IGNORED

New Elite Xbox bundle w. Fable II & Halo 3

cimerians

http://blog.wired.com/games/2009/04/upcoming-xbox-3.html

Ok....I must say after my machine crapped out last year and the replacement I got is a bit on the dated side.....I'm very interested in this because I sadly don't own Fable yet or Halo 3 (not my favorite shooter)

This is now VERRRY tempting.

:(

Wow you just beat me in posting this news by only about 5 mins!

I think microsoft has a fantastic deal here for new 360 owners..

I'm still waiting for mine to come back from Texas....

-rick

ohhh and you watch... fable 2 and halo 3's price will come down fast in the next few months

because of this bundle......

I'm betting i'll be able to pick up fable 2 for under $20 in a couple months..

Edited by Zeptari1

I'm just glad this Elite bundle isn't some kick ass alternate color schema.

I'd really catch some flack if I bought another Xbox.

Great, great pack-ins though, both would make my top ten on the 360.

Fable 2 because there is so much to do and it is so engaging. One of those games you just want to keep playing to discover what's around the corner.

Halo 3 I still break out and play, a must own if you enjoy playing online. I've played through the campaign 5 or 6 times (Including the meta games) and would do it again because the experience of co-op (up to 4 way!) throughout the campaign in this game is so great and so fun. Multi-player is an outstanding experience in itself.

Halo 3 I still break out and play, a must own if you enjoy playing online. I've played through the campaign 5 or 6 times (Including the meta games) and would do it again because the experience of co-op (up to 4 way!) throughout the campaign in this game is so great and so fun. Multi-player is an outstanding experience in itself.

Maybe some day you play the last 3 levels with me in co-op when i get my 360 back from repair.

I'm really not that good at it... but all i need is the last three in co-op in legendary.

-rick

Wow you just beat me in posting this news by only about 5 mins!

I think microsoft has a fantastic deal here for new 360 owners..

I'm still waiting for mine to come back from Texas....

-rick

ohhh and you watch... fable 2 and halo 3's price will come down fast in the next few months

because of this bundle......

I'm betting i'll be able to pick up fable 2 for under $20 in a couple months..

LOL

I know, thats what makes the decision more difficult.

Do I just pick up the games? (cheaper)

Or get the newer model with the games? My current xbox is the original without HDMI.

I'm really missing that on my LCD.

Yeah, I coundn't understand the thinking behind the Elite bundled with Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indy.. :roll: ..

Yeah, I coundn't understand the thinking behind the Elite bundled with Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indy.. :roll: ..

I understand including PacMan: CE, four other XBLA games, and a Sega Tennis game that mainly uses two buttons with the Arcade. That's an arcady collection, and is mostly pick up and play, at a low price, to try to get the Wii crowd. And I guess I see Lego Indy and Kung Fu Panda coming with the Pro, although I think Kung Fu Panda could have been replaced there with, well, anything. But I didn't get the Elite coming with those games.

The Elite should have come with Halo 3 from the start. It's like they said "hey you're a tech savy console buyer. You wouldn't settle for less than the best harddrive and accessories. Chances are you wanted the HDMI cable because you have high def at home. And chances are you are concerned enough with aesthetics that you want the less common black console. And you have enough money to spend $399 to get what you want. You know what I think you'd like? A game about a martial arts loving bear based on a cartoon!"