IGNORED

My Quadrun Acquisition

Carey85

I am now one of the owners of what seems like a dozen or more Quadrun carts that neonihonsei has sold on ebay in the past year. I ended up getting a relatively nice copy for $167.50, which isn't a horrible price but thenagain I'm a cheap bastard. Also seems to look like one of the nicer copies that he's sold and is presentable enough to find a home in my collection. Here's the link in case anyone missed it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=150333701394

Some of the money I made at MGC last weekend is paying for this, so this is more than a nice trade :D

I had been watching that one as I do all his atari auctions lately. It would be better if he ended them in the evening instead during the middle of a weekday.

I wasn't willing to go that high though because I think this is one of those titles that will be going for a lot less in the next couple of years. When will the shrinkwraped copies start being available?

I had been watching that one as I do all his atari auctions lately. It would be better if he ended them in the evening instead during the middle of a weekday.

I wasn't willing to go that high though because I think this is one of those titles that will be going for a lot less in the next couple of years. When will the shrinkwraped copies start being available?

Ya know, I have been thinking that same thing. ;)

Eh, I was home on a day off yesterday and got a wild hair up my ass and decided that I wanted to buy that copy of Quadrun, as it is the last silver label 2600 cart that I needed save for Asteroids and Hangman. It was a large hole in my collection that needed to be filled, and I somehow feel more complete knowing that it will be in a bin with its Atari Club brethren now... Of course, I will be mad as hell in a couple years when the same cart is selling for $50, but it's a chance I was willing to take.

Don't get me wrong, I was thinking about going close to that for a good copy of that game but I have just put it on the back burner for now. There are a few other games I would rather have in the $100 and over category right now just because I don't see them every one or two months for sale.

I wish I would have bought a couple of his games last year before people knew he was a trusted seller, some of his auctions went really cheap just because of location.

I would like a Quadrun, but I really do wonder how many more are going to be offered in the next year and really wonder about a box or two of new ones turning up in the future.

It's a strange thing, but the fact still remains that only about 10,000 of these were made.

If you believe neonihonsie (which I do) he has lots of connections and searches relentlessly to find rare games. I think this is the curve. I say grab 'em now because eventually they won't be as readily available again.

NTSC Glacier Patrol and Universal Chaos were easy to get a few years back too, and you could get them nice and cheap.

Try now!

It's a strange thing, but the fact still remains that only about 10,000 of these were made.

Yeah but 10,000 is still quite a few, do you think there are 10,000 atari collectors? I always thought Quadruns rarity, at least loose, was over rated. I think there are many R9 games that had a lot smaller of a production run.

Yeah but 10,000 is still quite a few, do you think there are 10,000 atari collectors? I always thought Quadruns rarity, at least loose, was over rated. I think there are many R9 games that had a lot smaller of a production run.

I agree that 10,000 is a pretty good number compared to some other releases but this has been a hard game to find for some time, just seems it has gotten easier. Who knows for how long though? With an original run of that much I do kinda question the rarity rating.

To Homer, how much would a shrinkwrapped Motorodeo have gone for 7 years ago?.......

Can you believe this was a $500 game 7 years ago?

If the Atari movie is released I wouldn't be surprised if Quadrun loose sold for more than $500. It could bring a huge amount of new collectors into the hobby. You might get rich selling your Atlantis II after the movie is released.

At the moment I see this as fools gold rather than reality. Who knows I could be wrong, but I don't see Quadrun's becoming $500 games again after this movie, or collections tripling in price. 6 words. Donkey Kong Fist Full of Quarters. This was one of the better documentaries out there. I really thought that a loose Donkey Kong game would double in price because of the movie. Wrong!!! Remember the Lexus Commercial with the kid playing the Atari 2600 during Christmas. Did that raise the price of Atari 2600 games? Nope it did not. There is a very strong mind set that keeps prices down in this hobby, and I don't think even a 100 million dollar box office movie could change this mind set.

Most people in the hobby see no future for the hobby. Most think it will go extinct when they die. Most NES collectors where the hobby has taken off could care less about anything before the NES. To them this is when Video Games truly started. When I came into this hobby the Atari 2600 was king of video game collecting.

Not any more. The most expensive game in the last two weeks was Video Jogger for $181. I made a comparison to the NES games and found that this would of ranked 48th for prices realized for the NES in the past two weeks, and 8th place for prices realized for the SNES games in the past two weeks. The Atari keeps on falling year, after year, after year while other systems keep climbing the ladder. 4 years ago Air Raid loose would go for $3,300, Pepsi Invaders loose would go for $1,500 and up. Those days are gone. In the beggining I was an investor looking to cash in years down the road. The stark realities of what has happened to this market have made me more and more of a collector every single day.

If I truly was a speculator I would of left the Atari bandwagon along with a third of the hobby who turned their backs on this system and their childhood to go on the NES bandwagon. It would be cool to see some interest come back to the hobby, but the reality is nothing is going to change anytime soon. Not even a blockbuster movie with Dicaprio is going to change that. I like to be proved wrong. Honestly I would, but I just don't see it happening.

Edited by homerwannabee

... At the moment I see this as fools gold rather than reality. ...

I think it will skip a generation or two.... those of us who actually played it when it was new will die and the hobby will die off a bit, but then 50-100 years from now, Atari will be like finding a Tiffany vase is today... some are good, some are bad, but everyone knows what a classic is....

later!

... At the moment I see this as fools gold rather than reality. ...

I think it will skip a generation or two.... those of us who actually played it when it was new will die and the hobby will die off a bit, but then 50-100 years from now, Atari will be like finding a Tiffany vase is today... some are good, some are bad, but everyone knows what a classic is....

later!

I would be amazed if these games still work in 100 years :ponder:

Before i listed this Quadrun i thought of selling it BIN with best offer option for 300 usd ...

Many people are scared about that price but i am sure that eventually one person could buy it ... but i opted for selling it in auction.

I still think that a cart is valued in 300 usd ... but not many people are willing to pay that much.

I will only list one more quadrun this year, one with a very poor label and keep the rest for a few years.

Thanks a lot for the purchase Mr Carey85, i shipped the game today, i couldn't on saturday :D

Just to let everyone know, I got the cart in the mail today and it came exactly as pictured and described. I couldn't be happier with it, and I actually took the time to learn how to play the damned game finally.