IGNORED

I found a great little game store!

Gunstar

I was on the road today, tracking down an electronic parts supplier for a transister I needed and on my way I found a secluded little video game shop that has EVERYTHING. From Atari PONG units to the latest GC,PS2 and Xbox stuff and everything in between. They must have had about 500 2600 games in stock, both loose and boxed (many new!) there was a stack of 5200 games that must have been around 100 at least...they even had 8-bit Atari and C64 games! about twenty boxed XE game cartridges, Odyssey2 games, EVERYTHING! I even saw C64 computers and disk drives and an Amiga 2000 for sale! Holy Commolly Batman! I was just browsing today, but I'll be going back soon with a wad of cash! Saturns systems for $30, N64's for $30, DC's for $40, it was PAYDIRT! They even had Jaguar and 3DO games new&shriwnkwrapped, although only about a dozen of each and mostly commons like Iron Soldier and Shockwave. I didn't even take in everything, I'll be spending about 6 hours the next time just looking through the stuff. Accessories galore for the systems too. 8) 8) 8) Very resonable prices on all things, especially the classics, obviously the owner hasn't been E-bayized in his pricing yet...I'm keeping this place to myself until I get my fill! :P

I'd be happy to look for stuff for people, but I didn't have a whole lot of time to see everything myself. I'm going back tomorrow to examine the shop more closely. I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick up one of those $30 dollar Saturns though, I've been looking for a good deal on one...they even had the steering wheel and flight stick for it too! There was just a ton of stuff to look through. The best I can do right now is have people e-mail me with stuff they are looking for and see if they have it. Like I said, they had a very wide range of merchandise, but some systems had more stuff than others. For example, I only saw about half a dozen Oddyssey2 games, but a lot more for the 5200. I couldn't even tell what 5200 titles there were, as they were all stacked behind a case in such a way that I could only tell that they were 5200 carts. I'll have to ask to have them pulled out to browse. But they did pretty much have a little of everything at least. If anyone lives in Madison Wisconsin, I'd be happy to share the location with a couple people...I have no idea if they would ship or not, and I doubt very much that even they know offhand what all they have. The whole store was like one big bargain bin! There was a back stock room and the door was ajar and I could see just tons of stuff piled back there too! the counter was a square island in the center of the shop and there were even boxes of stuff piled in the middle; looked like stuff that just came in and hadn't been sorted through yet. I think the owner must hit like every swap-meet in the tri-state area and brings it all back to his shop. I think they have everything they've never sold yet since the place opened up probably years ago! I've had real dreams of finding stores like this and one finally came true! :idea:

I found a secluded little video game shop that has EVERYTHING.

maan If I found a store like that, Id be

aRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGRRRRRRGGGHAARARAGAHHGHGH!!!!

then id be on the floor...

then id be like

Arasafaraaaraaghghararghhhahaharaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrahghhhh!

then id be crying

then id get up and cry some more

and then id be like...

i dunno but id freak and most likely crap my pants.

How much are some of those new 2600 games?

Not sure, they were behind glass stacked one on thop of the other with just the ends showing and no visible price tag. Loose carts seemed to average 99c. I'll try to get more detailed info after I go back tomorrow, but there was just way to much to begin making any kind of lists for you guys, I might be able to give a better idea of pricing, assuming they are priced the same, or close. I believe the Colecovision and 5200 (loose) carts were $1.99, IIRC, maybe less. There was just to much for my mind to register fully or remember, I'll try harder tomorrow. :sad:

One thing that DID catch my eye was a new copy of 5200 Rescue on Fractalus, I'm definately getting that one! Regardless of price...although I doubt it was more than$5.00 as that seemed to be an average price on boxed games for the older systems... :D All I know for sure is I can do a LOT better than E-bay! (taking into account e-bay pricing&shipping) :ponder:

congrats!

any contact info for the store?   :)   maybe they would ship to boston.   :D

I'll look into it, but even with all that they carry, they definately seem like a rag-tag operation, I don't think they are even computerized, just a cash register. You'd think the owner would at LEAST use the Amiga 2000 I saw for book&record keeping!

One thing that was nice was all the used equipment was bundled&shrinkwrapped, they had a big shrinkwrapping machine right on the counter! But the new games LOOKED new, not re-shrinkwrapped boxed games. their shrinkwrapping was blue and rough edges, not as neat as factory shrinkwrapping. But at least it's a sign of cleaning up&testing equipment before selling...the bundled systems all looked quite clean and neat.

I would be interested in some of the 2600 games you've seen there. If at all possible, although it's a HUGE task, could you post a list of some of the 2600 games you've seen there, so that we may all get in on it.

If you don't mind, of course. I'd pay shipping, etc., for you doing this for me, if interested.

Wow - I'd bring 500 bucks to that joint and clean house.

