logo but a Tricell logo.

I couldn't find the original article I read that talked about the LE console (and also showed it as gun metal grey with black Tricell logo and the word BioHazard emblossed on it... really looked nice and I was tempted to import it) but I did find THIS ARTICLE about it. I'll see if I can find the other article and post it also.

Again, sorry for the missing/incorrect information

Mendon

UPDATE: I just checked NCSX and they are sold out of the PS3 Limited Edition, even at $595!!!! HERE is the link.

They only show a picture of the box, not the console itself, but it appears that its just a black PS3 with the Tricell logo rather than the grey one I read about. Nothing special after all and your 360 is a much, much better deal.

Edited by Mendon

Nice! Congrats. If I was more of a RE fan I would love to get one. The color is awesome. Is it a "Jasper" 360? I would assume so, but you never know.

That it is. You can tell by the power supply that comes with the Jasper units, 150W as opposed to the 175W of the Falcons.

It's certainly quieter than my older models. (Not a hard accomplishment since my old unit sounded like a motorcycle idling) :D

Edited by moycon

Question Moycon: does your new RE5 system allow you to have the HDMI and the component/audio cable plugged in at the same time?

Reason I ask is because I got really PO'd at MS (and fired off a nasty letter to them) when I plugged in an HDMI cable and then couldn't plug in the enclosed component/audio cable (to go to my sound system) because the damn adapter on the component/audio cable was too fat to allow both cables to be plugged into the 360 at the same time. MS response to my letter: purchase their official 360 audio cable for an additional $50! Blow me, MS!!!!

Anyway, just curious if they fixed this situation with the newer consoles or are they still trying to milk customers out of more money?

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

No, they cannot be plugged in at the same time.

??? Sure they can. Even my old Elite (bought at or right near the Elite launch) could do that. Unless I'm misunderstanding what is being asked. By the way Mendon...AWESOME video!! LOL That gives me an idea for a video!