IGNORED

Who owns a Stunt Cycle or Atari Video Pinball console?

tremoloman2006

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a Stunt Cycle.

When I traded something for it (I forgot) to Nick, we stayed up one night and played it.

We played the first variation of it, and I kept on trying to beat it.

We got to 22 busses one time and I messed up, and I had to know what its like at the end of the tunnel.

I got to about 27 busses, and did a full throttle jump, It cleared the entire stack, then suddenly the entire screen just covered in busses and a nice ERRRRRRRRRRR sound coming from the unit. It was my first "kill screen" ever, lol.

I still have it, works like a champ. Also has pong variations on it, I believe I have a Sears Stunt Cycle.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a brand new near mint box for video pinball...but nothing inside of it to play...

How much and is it worth it should I pay to get one for my nice looking box?

Depending on the price, I may be interested in buying the box from you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I am now the owner of an Atari Video Pinball dedicated system. But I can't figure out the pinball, only the breakout. Does someone have a manual they could scan for me?

I have no way to scan, but you use the side buttons as the flippers on the pinball variations. :)

I am now the owner of an Atari Video Pinball dedicated system. But I can't figure out the pinball, only the breakout. Does someone have a manual they could scan for me?

I have no way to scan, but you use the side buttons as the flippers on the pinball variations. :)

and the side buttons can also be used to bounce the ball higher in the Rebound variation. I got the cream one and I'm loving it. I like how the pinball can be played with both flippers and paddles. Also, the breakout is great, but it still uses fixed angles and has only two rounds.

• 1 month later...

Just got a beat up white c-380.

Took it apart, sprayed all the buttons with cleaner. I washed the case in the sink with a sponge and toothbrush. Had to replace the speaker.....

It works and looks great now, but I have a question.

Do the the side and serve buttons seem to get stuck easily?

My side buttons dont really get stuck but they seem to jam sometimes when i try to press them.

My serve button easily gets stuck in the down position.

Looking at them I can't tell what I can do to improve the performance of these buttons....

I put springs behind the buttons of my white c-380 and the buttons are a lot better.

However am I missing something????..... I downloaded the manual that looks like it is for the woodgrain c-380 and it has a variation of breakout called break through.....

My white c-380 doesn't seem to have break through. Is that normal?

Edited by Official Ninja

I put springs behind the buttons of my white c-380 and the buttons are a lot better.

However am I missing something????..... I downloaded the manual that looks like it is for the woodgrain c-380 and it has a variation of breakout called break through.....

It's normal. It has a one basket variation of Rebound instead. Breakthru isn't like the 2600 one where the ball keeps going when it hits the blocks. Instead, it's just like Breakout, but with the middle blocks in the wall removed.

It's normal. It has a one basket variation of Rebound instead. Breakthru isn't like the 2600 one where the ball keeps going when it hits the blocks. Instead, it's just like Breakout, but with the middle blocks in the wall removed.

Thanks. I really enjoy this c-380. The paddle games are really good because the paddle seems to be much more responsive than the 2600 paddles. I always thought the 2600 paddles felt like they have a little lag to them.

Only problem I am having is my right pinball button. The 1st time I use the unit every day I have to really slap the right button to get it to respond. After that it works fine for the play session.

The buttons look the same as the ones in 2600 paddles. Going to see if I can replace it with one of those.

Recently bought a Sears Video Pinball here in the marketplace. Great little console and I like the looks of it much better than the Atari version. I play it maybe once or twice a month.

-edit-

Wow, great Stunt Cycle find and nice to see you have a Stern Stars Mike! One of my all time favorite machines :)

• 4 weeks later...

My CIB Sears Telegames Pinball Breakaway arrived today. I friggin' love it. I should have purchased one of these years ago. I only paid $24 for it, including shipping. This must be one of those "under the radar" systems!

I like the variety of the games on this machine. The pinball games won't scratch an itch for real pinball, but they serve their purpose, and can get pretty exciting. The Pinpaddle games are a novel idea, but are much more difficult to play, imo; you lose the "floor" that the flipper games have, so you have extra area to cover, and when the ball starts bouncing around between the bottom targets (especially in Pinpaddle II) and your paddle, you have virtually no time to react. My scores on the Pinball games (with flippers) are MUCH higher than the Pinpaddle games (think pinball meets Breakout). Basketball is kind of tricky too, but it's interesting. I'll like it more when I get better at it. :D And Breakout (and Breakthru) is Breakout...not much else needs to be said there. It's a very good version of Breakout, if not as colorful as the VCS version.

:)

• 1 month later...