IGNORED

Ultravision Karate manual?

user42

As I understand it, no one here has seen an "Ultravision - Karate" manual or box (other than CPU's repros). Is this true? Has anyone ever seen a manual for this game? I am guessing it is fair to assume that one exists , right? Just wondering if anyone has one....

Well, IMO if Ultravision's Condor Attack was sold in a box, Karate must have been sold in a box too.

I truly believe it exists.

8)

How about Off Your Rocker....no box has been found but it was part of the Amiga family.

How about Off Your Rocker....no box has been found but it was part of the Amiga family.

Yeah but it was never released by Amiga. That's not to say that they did not have artwork ready, but the games were not sold with any box. That is if I understand correctly....

Quote from Atarimania

Amiga had this gameready and had copies shipped off to a label company for labels.Unfortunately they had decided to leave the Atari 2600 market and the company then had no use for them.So they were salvaged to a company called Pleasent Valley Video where they were given a crude,Sharpie marker label and were sold straight from the company.

Or are you suggesting that Karate was sold the same way...By a third party without box and manual?

Edited by user42

Yeah but it was never released by Amiga. That's not to say that they did not have artwork ready, but the games were not sold with any box. That is if I understand correctly....

Quote from Atarimania

Amiga had this gameready and had copies shipped off to a label company for labels.Unfortunately they had decided to leave the Atari 2600 market and the company then had no use for them.So they were salvaged to a company called Pleasent Valley Video where they were given a crude,Sharpie marker label and were sold straight from the company.

How about Karate, was this officially released?????? With the # found, I WONDER!!! :)

Remember that there have been games annouced for released but never came out.

How about Karate, was this officially released?????? With the # found, I WONDER!!! :)

Karate was officially released.

Of all people, you should know that

8)

But did it actually hit the store shelves? Perhaps maybe all that have surfaced were a few dealer copies? Does anyone remember seeing T-Handle Karate in a store?

But did it actually hit the store shelves? Perhaps maybe all that have surfaced were a few dealer copies? Does anyone remember seeing T-Handle Karate in a store?

We can't even find anyone who remembers where a blue t-handle cart came from. :|

8)

I think you may be spot on there Omega. It would explain why so few copies have ever surfaced.

I am starting to think you may be right (@ Omegamatrix).

Out of the few people that have the cart, is anyone the original owner? ...or got it from the original owner (with back story)? I'm sure they could answer all of these questions...

And @ Rom, What makes you so sure that it was retail?

Edited by user42

I am starting to think you may be right (@ Omegamatrix).

Out of the few people that have the cart, is anyone the original owner? ...or got it from the original owner (with back story)? I'm sure they could answer all of these questions...

There was a dealer here in Australia that recently sold the dealer copies of games he had. These included PAL Funvision Karate and Condor Attack

8)

Thats quite a long shot finding an original owner, I mean is there even any original Condor Attack owners?

Because the Ultravision Karate label was found in four different ways:

http://www.atarimania.com/zoom_frame.php?T...amp;NUM_IMAGE=1

http://www.atarimania.com/zoom_frame.php?T...amp;NUM_IMAGE=0

Would be surprised if all these versions are dealer copies.

And the fact that no collector ever found a Karate box, doesn't mean anything to me.

Last year, nobody had heard of Zoo Fun and Treasure Island either.

Another thought: could the Ultravision T-handle Karate have been sold with the Video Arcade System only?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Well Rom, you make a fairly convincing argument.... :)

On a related note, does anyone have the Funvision Karate manual? (and a scanner) ;)

Nope, none have surfaced yet. Speak to pangasinan if you want a copy of the Funvision Condor Attack manual ;)

Actually, I kind of disagree. Given that there are SO many different versions of this cart/label and so few copies found, it makes more sense to me that the copies taht have surfaced were dealer copies. Ultravision/funvision probably placed the chips and labels into whatever carts they could get their hands on so they could send them out to dealers, and they wouldnt have cared about consistency.

Actually, I kind of disagree. Given that there are SO many different versions of this cart/label and so few copies found, it makes more sense to me that the copies taht have surfaced were dealer copies. Ultravision/funvision probably placed the chips and labels into whatever carts they could get their hands on so they could send them out to dealers, and they wouldnt have cared about consistency.

I'm sorry Dino, but I don't agree.

IMO the Karate label looks to good to be only made for dealer copies.

Let's wait and see what comes out of the river.

8)

I'm sorry Dino, but I don't agree.

IMO the Karate label looks to good to be only made for dealer copies.

Let's wait and see what comes out of the river.

8)

Agreed. Its one of the few Atari 2600 mysteries left