IGNORED

Oldeset known living release day 360 finally dies......

Starscream

Again, I think if you buy a current 360, you'll be pretty much fine.

It's too soon to know that yet. In a year, if the failure rate of a Jasper is 3%, then we will know.

I hope you are right since I have a Jasper. I originally had the second revision after the launch, but I can't blame the console for it's demise. See, my nine year old son thought it was just fine to leave the DVD tray open while chasing his little sister around the family room. Elbow, meet DVD tray... you can take it from there.

So I got a refurbished unit. Pile of crap. It sounded like a 747, and it wouldn't read discs correctly at times. The there was a burning smell. I tool it back and got an arcade Jasper instead and put my drive on it.

I do say that Jaspers run much cooler and make less noise then the older models.

• 2 weeks later...

Argh, my Xbox 360 just died today, so I guess I'm another member of the RROD club. It worked quite reliably until today when it choked on Left 4 Dead, froze, wouldn't boot for a few minutes, choked again, then booted up with the RROD. :( All I can say is that my console had better come back in the same shape it is now or I'm going to be furious...

EDIT: Thought it might be worth mentioning that it was manufactured on 12/26/2007. I believe it is the second revision, but I'm not totally sure...

Edited by Atariman

EDIT: Thought it might be worth mentioning that it was manufactured on 12/26/2007. I believe it is the second revision, but I'm not totally sure...

Look at the sticker on the back and see the power is 175W. If it is than it should be a Falcon.

But then agian, the 360 gets played 100-1 over what other systems they havve (be it wii, or PS3) so are the systems that much more reliable than the 360,or are they just not getting used enough to break?

Well, the 360 has proven itself to be entirely unreliable. Still, I play the 360 about 500-1 more than the other current gen systems. In fact, when compared with other generations, the 360 gets more play than my PS2 did over my DC...or my SNES over my Genesis.

Dude, I have met my opposite. :cool:

Wii over ps3 and no xbox360(ever!)

DC over ps2

Genesis over Snes

What are JASPER identifyers?

This should answer your question Drac.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/10/inside-...ythical-consol/

Also doesn't it seem a bit odd that someone like atarian63 who supposedly HATES MS and never had owned an Xbox 360 frequents the forums so often? Usually when a person HATES something, like say, turnips, they avoid that thing. Either someone doesn't hate the 360 as much as they claim, or someone is REALLY REALLY bored. If it the later atarian63, my advice to you is to pick up an Xbox 360. It'll help pass the time doing something constructive.

What are JASPER identifyers?

This should answer your question Drac.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/10/inside-...ythical-consol/

Also doesn't it seem a bit odd that someone like atarian63 who supposedly HATES MS and never had owned an Xbox 360 frequents the forums so often? Usually when a person HATES something, like say, turnips, they avoid that thing. Either someone doesn't hate the 360 as much as they claim, or someone is REALLY REALLY bored. If it the later atarian63, my advice to you is to pick up an Xbox 360. It'll help pass the time doing something constructive.

Moycon, I think it odd that you seem to be the spokesman for such a defective also ran system. My curiosity stems from how people can consider buying an Xbox 360. Sales says it's not as great as you lay claim to here, it seems to be a niche system with a super high defect rate.

Sure it has it's place. M$ buys out a company (just like they did in the MS software side) they forces a 360 only release. Wouldn't it be nice if companies could make that decision for themselves. Things would probably be a bit different.

The point is moot as with all thier resources and shady business practices, little old Nintendo is beating them both combined. :D

As I have said many times before, to each his own, but on xbox360 let the buyer beware!

Your thinking on having to own something to know it's crap makes no sense.

I never owned a Yugo but I know it's crap.

If the 360 were a car it would have been pulled from the market long ago for being as awful as it is from a reliability standpoint, yes they have made it better now,but M$ knowingly sold a defective system for YEARS. They do it with software all the time and must have thought it was an "evolving" product as they like to say. :roll: That thinking doesn't work so well with hardware.

