IGNORED

Corvus

If I was looking for something like that "at any cost", I would post in the NEwsgroups, the Vintage Computing Forum sites, and every Atari forum site on the web. Meanwhile, continue to scan ebay and craigslist in the HOPES that soemthing might show up. but you may have a really LONG wait.. Or it may never happen.

And so i did :D

Some people just make me sick... :)

Ah, you found pictures taken in my livingroom. Yes, honestly that setup belonged to me. It consisted of one 6 MB, two 10 MB and one 20 MB Corvus drives, HardBoxen to interface with Commodore PET, a few multiplexers and of course all the boring Commodore PET hardware you Atari guys surely are completely uninterested of... However it should be noted both 10 MB drives were dead on arrival, so mostly deadweight. The 6 and 20 MB drives were working OK.

Most of this stuff now lives in Germany. I still have the 6 MB drive, two HardBoxen and a few selected PETs left in my collection. A friend of mine hosts one of the broken 10 MB drives, which I may pick up. Since it is very heavy, I suppose only selected spare parts might be worth shipping around if you need something.

Some people just make me sick... :)

Ah, you found pictures taken in my livingroom. Yes, honestly that setup belonged to me. It consisted of one 6 MB, two 10 MB and one 20 MB Corvus drives, HardBoxen to interface with Commodore PET, a few multiplexers and of course all the boring Commodore PET hardware you Atari guys surely are completely uninterested of... However it should be noted both 10 MB drives were dead on arrival, so mostly deadweight. The 6 and 20 MB drives were working OK.

Most of this stuff now lives in Germany. I still have the 6 MB drive, two HardBoxen and a few selected PETs left in my collection. A friend of mine hosts one of the broken 10 MB drives, which I may pick up. Since it is very heavy, I suppose only selected spare parts might be worth shipping around if you need something.

That's the problem with most vintage stuff. It's so damn bulky that it costs more to ship than what it's worth.

Everyone is emailing me about Corvus interfaces, I've taken one apart and I'm looking to make a duplicate of it. I have all of the Corvus s/w so I'll put together a kit, going to make like 6-8 of them. I doubt more people will be interested, but that is enough. I'm doing this on the side of the side of the side while focusing on the XM project right now, thats top priority for people.

I don't know if I'll do the Integrator board or not, I need to speak first with David Small and see if he is okay with me making a duplicate of it...

So everyone who's emailing me about the Corvus interfaces, please relax, it'll be a month or so, just give me a bit, its a small board, but again I am focusing most of my time right now on something pressing that needs to be taken care of first...

Curt

Everyone is emailing me about Corvus interfaces, I've taken one apart and I'm looking to make a duplicate of it. I have all of the Corvus s/w so I'll put together a kit, going to make like 6-8 of them. I doubt more people will be interested, but that is enough. I'm doing this on the side of the side of the side while focusing on the XM project right now, thats top priority for people.

I don't know if I'll do the Integrator board or not, I need to speak first with David Small and see if he is okay with me making a duplicate of it...

So everyone who's emailing me about the Corvus interfaces, please relax, it'll be a month or so, just give me a bit, its a small board, but again I am focusing most of my time right now on something pressing that needs to be taken care of first...

Curt

Curt we have known each other for decades and ya know I love ya,

but you are far too busy, I am still waiting on info on the integrated Corvus interface you said you would get me info on in 2009.

Its ok I understand. We need to get you a museum curator to help you dig some of this stuff out because there is gold in them thar hills and I know you also have to feed your family.

I have the Corvus software for the joystick interfaces and in the next message I am going to post hi-res pics of them and hopefully someone can make them based on that.

If you ever do get around to making the boards I will take 3 please.

Links to hi res Corvus to Atari Interface

Here

and

Here

I had to dig through the garage, hope someone appreciates it and if they make one, make me one as well (hint hint)

9 of 10 of the ICs are 74LS series logic chips, I can't find a datasheet for the N9602N but I did find one company that has 355 of the same part# and package in stock. They also list the DM9602N as an alternate, the datasheet is available for it.

http://questcomp.com/InventoryParts.aspx?pn=N9602N

I'll have the rest of the Corvus Atari manuals posted up on Saturday.

The new Corvus board layout should also be done by the end of the next weekend as well.

I have the disk images already made from a while ago, I'll post those up as well. Just go under Constellation Products and follow the links:

http://www.corvusmuseum.com/

This and Mindset Computer are two side project sites I've been working on.

Curt

I'll have the rest of the Corvus Atari manuals posted up on Saturday.

The new Corvus board layout should also be done by the end of the next weekend as well.

I have the disk images already made from a while ago, I'll post those up as well. Just go under Constellation Products and follow the links:

http://www.corvusmuseum.com/

This and Mindset Computer are two side project sites I've been working on.

Curt

Look forward to seeing them!

Hope you are well!

• 3 weeks later...

Somehow, I ended up with the software for the Corvus Systems Disk Drive interface! I don't know if they are correct, but it's worth a look.

I tried using Eagle Layout Editor to make a pcb, but i'm lacking too much surface area on the board from Joe Ventura pics. Those sure are some nice pics though :)

I'll just wait patiently for the master (Curt Vendel) to crank a few Corvus Interfaces out :D

Corvus Disk Interface - Atari.zip

For what it is worth, a week ago I scanned the manual to the PET HardBox interface. I have sent a link to Curt for him to include it on his page, but in the mean time interested parties can get it from here:

http://www.cbm.sfks.se/files/Hardbox_Manual_rev2.pdf (8.3 MB)

Eventually, I may be able to dump the firmware from the HardBox as well. I have some more brochures and possibly documentation to scan. I will return to that when time permits. Please note none of this is Atari specific material though.

Just got a replacement paddleboard for my Corvus 6MB drive - hopefully this resolves the problem of the drive locking up when the paddleboard is plugged in. Otherwise, i'll be replacing TTL's on the motherboard.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2006020802541?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200602080254&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Not mine. You might want these too:

1984 Corvus Service Manual for H-Series Hard Drives Item: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2005578926821?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200557892682&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

1983 Corvus Hard Drive General Tech Info Manual Item: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2005578921001?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200557892100&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]