IGNORED

nothing new on the atariage site since January 31? Fucking lame. Why?

thursday83

It really leaves much to be desired when the home page hasn't been updated with some sort of news since January 31. How are we to be inspired when there is no new news? Ok, hoping for some new 7800 developments and some new announcements soon, that we can all be excited for....thanks...

Very well said Lucifer. :) Considering how these Atari systems are really antiques ;) (over 25 years old) and the quite substantial time and effort that it takes to release a new Atari game and the fact that people have responsibilities and real lives outside of the videogaming world - some people just have no patience and a rude attitude. :roll:

Albert IS Atariage, mister born on a Thursday in 1983 - give him a break. If you read around here you'll see he's preparing a new release right now!!, asking for doner Super-Chip carts to prepare for "Cave-In" I think, which will use the Atari Super-Chips that have an extra 128 bytes of ram for the cart.

Edited by ovalbugmann

First you may have missed this Pinned topic: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...=136626&hl= I'm sure Albert would love more help looking for exciting news stories.

Second there are folks myself included trying to find relevant news items but sadly when dealing with Vintage tech like this it's not always easy to find.But even that aside this is a very bustling community and there are always good things to read and enjoy when that "View new Posts" button is clicked.

Third thanks for using the horrible language in the thread title.

It really leaves much to be desired when the home page hasn't been updated with some sort of news since January 31. How are we to be inspired when there is no new news? Ok, hoping for some new 7800 developments and some new announcements soon, that we can all be excited for....thanks...

Because he does it for love, not for money ... and has a real life.

Sorry to hear you think it doesn't personally inspire you, leaves much to be desired and is "fucking lame". Feel free to start your own Atari site and keep it up to date.

Personally, I'm amazed at all the effort Albert and the guys have put into making Atariage what it is.

Edited by DracIsBack

That means he never plays video games, has a serious 9 to 5 job in a cubicle, and picks up chicks in bars and has sticky manly-man sex every night because that's what real people with real lives do. All other lifestyles outside of the little box that most people have been programmed to live within are pathetic and must be derided at every opportunity in the hopes that the outboxers will finally conform and climb back into their assigned boxes.

Personally, I'm amazed at all the effort Albert and the guys have put into making Atariage what it is.

Indeed. More effort than "Mr. 40-Posts-To-His-Name" has ever contributed. But you know the old saying: "Those who can't do, teach. And those don't contribute bitch about the lack of contributions."

Edited by Snider-man

Calm yourself :ponder: ;)

"Ask not what AtariAge can do for you, but what can you do for AtariAge." :)

Michael

Haha :D

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4317

That means he never plays video games, has a serious 9 to 5 job in a cubicle, and picks up chicks in bars and has sticky manly-man sex every night because that's what real people with real lives do. All other lifestyles outside of the little box that most people have been programmed to live within are pathetic and must be derided at every opportunity in the hopes that the outboxers will finally conform and climb back into their assigned boxes.

I hereby name this thread : "The Overreaction Thread"

Calm yourself :ponder: ;)

"Ask not what AtariAge can do for you, but what can you do for AtariAge." :)

Michael

Haha :D

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4317

I think I got it wrong. It should have been "... but what you can do for AtariAge." Oh, well, I was in a hurry and I didn't Google first. I should know better by now. ALWAYS GOOGLE FIRST!!!!! (Ahhhhh! To quote Tron, "I feel so much better!" now that I SHOUTED and used five exclamation marks!!!!!)

Michael

Yup Albert made an open call for news submissions. There are a few active projects right now for the various systems. Real news should start flowing again soon.

On another note, it's hard to come up with new stories that haven't been covered already since the late 70's in some form.

My BIGGEST fear is that one day the internet stops working and Atariage is no longer accessible. Let's be thankful for the ridiculous amount of reading material already here in user generated content alone! :roll::)

PS: Albert! How about a limited edition Atariage archive DVD / BluRay set? :D

There is plenty of Atari-related news out there. However, it's fairly time consuming to find news (if I'm not pointed to it by someone), research the topic, write up an appropriate paragraph or two that summarizes the news (I generally won't just copy text from another site), find an image to go along with the news item and crop/resize/adjust as necessary and upload it to the server, proof my text and links it to make sure I didn't screw anything up, post the news to the server, and finally start a new forum topic if one already doesn't exist. You'd be surprised at how long it takes to do this "right" without being sloppy about it. Some items are certainly easier to post than others, such as announcements about repeating publications. But anything unique (which is most news items) does take more time to post.

I did put out a call for people to help submit news postings. Some people have offered, and this did result in a nice burst of news for a bit. Even then, I was still mostly writing all the news postings myself and everything that entails above. That came to a halt the past two months as I've been very busy. Between a move and then a family emergency I haven't had a lot of time to even consider posting news on AtariAge. I'm still working to catch up on various projects, but I do have more time now to post news agian.

Anyone who wants to seriously help contribute news items (and really, there isn't a shortage of news to post), please feel free to contact me.

To the topic starter, your attitude isn't very inspiring.

..Al

Another sad thing is that back in the day you used to be able to find new interesting news regularly updated in NE146's signature as well. Although thursday83, I would check out the webpage on his profile - http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showuser=31, if I were you. Hope you find something more to your tastes there. Good luck with you search and you are very welcome!