I suppose my hope is that some will consider buying a more innovative system from a company that is not a leach on society. Other companies innovate, microsoft just buys or steals etc to attempt to get to the top. Thankfully it is not working in the console world.

As for something constructive, I am off to play the Wii! You might try this yourself and find out what real gaming is.. Better yet fire up the 7800! ;)

Yeah but then again, they keep improving it. So the 360 you buy today (Jasper) is pretty much a different beast reliability-wise than the 360's we all talk about that are pieces of shit.

But then again, I guess we'll know for sure in another year or so how true that is :P

Re-read what I posted carefully. Pay close attention to this part.

who supposedly HATES MS and never had owned an Xbox 360 frequents the forums so often?

I could care less what you think of MS or the Xbox 360, why exactly someone like you would feel the urge to come to a 360 forum if you don't like the 360 is what I found odd and wanted to point out.

I suppose my hope is that some will consider buying a more innovative system from a company that is not a leach on society.

Spare everyone your lameness.

We are big boys and girls, there's plenty of information available for us from sources that have actually played the system.

Just go play with your Wii.

Edited by moycon

Re-read what I posted carefully. Pay close attention to this part.

who supposedly HATES MS and never had owned an Xbox 360 frequents the forums so often?

I could care less what you think of MS or the Xbox 360, why exactly someone like you would feel the urge to come to a 360 forum if you don't like the 360 is what I found odd and wanted to point out.

I suppose my hope is that some will consider buying a more innovative system from a company that is not a leach on society.

Spare everyone your lameness.

We are big boys and girls, there's plenty of information available for us from sources that have actually played the system.

Just go play with your Wii.

Don't really care what you think(or lack thereof) just ignore my posts, you can do that you know. Then you can keep your blinders on and be happy :D

Pay attention and let the fan boy attitude go. The system is really bad. You may not like that someone points it out. You'll have to tough it out :D

Also you ignored my point. Don't have to own a Yugo(xbox360) to know and to tell others it's bad. Games may be good for some but the system and company are bad.

Yes, I'll go play with the majority of happy gamers and adults and play the Wii and on occasion the PS3. Why waste money on an xbox when you know it will die on you.

The lameness is your attitude and the 360 and it's sales and marketing practices. Maybe you would be a good customer for a used Yugo to go with it?

Also re-read where you are. It's the Modern gaming forum.

Edited by atarian63

Also you ignored my point. Don't have to own a Yugo(xbox360) to know and to tell others it's bad. Games may be good for some but the system and company are bad.

I didn't ignore your point. Your points and your anti-360 posts are lame and that's one of them

When purchasing a car one of your top priorities is reliability. The reason for this atarian63 is because the majority of people rely on their car to get to work. If they do not have that car for weeks at a time. They will be fired, and their life will get significantly crappier (kinda maybe like the life someone would have if they dedicated their time to bashing systems they have never played.)

With a video game system, the thing that is most important to people is entertainment value. If we have to give up that entertainment for a week or two, it's really no skin off a normal persons back. We won't get fired, we might actually get a few things we'd been meaning to do, done, or enjoy one of our other products of entertainment. This is something, based on your posts, you know nothing about I guess, because although you claim to enjoy and play video games, the best reason you can come up with that you have to bash a video game console is to compare it to a car from Yugoslavia that had reliably issues. Two different subjects guy.

You telling everyone their 360 will be in MS repair center the majority of the time and that the 360 sucks over and over because it breaks, is not only redundant and lame....it's bullshit and it shows you haven't a clue what makes a console great.

Edited by moycon

I had a person come in the shop this morning and he owns a 360 he got in the week of launch day. It still works, kinda. He has to have a box fan sit in front of it to stave off the rrod, and the disk tray will not stay out for very long after he nudges it up to get it to come out after hitting eject.

Sad shape, but it still works. Kinda.