Thanks for the very cool post.

well, i wnet back today and bought a 32x, a DC game&controller and a 3DO game. the Loose carts (2600) are priced from .99 upto 2.99 depending on the game, the new boxed 2600 games are 2.99&3.99. XE carts (new in box) are 4.99, they had Archon, Rescue on fractalus, One on One and and one other that I forget...several copies of each. the 5200 games had not been priced for sale yet as they had recently come in, but there are a TON. Actually, the employee directed me to a sister location that had more stuff, but that store is in the process of moving next door to a bigger location and lots of stuff had not been priced for sale yet, like 2600's and 7800's and 5200's (with 5200 contollers-a ton in a box that looked brand new!) but the clerk said they were not for sale. I'm going to contact the owner and let him know that I'm interested in a bunch of stuff, but it seems like they aren't even intersted in selling a lot of stuff, it's just laying around in bins with no prices and the clerk said if it wasn't priced, it wasn't for sale...of course he's an idiot; e.g., I asked if they had any 32x units for sale and he said no, then I found some in a glass case in the back, 4 of them!, for sale for $20. I showed him and he was dumbfounded, but sold me one...so they don't even know what they have. I'll have to go to the top and meet the owner...

this store sounds like the dream fantasy of every vintage video game collector! omg.

i have found a couple of stores that have smaller collections of atari stuff. the owner of one flea market store in rhode island said that an entire wall of 2600 cartridges (500+) about 5 years ago. wow! i picked up a complete 2600 system and 50 games for $40.

maybe someday soon i'll find a dream store like gunstar's store.

Gunstar- keep calling the clerk an idiot, taking advantage of them, & doubting their knowledge of the merch & you'll go NOWHERE fast! (Hope they don't see your posts!)

Are you like joking or something? I didn't call the clerk an idiot to his face, just here, and...he is!(in my book ANYONE who does not know how to do their job or is in retail sales/customer service and doesn't even know what they are selling or any info about it is an idiot; I take great pride in knowing my job and I learn what I need to know!) You know that commercial for the celular phones where the bald guy with the glasses walks in and asks for help and the clerk doesn't want to help him&doesn't listen and is just sitting there looking bored? That's what this guy was like... :x

Going nowehere fast? that clerk has nothing at all in the world as to where I'll go or not, pyschically, metaphorically or in life in general. AND, just how do you think I'm taking advantage of ANYBODY?!?!? (This was all said under the assumption that your comment was NOT a joke, and if that's the case... :roll: , if it was a joke... :D )

P.S> in the future, use emotions like :x or :D (or any of the others) to help people know if your serious about something or making a joke, unless there is no emotion involved, but statements like you made above are generally emotional...I forget to do this sometimes too... ;)

Hey, let me know what they got for 7800 and o2, I'm interested if you are willing to be middleman and they got stuff I don't.

The o2 stuff was behind a glass case, behind some other display and I couldn't get close to see anything but that there were some o2 games...I'll ask to look the next time, but I also know of a thrift store that has about 6-8 boxed, near mint-condition o2 carts for $3 or $4...I remember a billards game, a blowling game, some shoot'em up...

7800 stuff, they had quite a few new boxed games, mostly commons, I'll look again, but the loose stuff I remember seeing one copy of BallBlazer, some One on One's, a bunch of Pole positions, and some others, but nothing rare or really exciting, but I'll try to make a better list of 7800&2600 stuff and 5200 too, once they get them priced and ready for sale. there were a several 2600&7800 systems and a ton of sticks for both and paddles and those starraiders keypads and even 5200 controller (I could only see what was on top, in the bin and on top of the bin they had a bunch of VHS tapes on clearance, so I couldn't rummage and the idiot clerk said they weren't for sale anyway, at least not yet. I even saw an Intellivison system and two NEW&boxed Sega master systems this time (two Jaguars new in the boxes as well), but they were also stacked in the back, piled high on each other...I aske the clerk what the prices were for the SMS and Jaguars, but he once again said that if they if weren't priced, they weren't for sale, but the way they were stacked, you couldn't tell if they were priced or not and the clerk had no interest in checking for me, the guy just really pissed me off! They are starting to move though, so hopefully in a couple weeks things will be set up right next door and I'll get a more helpful clerk (keeping my fingers crossed). :roll:

I have found areas of the country to be "rich" in games. Stranger the place, the better. I was in Wisconsin this summer, and sure enough found 12 boxed O2 games for 99 cents each. Found a stash of 2600 games and a heavy sixer. 35 games and the system for 35 bucks. Also found a store similar to the one mentioned here (possibly the same one) and got some boxed Intellivision games for about 5 bucks each. Even got some rare (5) games for Intell and Coleco for cheap. Anyway, looking in the phone book everywhere I go has paid off well. Also going into the mall and asking the people at the GameStop or EB where the locals buy the old games has paid off too.

Funny, I do the same thing for laserdiscs, too. Why must everything I want be obscure and old? Or maybe thats why I want it.... :roll:

Cassidy

Gunstar- all I'm saying is maybe you oughta be a little grateful that the place actually exists. Saying "I'm going to keep this place to myself" & "I didn't want them to...start rethinking their prices" makes sense but seems selfish. It's obvious you won't tell them of the potential business they'd do w/ all that stuff... :)

Calling the clerk an idiot behind his back isn't cool either. 8) Maybe HE goes online & calls YOU an idiot. Maybe you're the least intelligent guy he spoke to that day. Maybe he hates his job & would rather be somewhere else (but I agree he SHOULD help you as best he can! :D)

Well, that's it. I hope that didn't come out too preachy & I surely don't mean to offend you...BTW I have some ideas myself as to where that store is... :twisted: