IGNORED

Lego Indy

moycon

Ok I got the Lego Indiana Jones game free and even though I thought the demo was pretty crappy (The control sucked I thought to much jumping and too easy to misjudge the crappy 3-D world) I figured I'd play through it anyways if only to be done with it. Wow this game sucks ass. The control really is horrid. So many cheap deaths I can't count, and the puzzles are beyond confusing. I've had to look up what the f#^% to do next about a dozen times because the game offers zero clues. Don't get me wrong, the game looks great, and some of the puzzles are clever, but for the most part. It's really one of the worst gaming experiences I've had in a long time.

The problem with it is, unlike Star Wars and Batman, there are only a couple of characters that you actually want to play. I mean, besides Indy and his Dad, who are you going to kick ass as, Marcus? Thulsa Doom is the only other cool one.

Pluse the levels are boring. I got mine as a pack in with my latest 360. Played it for an hour and said 'meh'

The other lego games were better, but still kind of ... boring.

The problem with it is, unlike Star Wars and Batman, there are only a couple of characters that you actually want to play.

I thought is was a shit level designs that could kill you for no reason. No lie I've just been running along a platform and died. i though maybe stuff was falling from the sky, but nope. I just died because I stepped in the wrong place I guess or the UBER confusing tasks needed to be done to move on, but now that you mention it...you're right. I've unlocked like 40 characters and I could care less to play with them. Monkey Man? Please. One more reason to dis this game. Thanks Lord Thag.

Edited by moycon

Well, I have never actually played LEGO Indy but I also got it free with my 360 2 months ago, and I watched my 2 kids play it. It was fun to watch them play it, if only to see how Traveller's Tales interpreted the films into the game. I don't really love any of the LEGO games , I played Original Trilogy Star Wars the most, then I played on Wii LEGO Batman the 2nd most, and I really can't see any substantial pros/cons between the three.

We also got Kung Fu Panda free and NOBODY wants to play that.

We also got Kung Fu Panda free and NOBODY wants to play that.

I got the same deal and already played through the Panda game. It was more enjoyable than Indiana Jones!! LOL

(That's not saying much I know)

I agree. Lego Indy was terrible (only played first level) but I actually enjoyed Kung Fu Panda. It's pretty fun in a "kiddified" beat-em-up sort of way.

My wife and me played it start to finish in coop and we had a lot of fun with it. We never had to look up any puzzle solutions either, in fact I don't even think there actually were much of them. Basically you just have to trigger all the yellow spotlit points with the fitting character and carry all other things over to the white arrows, so really, which puzzles?

We also died a lot, but well, you have unlimited lifes anyway :)

My wife and me played it start to finish in coop and we had a lot of fun with it. We never had to look up any puzzle solutions either, in fact I don't even think there actually were much of them. Basically you just have to trigger all the yellow spotlit points with the fitting character and carry all other things over to the white arrows, so really, which puzzles?

Hmmmm I guess you're right, you have plenty of lives to explore and try stuff. I dunno. There was like a bunch of times I literally did not know what to do next just to move on. Like for instance the rope bridge at the end of T.O.D. How the %#^$ did you figure that out? Trying to cross the rat water on the first Grail level (The Grail levels were the worst) I died like 5 times (then looked it up and realized I was doing it right, just keep trying...ugh), I can't even remember now how I got across now. Getting the one relic across the rotating pillars on Well of Souls level (again I was doing it right, it's just freakin hard). What about the motor cycle levels?? Trying to make some of those awesome pseudo 3-D jumps? Agh terrible. The game just seemed sloppy to me and made me mad playing it for some reason. I don't like games where you take a step and then die. Re-spawn try and take a step, and die. It's not fun, I don't care how many lives you have.

Now that I have made it through the game and I can just explore (and like you say have unlimited lives) it's a bit better on free play. A far cry from Lego Star Wars though. Just too many cheap deaths for my tastes I guess and yeah confusing. I can't name every time, but I had to look up what to do more than I care to count. Just seemed rushed I guess.

BTW : I'm still playing it! LOL I'll be damn if I'll let a game kick my ass.

Edited by moycon

Hmmmm I guess you're right, you have plenty of lives to explore and try stuff. I dunno. There was like a bunch of times I literally did not know what to do next just to move on.

I remember a few such places, but we ususally figured things after a while. Most of the times we just overlocked a spotlight place. I think the hardest bit for us was the boss fight around the giant plane, where we didn't realize that you can fire the guns of the plane.

Like for instance the rope bridge at the end of T.O.D. How the %#^$ did you figure that out?

It took me a while to remember. You probably mean cutting the ropes by throwing knifes at them? That was the first thing I tried, I swear ;)

Trying to cross the rat water on the first Grail level (The Grail levels were the worst) I died like 5 times (then looked it up and realized I was doing it right, just keep trying...ugh), I can't even remember now how I got across now. Getting the one relic across the rotating pillars on Well of Souls level (again I was doing it right, it's just freakin hard). What about the motor cycle levels?? Trying to make some of those awesome pseudo 3-D jumps? Agh terrible. The game just seemed sloppy to me and made me mad playing it for some reason.

I remember my wifes cursing during some of those parts, but I'm pretty good at this stuff. I often told her where to jump from and in which direction :lol:

I don't like games where you take a step and then die. Re-spawn try and take a step, and die. It's not fun, I don't care how many lives you have.

I'm usually like that as well, but I felt it's just the nature of the game and stopped worrying. Same with collecting everything. After a while I just stopped caring and began to enjoy the game ;)

A far cry from Lego Star Wars though. Just too many cheap deaths for my tastes I guess and yeah confusing. I can't name every time, but I had to look up what to do more than I care to count. Just seemed rushed I guess.

I never played Star Wars or Batman. I wasn't expecting anything either, I mean Lego or licensed games are usually bad enough, and there comes a licensed Lego game? :lol:

I also thought the demo for this was awful and wondered why anyone would want to play through this movie. Sounds like I made the right call. The Batman demo was fun and I figured it was probably a good game.

I enjoyed playing the Lego Star Wars original trilogy game at my brother's house. The Batman demo seemed pretty cool too.

It took me a while to remember. You probably mean cutting the ropes by throwing knifes at them? That was the first thing I tried, I swear ;)

No...That's just it. I knew you had to cut the ropes and it was obvious you needed the sword. I was able to cut one...but after that I didn't get the option to cut anymore. Wave after wave of bad guys would come, I'd kill them, then Mola would come and either I'd hit him and he jump away or he'd pull my heart out until I died. This went on for like a dozen deaths. I finally went to an online forum and found this tid-bit that helped. You have to wait till Mola grabs the chest of a character, then switch to anther player, and hit him it order to damage him. Hu? Basically killing all his men then punching him when he came out wasn't enough. Just seemed stupid since you don't have to do that in any other part of the game, and it never mentions needing to tag team anywhere.

No...That's just it. I knew you had to cut the ropes and it was obvious you needed the sword. I was able to cut one...but after that I didn't get the option to cut anymore. Wave after wave of bad guys would come, I'd kill them, then Mola would come and either I'd hit him and he jump away or he'd pull my heart out until I died. This went on for like a dozen deaths. I finally went to an online forum and found this tid-bit that helped. You have to wait till Mola grabs the chest of a character, then switch to anther player, and hit him it order to damage him. Hu? Basically killing all his men then punching him when he came out wasn't enough. Just seemed stupid since you don't have to do that in any other part of the game, and it never mentions needing to tag team anywhere.

Hm... I honestly don't remember anything of that. We were probably just button mashing until we had killed everything ;)

I watched my sons play that rope bridge level and they beat it with no greater dificulty than any other stage. I agree with the common synopsis that LEGO indy is the weaker than LEGO Star Wars but ... it still has the scenes, the musical theme, and the humorous re-take on scenes. Fun game.

