IGNORED

I finally have an Xbox 360!

Thanks. Are used cables trustworthy?

I can honestly say I've used Amazon to buy used 100's of times. (books, cables, games, even controllers)I got a red wireless 360 controller, with battery pack and play and charge a few months back when I got the RE5 360 and instead of paying $69.99, I got it for like $24 shipped! The stickers were still on it, it hadn't looked like it was ever used even once..

I can't recall ever feeling like I got ripped off or recieved something that didn't work.

Actually I take that back. I diid recieve a PS3 controller one time that was broke when I got it.

I usually buy from sellers who are established and have good feedback even if it means paying an extra buck. I've bought several cables for various things (360, home theater, PC) from sellers on Amazon and none have been duds.

Like I said man.. stroll into a Gamestop or Play N' Trade and just look at their used 360 stuff. Lots of times they'll have one. If you don't see it looking through the stuff, ask an employee and maybe they'll have one in the back.

Then again they of course might not have any as well. But, like I said I got mine for about $6. I can't imagine them selling them for more than 10 bucks.

Thanks. Are used cables trustworthy?

I can honestly say I've used Amazon to buy used 100's of times. (books, cables, games, even controllers)I got a red wireless 360 controller, with battery pack and play and charge a few months back when I got the RE5 360 and instead of paying $69.99, I got it for like $24 shipped! The stickers were still on it, it hadn't looked like it was ever used even once..

I can't recall ever feeling like I got ripped off or recieved something that didn't work.

Actually I take that back. I diid recieve a PS3 controller one time that was broke when I got it.

I usually buy from sellers who are established and have good feedback even if it means paying an extra buck. I've bought several cables for various things (360, home theater, PC) from sellers on Amazon and none have been duds.

I buy off Amazon all the time and I would recommend it to anyone. I just didn't see the Microsoft brand VGA cable there. I saw some third-party brands but they were not well known brands and I wouldn't trust them. For any cable that is non-proprietary there is only one place that should be seriously considered and that is monoprice.com. Their cables are of fantastic quality and their prices are awesome. That is where I got all of my optical cables, hdmi cables, and speaker wire from. Anyone who would dish out the money for Monster Cable products over monoprice.com cables is a moron.

Like I said man.. stroll into a Gamestop or Play N' Trade and just look at their used 360 stuff. Lots of times they'll have one. If you don't see it looking through the stuff, ask an employee and maybe they'll have one in the back.

Then again they of course might not have any as well. But, like I said I got mine for about $6. I can't imagine them selling them for more than 10 bucks.

Oh yeah, I'm looking for Xbox 360 stuff now, not old Xbox. I'll check the next time I go out. Thanks.

I'll throw in another vote of confidence for Amazon as well. I have been buying from them for many years without incident. I have bought new and used items from different sellers as well just look at their ratings before buying.

Everything is hooked up and I put in my offline profile info. I just tried a game and I see that I better get those cables as soon as possible so I'll have a clearer picture.

Is there anything I need to know to get online? The Ethernet cable plugged in and I'm ready to go. Any tips so I don't screw something up?

Is there anything I need to know to get online? The Ethernet cable plugged in and I'm ready to go. Any tips so I don't screw something up?

I dont think there is rreeally anything to screw up. Doesn't take long to get online. You should get a free month worth of Live Gold when you create an account. Just takes a couple minutes.

Everything is hooked up and I put in my offline profile info. I just tried a game and I see that I better get those cables as soon as possible so I'll have a clearer picture.

You should be fine, if i remember(it's been awhile) the internet set up is pretty straightforward and there should be on screen information provided as you get it set up.

I dont think there is rreeally anything to screw up. Doesn't take long to get online. You should get a free month worth of Live Gold when you create an account. Just takes a couple minutes.
You should be fine, if i remember(it's been awhile) the internet set up is pretty straightforward and there should be on screen information provided as you get it set up.

Thanks. I'll stop playing Luxor 2 and see what happens.

Oh and don't forget the list of really cool folks who are on xbox live if you want to find them on live:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...136723&st=0

After you create your gamertag and have an account you can go to:

http://live.xbox.com/

and sign in, from there you can see your friends, buy content, compare games, send messages, and register your 360., creat repair cases. check warranty status, etc...etc... Good stuff

Thanks. I have my free month and Random Terrain was available.

I used my controller to open the disc tray and put a game in, but now I can't figure out how to open it again with the controller to put a different game in.

I gave up and opened it manually.

Edited by Random Terrain

Thanks. I have my free month

FYI.. you can actually do this every month if you want free xbox live if you're really desperate. Of course you'll always start off with a new account and nothing associated with it.. but if you don't care (as I don't), then it doesn't matter.

I have one main account I maintain for xblive titles, etc... but every month I still like to create a new one specifically so I can start off COD4 at level 1 :lol: Seriously I do.

What's your initial impression RT?

That a standard TV kind of sucks. If I can get those two cables cheap and used, I should be able to buy them on Tuesday.

This Xbox 360 is quiet. It's also cold (because it has an air conditioner blowing on it). I don't think this one will ever overheat.

Oblivion kind of sucks at the start since I'm down in some dark, underground place full of fat rats that run like dogs. It should get better once I'm up with the trees and the grass.

Even though it doesn't look as good as it should yet, I like it better than the old Xbox. And getting online was fairly painless. You have to pay close attention to what button you're pressing or you'll invite everyone to an online orgy or something. Can't wait to try more of these games, but I have to get some more sleep first.

Thanks again for all of the help.

That a standard TV kind of sucks. If I can get those two cables cheap and used, I should be able to buy them on Tuesday.

You'll be asking your sister to put a 42" HDTV on her credit card soon. :lol:

Dont forget to snag the free Arcade games from the market place.

Aegis Wing is a great free game. So much fun when you co-op that game with your buds.

I suck at it.

Breakpack used to carry me through, he doesn't play 360 too much these days though.

I think his batteries died.

Edited by moycon

You'll be asking your sister to put a 42" HDTV on her credit card soon. :lol:

Dont forget to snag the free Arcade games from the market place.

Aegis Wing is a great free game. So much fun when you co-op that game with your buds.

I suck at it.

Breakpack used to carry me through, he doesn't play 360 too much these days though.

I think his batteries died.

Thanks. Are the games tiny or do I need to wait until the hard drive arrives?

Oblivion gets much better once you get out of that sewer. Its not a very big area so you should be out of there quick.

That's good. :thumbsup:

Thanks. Are the games tiny or do I need to wait until the hard drive arrives?

I dont really know much about those Arcade units. I'd probably wait for an HDD and load it up.

You'll be fine with the 20 GB drive. I had like 90 Arcade games, game saves and game expansions (Oblivion, Crackdown, Marvel Ultimate Aliance etc....) When I made sure all the demo's and videos were deleted from the HDD, I had like 5 GB. Even with all the NXE shit and only gettng like 13 GB out of a 20 GB HDD and even after downloading all that I still had the 5 GB!! You'll be golden.

Edited by moycon

I dont really know much about those Arcade units. I'd probably wait for an HDD and load it up.

You'll be fine with the 20 GB drive. I had like 90 Arcade games, game saves and game expansions (Oblivion, Crackdown, Marvel Ultimate Aliance etc....) When I made sure all the demo's and videos were deleted from the HDD, I still had like 5 GB.

Thanks. Now that I've had some sleep, I think I'll try more of these games. Mass Effect, here I come.

You'll be fine with the 20 GB drive. I had like 90 Arcade games, game saves and game expansions (Oblivion, Crackdown, Marvel Ultimate Aliance etc....) When I made sure all the demo's and videos were deleted from the HDD, I still had like 5 GB.

Thanks. Now that I've had some sleep, I think I'll try more of these games. Mass Effect, here I come.

Don't worry, if you play Mass Effect you can catch up on your sleep while your charachters are riding on the elevator.

Don't worry, if you play Mass Effect you can catch up on your sleep while your charachters are riding on the elevator.

:lol: no kidding. You'd think that in an advanced society where interstellar travel is possible you could get up and down one floor in under 5 minutes.