I didn't ignore your point. Your points and your anti-360 posts are lame and that's one of them

When purchasing a car one of your top priorities is reliability. The reason for this atarian63 is because the majority of people rely on their car to get to work. If they do not have that car for weeks at a time. They will be fired, and their life will get significantly crappier (kinda maybe like the life someone would have if they dedicated their time to bashing systems they have never played.)

With a video game system, the thing that is most important to people is entertainment value. If we have to give up that entertainment for a week or two, it's really no skin off a normal persons back. We won't get fired, we might actually get a few things we'd been meaning to do, done, or enjoy one of our other products of entertainment. This is something, based on your posts, you know nothing about I guess, because although you claim to enjoy and play video games, the best reason you can come up with that you have to bash a video game console is to compare it to a car from Yugoslavia that had reliably issues. Two different subjects guy.

You telling everyone their 360 will be in MS repair center the majority of the time and that the 360 sucks over and over because it breaks, is not only redundant and lame....it's bullshit and it shows you haven't a clue what makes a console great.

oversimplification Moycon and childish at best. Try again. I see I am getting your goat as you know I am right.

I have been playing console games far longer than you son. If stating my opinion (and that of most others) bothers you ignore it.

Th analogy is perfect, crap and crap, heck the Yugo is probably much more reliable. Nice try on that one.

The BS you refer to is the machine or in this case your analysis of consoles.

I am actually surprised some enterprising lawyer has not filed a class action suit. I'll certainly bet consumers have filed complaints with the AG of their state about M$ knowing selling a defective product.

oversimplification Moycon and childish at best. Try again. I see I am getting your goat as you know I am right.

To overlysimplificate for you, no you're not right, you simply have an opinion and it's based on very very little and you keep repeating yourself over and over and over because apparently you think we don't get it that you hate MS and anything they release and you want other people to feel the same way.

It's annoying and I was just pointing it out.

My goat has nothing to do with it.

Only way I would own a 360 is if someone bought me one. Although, I think I would rather have a PS3 first but still... :ponder: If someone buys me a new one with lots of games I will be happy to try it out and see why you guys have no problem spending so much money on it! :P

The analogy about the car is probably fairly accurate however Atarian, you'll probably never agree with these guys and Moycon and others will defend what they believe is a fun system to play. It's probably best to avoid the 360 forum. But, Lets agree to disagree and enjoy gaming on whatever system we like. :)

Only way I would own a 360 is if someone bought me one. Although, I think I would rather have a PS3 first but still... :ponder: If someone buys me a new one with lots of games I will be happy to try it out and see why you guys have no problem spending so much money on it! :P

I'm not sure I'd ever want a PS3 over the 360. The library of games is similar, but not nearly as good on the ps3. The online play on the 360 is miles better, and getting them fixed is free, quick, and easy (but definitely a minor irritant). Not only that, but the thing is dirt cheap now, and there are sooooo many great games to be had for 20 bucks or less. IMHO its worth the risk that you'll have to do without it for a week or so once it RROD's

Yeah but then again, they keep improving it. So the 360 you buy today (Jasper) is pretty much a different beast reliability-wise than the 360's we all talk about that are pieces of shit.

But then again, I guess we'll know for sure in another year or so how true that is :P

I'll be sure to let all of you early adopting tards know how my cheaper, quieter, newer Jasper compares to your expensive, loud, old launch replacement monstrosities. :D

I'll be sure to let all of you early adopting tards know how my cheaper, quieter, newer Jasper compares to your expensive, loud, old launch replacement monstrosities. :D

Make sure you also thank those same "tards" for emptying their pockets to buy their launch machines and helping pay to pave the way for your shiny new Jasper. :)

You sound like you're a 10 year old on the playground defending the system you recieved as a gift for Christmas, Atariman.

I'm glad I own all three instead of being a childish system fanboy, they each have great things to offer. However when it comes to having a lot of great games to play, the 360 is the top choice of the three for me and gets the most use, as everyone else has came out and said to you in this thread for the most part.