IGNORED

Modding and Repair Services

Platinumfungi

Have you actualy done an Odyssey2 composite video mod? I have heard mixed results from people that have done some of the instructions you can find online. Thanks.

Yes :) Everything seems to work just fine with the method I use. What issues have you heard people talk about?

EDIT: Although no screen shots, I do have some images of the installation on my GTZ link.

Edited by Kaze

Do you do any trades?

I have 3 Colecovision systems and 5 or so controllers. Would you take them all in trade for returning one souped up Colecovision and set of controllers?

I do accept trades sometimes, yes :) I'll send you a PM and we can talk about possible details.

Have you actualy done an Odyssey2 composite video mod? I have heard mixed results from people that have done some of the instructions you can find online. Thanks.

Yes :) Everything seems to work just fine with the method I use. What issues have you heard people talk about?

EDIT: Although no screen shots, I do have some images of the installation on my GTZ link.

I have heard the brightness is sometimes a problem. Once the mod is done it might be too dark. I know others have worked around the problem but I haven't seen the results.

I have a PAL SNES.

Can you change the Power LED to a black light LED, colour the console pink (don't touch the logos), put black light LEDs in the cartridge slot & controller ports, edit the motherboard so that I can play American & Japanese games without damaging the console over time?

I would also like an S-Video socket somewhere at the back (or side, not too bothered) have speakers & a bass box built into/onto it, a small, flat screen monitor sticking out of it which shows what ever the console is sending the TV & the inside of the console to be sprayed with blue glow in the dark paint. Also, please ensure that any SNES add-ons can still fit at the bottom.

I don't care if the console has to have a 3 inch taller case, you could try making a transparent cover extender so there's a big gap inside for extra room. How much would this all cost?

Nintendo_SNES_02.jpg

Edited by GOTHCLAWZ

I have a PAL SNES.

Can you change the Power LED to a black light LED, colour the console pink (don't touch the logos), put black light LEDs in the cartridge slot & controller ports, edit the motherboard so that I can play American & Japanese games without damaging the console over time?

I would also like an S-Video socket somewhere at the back (or side, not too bothered) have speakers & a bass box built into/onto it, a small, flat screen monitor sticking out of it which shows what ever the console is sending the TV & the inside of the console to be sprayed with blue glow in the dark paint. Also, please ensure that any SNES add-ons can still fit at the bottom.

I don't care if the console has to have a 3 inch taller case, you could try making a transparent cover extender so there's a big gap inside for extra room. How much would this all cost?

Nintendo_SNES_02.jpg

Okay, I want to know why. The cart slot LEDs could only be on if the console is on, so you wouldn't even see them. The only way to play american games on your SNES is widening the cart slot, with a file, which you seem to not want. I think japanese game fit in the PAL SNES anyway, so whats the point? The only mods for the mobo that are useful are 50/60hz, and disabling the lockout chip for what I think is seven games that won't play if it's in your region. If the all the sound was contained within the SNES, do you think it would sound nice? It would be muffled, and be out classed by your TV, and probably not fit so well. You can use a gamecubes AV cords, so s-video already exists for the SNES. I guess I'm just wondering why........

Okay, I want to know why. The cart slot LEDs could only be on if the console is on, so you wouldn't even see them.

Lmao, didn't think of that!

The only way to play american games on your SNES is widening the cart slot, with a file, which you seem to not want. I think japanese game fit in the PAL SNES anyway, so whats the point?

I heard that the differences in electricity can cause damages.

The only mods for the mobo that are useful are 50/60hz, and disabling the lockout chip for what I think is seven games that won't play if it's in your region.

True, & having that would be awesome.

If the all the sound was contained within the SNES, do you think it would sound nice? It would be muffled, and be out classed by your TV, and probably not fit so well.

I mentioned having the cover extended upwards if needed, the speakers where supposed to play on the outside, not inside.

You can use a gamecubes AV cords, so s-video already exists for the SNES. I guess I'm just wondering why........

I do use the SNES SCART, but I heard that S-Video has even better quality.

Okay, I want to know why. The cart slot LEDs could only be on if the console is on, so you wouldn't even see them.

Lmao, didn't think of that!

The only way to play american games on your SNES is widening the cart slot, with a file, which you seem to not want. I think japanese game fit in the PAL SNES anyway, so whats the point?

I heard that the differences in electricity can cause damages.

The only mods for the mobo that are useful are 50/60hz, and disabling the lockout chip for what I think is seven games that won't play if it's in your region.

