IGNORED

VBXE 2 production volume estimates

candle

How many VBXE 2 boards would You purchase  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Number of VBXE2 boards:

• more
  2. 2. Would You like having AOSD at all?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

8th of june i should have working vbxe2 prototype, and i think its good moment to stop the poll and start preorder thread. production will start at 1st of july, and will take a month (10 days for the boards, rest for assembly and part shipments). Hope this is enought time to all to decide.

I'm going to make some more boards for those who heistate, but cannot buy more parts than nessesary (simply too expensive to lay on shelf, and i got another projects just laying on shelf already - bad experience...) - having said this - another run will be possible if at least 20 pieces of vbxe2 would be required. Parts for AOSD are not a problem, and those boards can be build at demand.

As there was no real feedback about my idea i've kept it to myself (there are thread about this, even some pictures of working prototypes on AtariArea and AtariAge forums) and firmware allows just for configuration, but there is plenty of room in flash of AOSD MCU to get the SIO2SD part working

No real feedback??? I kill you, man. Who made version 1.0 all day ? Who?

http://picasaweb.google.com/zaxoniec/Vbxe#...541532323505314

I order 2 VBXE only if it come with AOSD. No more holes and ugly switches in Atari case.

i suppose there are few hundred legally purchased copies of tempest xtreem sold out there, right?

I wish it got to that many. Lets just say the 2nd patch is in production and contact video61 on sales detail.

Yeea, again in ugly case from recycling cart and instruction copy on inkjet printer, hmm distribution level as marketplace.

8th of june i should have working vbxe2 prototype, and i think its good moment to stop the poll and start preorder thread. production will start at 1st of july, and will take a month (10 days for the boards, rest for assembly and part shipments). Hope this is enought time to all to decide.

I'm going to make some more boards for those who heistate, but cannot buy more parts than nessesary (simply too expensive to lay on shelf, and i got another projects just laying on shelf already - bad experience...) - having said this - another run will be possible if at least 20 pieces of vbxe2 would be required. Parts for AOSD are not a problem, and those boards can be build at demand.

I like the sound of that! Since my b-day is in August, I think I know what one of my presents will be :)

Stephen Anderson

I am not sure if I will buy one right away. I like to develop games and would like to know how many people have one and their demand of games that take advantage of VBXE hardware. I already developed Tempest Xtreem for the general XL/XE Atari and have several other games partially developed. If I know like a few hundred VBXEs exist and those people demand games made with it, I would be more than willing to make ports of those games. However, that decision is not totally up to me. Do have a business partner and co-programmers that have to go along it also. I do know that demand for such hardware goes up once games do get developed, but that depends on how big the market gets. Now with an emulator out there, I could do some tests without a board.

That's the point for me to decide wether to order one or not. I am a user, not a programmer. I am only interested in buying it when somebody writes good software for it. I know peteym5 is able to do it (fantastic game Tempest Xtreem). So, if peteym5 would buy one vbxe that would be a reason to buy one for me.

as all of You can see, production volume is closer to 50 units rather than "a couple of hundreds" - this is not '89, software is developed by passionats, not companies

and i highly doubt if peteym5 has sold "couple of hundreds" of tempest xtreem, and even if - highly doub't if he could repeat that hypothetical success with game not basing on title we all are familiar with

i would rather see completly new titles rather than remakes anyways

software won't write itself for You Bunsen - instead of mambling about lack of games, write one

not a programmer? learn programming, maybe you'll be better with graphics then? still no go? how about music?

consuming what others have to offer is the easiest way out

my hope is that at least 20% of VBXE volume go to people whou would really do something with this, rather than sit there and wait for games

I am not sure if I will buy one right away. I like to develop games and would like to know how many people have one and their demand of games that take advantage of VBXE hardware. I already developed Tempest Xtreem for the general XL/XE Atari and have several other games partially developed. If I know like a few hundred VBXEs exist and those people demand games made with it, I would be more than willing to make ports of those games. However, that decision is not totally up to me. Do have a business partner and co-programmers that have to go along it also. I do know that demand for such hardware goes up once games do get developed, but that depends on how big the market gets. Now with an emulator out there, I could do some tests without a board.

That's the point for me to decide wether to order one or not. I am a user, not a programmer. I am only interested in buying it when somebody writes good software for it. I know peteym5 is able to do it (fantastic game Tempest Xtreem). So, if peteym5 would buy one vbxe that would be a reason to buy one for me.

I'm only familiar with Basic only on Atari, but I'll definetly try to do "something" if I finally have a VBXE! At least for my own pleasure, since I'm not an expert. I think that a tetris clone is 100% doable in basic for the VBXE.

as all of You can see, production volume is closer to 50 units rather than "a couple of hundreds" - this is not '89, software is developed by passionats, not companies

and i highly doubt if peteym5 has sold "couple of hundreds" of tempest xtreem, and even if - highly doub't if he could repeat that hypothetical success with game not basing on title we all are familiar with

i would rather see completly new titles rather than remakes anyways

software won't write itself for You Bunsen - instead of mambling about lack of games, write one

not a programmer? learn programming, maybe you'll be better with graphics then? still no go? how about music?

consuming what others have to offer is the easiest way out

my hope is that at least 20% of VBXE volume go to people whou would really do something with this, rather than sit there and wait for games

Part of it is price of course. :)

Were they $65, I'd take a two. But at over $100, well, I'll make due with one.

About learning stuff, got any tips for learning about electronics (I'd rather do hardware than programming)?