IGNORED

Atari 7800 Space invaders

AdeptRapier

Ten? Nah, fifty I believe. I think it's not made the store due to the usual "issues"...

Issues?

Licensing and copyright. You think Taito have received any money for this?

What about some of the others like the 2600 "Arcade" carts or Astro Invader for the ColecoVision?

Has anyone ever actually successfully ordered from Good Deal Games?

'Cuz I've tried twice and never received any response from them.

Ive ordered from them a couple times in the past an never had an issue!Just put an order in this weekend and was told my items will ship first thing this morning!

Ten? Nah, fifty I believe. I think it's not made the store due to the usual "issues"...

Issues?

Why did you order from Pacman Plus (aka Robert DeCrescenzo) for Jr. Pac-man than? I think Namco didn't received any from Pac-man Plus for selling Jr. Pac-man either.

It seems Good Deal games got the okay from Pac-man Plus to sell Space Invaders, Super Pac-man and other homebrew games he did. If there is a violation, Pac-man Plus (aka Robert DeCrescenzo) would be in trouble with Taito also with Space Invaders besides good deal games.

Good deal game interviewed Pac-man Plus a couple months ago. There could be a business relationship between Good Deal games and Pac-man Plus as a result.

I know Pac-man Plus wanted the Atariage store to sell his new games, but it hasn't happen yet. I am guessing his games are being sold at Good Deal Games because he couldn't wait.

Issues?

What about some of the others like the 2600 "Arcade" carts or Astro Invader for the ColecoVision?

Why didn't you question the Atariage Store having 2600 "arcade" Carts also?

What happened is Good Deal games got an agreement with some homebrew authors to sell homebrew games for different systems including homebrew arcade ports.

There are copyright problems, but the authors of the games trouble besides the stores that sell homebrew arcade games.

That means authors selling the games including retroillucid, and Pac-man Plus would be in trouble as much Good Deal Games, Opcade games, Atariage store are.

Why didn't you question the Atariage Store having 2600 "arcade" Carts also?

I don't know if you had a typo in the response although I did not specifically say the Atari Age store. I thought it was a given.

Anyway, what if whomever owns the rights to Space Invaders orders a cease and desist? I suppose that puts a major dent in the home brew scene.

Anyway, what if whomever owns the rights to Space Invaders orders a cease and desist? I suppose that puts a major dent in the home brew scene.

You can have the "look and feel" of Space Invaders it just can't be called that. If you changed the name, sprites, scoring and sounds then it should be OK.

You can have the "look and feel" of Space Invaders it just can't be called that. If you changed the name, sprites, scoring and sounds then it should be OK.

So Space Invaders Arcade would have to be renamed "Invaders from Space"?

• 3 weeks later...
Just wanna say that I got mine (and Super Pac Man) from GDG and they're both fantastic.

I'm grateful that there are still geeks like me who refuse to grow up and throw away their Ataris

Geeks don't grow up. We were as mature as we needed to be when we were reading Marx in grade 8, or programming computers in grade 6, or whatever. Thus, we got to stand still in our fully realized adult form while the people around us were still trying to learn to spell.

Just wanna say that I got mine (and Super Pac Man) from GDG and they're both fantastic.

I'm grateful that there are still geeks like me who refuse to grow up and throw away their Ataris

Geeks don't grow up. We were as mature as we needed to be when we were reading Marx in grade 8, or programming computers in grade 6, or whatever. Thus, we got to stand still in our fully realized adult form while the people around us were still trying to learn to spell.

If I could start over I would have learned programming first and then got my degree in electrical engineering. I enjoy working in IT Infrastructure and Security but I would have liked to contribute to the community by programming arcade ports for the various classic consoles. I don't have what it takes anymore mentally or financially to sit through classes at a community college to learn this stuff. Like most people, I'm too burned out for it and have too much other stuff to do that's not IT related and that's a welcome departure.

I would make a heck of a beta tester if folks want to give me a chance.

• 6 years later...