IGNORED

To dump or not to dump?

Jess Ragan

Because someone (or several someones) out there will be so offended that you would dare to release a code that has been altered and not in its true form. They will spend whatever time is required to undo this unjustice. It has been stated already that some would rather it not be released at all than to release code than has been altered in any way no matter how small.
True.

Actionauts may be an exception to that rule.

8)

The upside to this whole question, to dump or not to dump is not going to be answered

And i don't think that whatever has already been posted up is not going to suade jess one way or another

I think it's best that we leave jess on his tod/lonesome to come to his decision....or at least give him room to think

EDIT: One other observation... I feel like I'm on the other side of folks saying "dump it, dump it!" Even though at the time I did not know that I would be offered the Phaser Patrol tape, I still had some second thoughts as to whether I should have volunteered to digitize and release it because of the potential drop in value. I'd be surprised if anyone who's got un released protos hasn't at one time or other put pressure (even if they didn't do it on purpose) on another person who also has unreleased protos to release them.

Nobody gives 2 shits about that stupid Phaser Patrol binary, It's a near exact match to the released game. It was worth $50 tops undumped and it's still worth $50 tops dumped. And for god's sake the "days" you spent you didn't even convert those tapes right, you had to get other AA users to make them into anything worth a damn.

Released game prototypes are worth fuck all compaired to unreleased undumped games, especially super charger tapes. :lol: Come on back to planet Earth dude. :roll:

I will say this, If I ever find anything close to Gamma Attack or any unreleased proto, I will dump it and I will release it just as I did with Gamma, the only difference will be that almost no one will know that I found it.

Pressure, yea there is some from both sides ....

Those wanting to play it and those saying you shouldn't release it for whatever reasons. There was never any doubt that I would release it so for me, I have no regrets except for the fact that I was so naive when I initially found it and If I do find something else similar, avoiding that circus is the sole reason almost no one will know I found it.

Shadow, your PM you sent me dude? Your a coward. Just so you know. Pretty hardcore of you to send me a nasty mail and have me unable to reply directly to you. Ignore me all you want, it won't change a damn thing about how hard you suck and how you go about all day long trying to be something your not, and that would be anything aside from the bum that you are. But you keep on rockin' with your sad ass life dude and hiding in your fantasy world where you mean more than nothing and the air you breathe is not just being wasted.

I'm sorry but I'm going to lock this thread for now. If another moderator wants to unlock it after looking over things that's fine with me and I support that.

I am sorry that things resorted to name calling and nastiness whether it be in posts or via pm. I think it's great when someone wants to share a find with the community but I also respect it if they would like to keep it private.

I can't see how this thread would continue in a positive way at the moment.