IGNORED

Crossword Puzzle Generator?

Cybernoid

Does any remember this program? I used to have a program for the 8-bit that would generate crossword puzzles. I cannot remember if it was in Basic or not. All I do remember is that you gave it a list of words and it generated a crossword puzzle for you. I cannot find it and I cannot remember what it was called.

I used it to complete some homework assignments in 8th grade...

Thx,

C

I remember one executable (It wasn't Basic) crossword Generator or something similar. It was done at classical text screen (dark blue background) with Atascii the borders of them. I'll try to search at home in my old tapes.

That sounds about right. I don't remember it being that fancy, but a plain screen with some ATASCII chars and a way to print it out.

Crossword Magic from Softsmith does that.

Bob

I remember one executable (It wasn't Basic) crossword Generator or something similar. It was done at classical text screen (dark blue background) with Atascii the borders of them. I'll try to search at home in my old tapes.

That sounds about right. I don't remember it being that fancy, but a plain screen with some ATASCII chars and a way to print it out.

Well,

afaik I have several crosswords (and crossword generators) in my collection, but for the moment I only found Crostics. Since I do not have a category or genre for crosswords, I need some more input, like e.g. the name of the program or the name+number of the magazine (or PD library) it appeared in...

Maybe I will use XDIR and search in the Bellcom and HAPS PD library (and other PD libraries like Page 6, LACE, SPACE, etc.) tomorrow and see what I can find for you, unless someone else is faster and uploads what you are searching. For now, attached you find Crostics... -Andreas Koch.

P.S.: a quick search at atarimania shows the following entries: http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft.php?MEN...n_sauver=Search and here is Crossword Magic at Fandal`s site: http://www.atari.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=3890

Edited by CharlieChaplin

Thanks everyone! I think that it may have been crossword magic, but I cannot get a good printout. Now I wish that I had not thrown out my Star SG-10 printer.

I'll have to try and see if the APE virtual Epson printer works well with this... hmmm, I bet I have some old printouts from 8 grade somewhere to compare... :)

I would like to see other Crossword programs.

• 2 months later...

Well,

here is "Crossword Generator" by Mike Bryant for the legend 880 (whatever that is). Attached both the *.XEX (compiled Basic) and *.TXT (short doc) files... Greetings, Andreas Koch.

P.S.: Just tested it on the emulator and it did not work - it gave me an error 130 shortly after startup (I guess it was trying to find a printer that was not there)...