IGNORED

It came! It really came!

moycon

I have the 360 Pro. Its manufacture date was 2007.

On the back, I plug in the component cable that came packaged with the 360 and run it to my sound system for better sound than the TV puts out.

I then attempt to also plug in an HDMI cable while the component cable is there.... and I cannot because the housing on the component cable is so fat that it covers part of the HDMI port.

MS released an audio cable whose housing (that plugs into the 360) is MUCH thinner than the standard component cable housing, thus allowing you to have the HDMI cable AND this new audio cable plugged into the 360 at the same time. The cost of this cable is $49.99 and I don't want to spend another $50, nor do I feel I should have to spend another $50, just to have HDMI and a separate audio cable plugged into the 360 at the same time.

I was curious about consoles newer than my Pro, such as Moycon's RE5 Limited Edition, if MS moved the HDMI port just a tiny little bit, enough to allow you to use the standard MS component/AV cable (to go to my sound system) AND an HDMI cable going to the TV at the same time.

Wish I had a camera to post a picture of the back of my 360 that would show what I am talking about, but hopefully I've explained my question better with this post.

Mendon

I then attempt to also plug in an HDMI cable while the component cable is there.... and I cannot because the housing on the component cable is so fat that it covers part of the HDMI port.

Can't you just take a knife and whittle down the rubbery-plastic connector housing on the cable a bit?

-Ian

Wish I had a camera to post a picture of the back of my 360 that would show what I am talking about, but hopefully I've explained my question better with this post.

Mendon

Oh yes I know exactly what you are talking aboot. The Elites have always came with the thinner cable. I remember Al mentioning this when he got his Pro unit as well. I figured maybe since the Elites at that time were new they were still including the old cables in the box of the Pro's to get rid of them. Apparently that isn't the case. The new 60 GB Pro's don't come with that thinner cable either.

At least MS gives you the HD cables. Imagine my surprise when I paid $499 for my PS3, opened the box and realized NO type of cables other than standard cables came with the thing.

If you want one of these but don't want to spend $49.99, try Amazon, they have 3rd party people selling them new for < $20.

Edited by moycon