IGNORED

What is the history behind the Lynx AvP programming?

Tom-Lynx

This is a question I've been thinking about for some time....thought someone out there might know the history behind the prototype version of the Lynx AvP (Alien vs Predator) game. I know it was never completed and the couple true prototypes are worth a lot, and that the reproductions are now easily available.

However, my question is around WHO started this game originally and WHEN?

The Lynx hardware was discontinued in 1994, and the last new game to come from Atari in 1995 was Super Asteroids & Missile Command (don't slam me if I'm wrong).

Alien vs. Predator for the PC was published in 1999, and the movie didn't hit the theaters until 2004.

It seems like the whole AvP phenomenon came too late to ever be part of the Lynx culture.

Did someone at Atari really start working on it prior to 1995 and they just found the prototypes years later? It's too bad the game was never finished.

Thanks.

Tom

Now you surprise me! :D You are forgetting Avp for Jaguar which came in 1994, and being one of the few critically acclaimed titles for the system.

AvP had been a popular comic-book-series in the early 90ies, I think that was the start of the whole AvP idea. And even prior to the Jaguar game there wereAvP-games for Arcade and SNES.

So it is no miracle that Atari considered releasing a Lynx-version as well.