IGNORED

Any reason why this is $1k?

dommie

That seller is always overpriced. He also has a couple pong units up for $2800.

Eh, maybe if the cabinets were really nice I could see paying $1k for a pong arcade machine. But almost $3k is ridiculous.

They are not the arcade version, just various Atari/Sears home pong systems

Edited by Wickeycolumbus

Eh, maybe if the cabinets were really nice I could see paying $1k for a pong arcade machine. But almost $3k is ridiculous.

:-o You're shitting me!?! If this guy had an arcade pong what do you think he would charge? $1.2m?? Somebody needs to drive over to his house and give him a great big slap.

:-o You're shitting me!?! If this guy had an arcade pong what do you think he would charge? $1.2m?? Somebody needs to drive over to his house and give him a great big slap.

Yea, he is pretty crazy. They have been up there for years... you would think he'd get the idea by now :ponder:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ME:B:EF:US:1123

I understand it's complete in box, but as best as I can tell it's just a heavy-6 with 9 common games. Am I missing something? I was thinking $100 most.

Just because someone has an asking price, does not mean it's worth that.

100% correct :)

Dick sells a lot of stuff. All it takes is one buyer.

He is 68 years old and still is selling a lot of stuff. You might not like his prices but he is a nice guy.

Sith Lord Dick and his apprentice Darth McGrail? :P

Edited by Shawn Sr.

He is 68 years old and still is selling a lot of stuff. You might not like his prices but he is a nice guy.

LMFAO, but he is right. He just sold a $100 pong for $225. It only takes one. :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATARI-SUPER-PONG-C140-...1QQcmdZViewItem

LMFAO, but he is right. He just sold a $100 pong for $225. It only takes one. :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATARI-SUPER-PONG-C140-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is what cracks me up, in the QA for the pong unit we find this:

Q: I have an identical Super Pong system. Would you be interested in purchasing from me? Jan-25-09

A: I do not buy off line. List it and I will bid.

Translation:

Q: Would you buy my pong unit for the (ridiculously high) price you are listing yours for?

A: I do not pay such exorbitant prices myself. List yours as an auction so I can pay a lower (reasonable) price while I list mine with a high BIN in the hopes someone buys it without shopping around.

I understand it's complete in box, but as best as I can tell it's just a heavy-6 with 9 common games. Am I missing something? I was thinking $100 most.

because it has "STELLA AT 20" in this lot.i wish i had an extra 1k to spend right now.

He has another listing right now (item 370153075601) which is very similar but without the system box, for $650 BIN. It also has a Stella at 20 videotape.

I'd be willing to bet you could find someone to sell you a S@20 videotape a lot cheaper than that though.

Boy , 1,000 dollars for an atari, Please dont make me bid,hold me back, But ya know, it does have the box though, there should be a test people have to take before they sell and buy on ebay.

you dont know how true that statement is!!!!!!!!!

It's nice that all the original stuff is there. The CX-10s even have hex disks (though those could be reproductions). But it's missing one of the most expensive parts to make it an everything-from-launch-day set... the 61 Basic Math box. (Wouldn't be $1K with it, either.)