I have to ask, what were you naysayers expecting with this game that it didn't deliver on? Because of the kiddy LEGO looks, maybe you think it should be easy, a walk-through with no challenge? The challenge with these LEGO games is figuring out the puzzles and sometimes (especially with the vehicles I think) a stage will demand that your action skills are good too. But its still a walk-thru because you never die and have to continue, restarting the whole level like countless old 8-bit and 16-bit games.

LEGO Batman has some puzzles which frustrated me for a while too, so don't think its just Indy Jones that suffers (benefits?) from it. I found that I was the one at fault though - I was just not thinking clearly (the solution was usually pretty obvious once I knew it) or I didn't play the game enough to know its "rules".

I have to ask, what were you naysayers expecting with this game that it didn't deliver on?

Just seemed sloppy. Like I said, more than once I would just be walking or jumping around trying to do stuff and just die. Don't ask me why, one time I was trying to jump to a ledge with Willy in the air hanger level, I could make the jump no probably, however I guess since I was supposed to use Short Round and take the little door every time I'd jump up there, I'd die for no reason, (I tried like 3 times) literally one time I was walking along with not an enemy in site and just died. I was like hu? Sloppy. How about the time I dropped the motorcycle in the quicksand and it sunk....then it automatically re-spawned, right above the same quicksand, fell and sunk, respawned same place, sunk, respawned same place, sunk...etc...etc...etc... sloppy. I don't know how many times I was standing next to an object with a yellow "Y" above it (A yellow "Y" appears when you step in the lighted circle next to an object and can perform an action with it like say...pull a lever) and instead of performing that action, I switched frickin characters. (Also done by pressing "Y" but not supposedly when you are performing an action.) Sloppy and annoying. How about this one, You face an object to smash and press the "X" button but instead of smashing the crate your character turns and hits your other character in the face. LOL sloppy!! Don't get me wrong the game looks great. Just like Star Wars they presented the movies in a way that was funny and entertaining to watch. The control just seemed sloppy I guess. Just seemed like maybe this one was rushed more than the others. Maybe the fact it was a pack-in game has something to do with it or maybe all that kind of stuff was in Lego Star Wars and I just forgot.

Yeah, those things would drive me nuts too. I haven't actually played it but have watched the kids play almost the whole game so I haven't been frustrated by those kinds of things.

How about the time I dropped the motorcycle in the quicksand and it sunk....then it automatically re-spawned, right above the same quicksand, fell and sunk, respawned same place, sunk, respawned same place, sunk...etc...etc...etc... sloppy.

That one takes the cake!

I didn't think it was that bad. Never had all the problems you seem to either. :ponder:

Thought it was better then Lego StarWars myself. Atleast I finished Indy, which I never bothered to do with SW.

As for the puzzle solving. If Lego Indy is causing you grief, don't try playing an older RE game! :P :lolblue:

As for the puzzle solving. If Lego Indy is causing you grief, don't try playing an older RE game! :P :lolblue:

The bad thing was they weren't causing me grief for the most part. Almost everything is straight out of the movies. I'd know what I figured I was supposed to do The bridge was the exception, if you punch everything in site and only use your one character, you'll be punching for hours. It'll work if you have two people playing, but not one. So anyways, I'd watch a video and realize that yeah I was on the right track and I'd go back to keep trying to fight with the "3-D" environment. I didn't know if I was dying over and over trying to make a jump because I wasn't supposed to be jumping there. Let's put it this way, I didn't have that much trouble with RE, so now you know why I brought it up.

Edited by moycon

BTW : I'm still playing it! LOL I'll be damn if I'll let a game kick my ass.

A game kickin yer booty has nothing to do with your continued playing, Moycon. Everyone knows that you will continue playing Indy until you get 1000/1000!!

Damn achievement ho...

:D

Mendon

A game kickin yer booty has nothing to do with your continued playing, Moycon. Everyone knows that you will continue playing Indy until you get 1000/1000!!

I have 41 out of 50. :D

The game is much better on Free Play in my opinion. I think maybe often times I just didn't have access to the characters I wanted/needed playing through on Story Mode.