True, & having that would be awesome.

If the all the sound was contained within the SNES, do you think it would sound nice? It would be muffled, and be out classed by your TV, and probably not fit so well.

I mentioned having the cover extended upwards if needed, the speakers where supposed to play on the outside, not inside.

You can use a gamecubes AV cords, so s-video already exists for the SNES. I guess I'm just wondering why........

I do use the SNES SCART, but I heard that S-Video has even better quality.

Well, the voltages don't even come into play with the carts. That would be if you were trying to use foreign hardware, and you would need a step down converter. Carts don't care about volts. I don't know how he would extend upwards, would be cool though, I can imagine extending the screw posts would be annoying. Also, RGB scart is the best signal you can possibly get, s-video is terrible in comparison. I was saying, gamecube cables exist with s-video on them, and you could just use those. Have fun though, sounds like a pimp daddy SNES :D

Well, the voltages don't even come into play with the carts. That would be if you were trying to use foreign hardware, and you would need a step down converter. Carts don't care about volts. I don't know how he would extend upwards, would be cool though, I can imagine extending the screw posts would be annoying.

So is it true that it could damage something if I put an American game in my PAL SNES?

Also, RGB scart is the best signal you can possibly get, s-video is terrible in comparison. I was saying, gamecube cables exist with s-video on them, and you could just use those.

Ooh, didn't know that.

Have fun though, sounds like a pimp daddy SNES :D

That is the idea! I was actually thinking about swapping the covers over on my SNES & Sega Genesis (my actual console in pic).

127752_Picture_133.jpg

GOTHCLAWZ - Wow, sounds like quite a SNES mod :cool:

As Spazmonkey mentioned you'd be better off with RGB over S-Video, so you'd probably want to pass on that option. As per the rest...

Things I could easily do right now:

- Swap the Power LED for a UV/black light LED

- UV LEDs in the cart slot/controller ports/other areas

- Modify the console to play multi region games

It would be possible to add speakers/audio to the console, but I'd have to do some digging to find suitable components and come up with a plan for installation, etc. It would take me a little while to do the necessary research.

Paint jobs are possible, but I'm not actively listing it as an option as I have to rent out space at a local shop and it's unfortunately not cheap. Also, masking those logos would be a nightmare... So I'm not sure I'd be your painting guru at the moment.

As per this - "flat screen monitor sticking out of it which shows what ever the console is sending the TV" do you mean a small display showing if it's running in 50/60Hz?

And this - "& the inside of the console to be sprayed with blue glow in the dark paint." I'm not sure how you'd be able to see it unless there was a window cut in the case etc... Or was that if the console had the extension/height addition you mentioned?

GOTHCLAWZ - Wow, sounds like quite a SNES mod :cool:

As Spazmonkey mentioned you'd be better off with RGB over S-Video, so you'd probably want to pass on that option. As per the rest...

Okay, I'll stick with the RGB.

Things I could easily do right now:

- Swap the Power LED for a UV/black light LED

- UV LEDs in the cart slot/controller ports/other areas

- Modify the console to play multi region games

Sounds good as long as it doesn't damage anything.

It would be possible to add speakers/audio to the console, but I'd have to do some digging to find suitable components and come up with a plan for installation, etc. It would take me a little while to do the necessary research.

Well, it's not vital.

Paint jobs are possible, but I'm not actively listing it as an option as I have to rent out space at a local shop and it's unfortunately not cheap. Also, masking those logos would be a nightmare... So I'm not sure I'd be your painting guru at the moment.

So sticking paper over the logo during the spray won't work?

As per this - "flat screen monitor sticking out of it which shows what ever the console is sending the TV" do you mean a small display showing if it's running in 50/60Hz?

Yes, same resolution as the SNES games, the monitor could go by the extention area.

And this - "& the inside of the console to be sprayed with blue glow in the dark paint." I'm not sure how you'd be able to see it unless there was a window cut in the case etc... Or was that if the console had the extension/height addition you mentioned?

Yeah, the extended bit to be transparent. The circuits won't be exposed to much light where I store it, so the small amount of light that does get in could still make it glow.

I'm getting alot of money starting from the 29th of May, how much could this all cost?

Also, you may need to remake the tabs for the cartridge slot due to the extra size of the American games, but that's cool. I know someone said earlier that you couldn't see the LED if the cartridge is in the system, but it would light up the game through the gaps (maybe more so if the flaps where transparent).

Edited by GOTHCLAWZ