IGNORED

Telnet help?

NickH93

It is looking for the Serial Communications Handler which normally loads before you load ICE-T (or whatever other comm program you are using). IIRC, the ICE-T I use has the handler on the disk but I am not sure if it is a seperate file or prepended to the actual program (I think the ICE-T I have used is for XL/XE only, but I almost never use it. And I'm not familiar with ICE T 800 at all). Look on your disk for an AUTORUN.SYS file - that may be the handler.

Some versions of DOS have a handler on the disk with them (Like SpartaDOS). I think DOS 2.5 might also have one but I don't use that either.

When you load most of the R: handlers I have used, they beep one time when the handler loads successfully.

What program are you running on the PC? (or are you using a real modem on the Atari?)

It is looking for the Serial Communications Handler which normally loads before you load ICE-T (or whatever other comm program you are using). IIRC, the ICE-T I use has the handler on the disk but I am not sure if it is a seperate file or prepended to the actual program (I think the ICE-T I have used is for XL/XE only, but I almost never use it. And I'm not familiar with ICE T 800 at all). Look on your disk for an AUTORUN.SYS file - that may be the handler.

Some versions of DOS have a handler on the disk with them (Like SpartaDOS). I think DOS 2.5 might also have one but I don't use that either.

When you load most of the R: handlers I have used, they beep one time when the handler loads successfully.

What program are you running on the PC? (or are you using a real modem on the Atari?)

I am doing this all on an atari 800XL. Since i got the ape interface last week....i use that as my modem...

I am doing this all on an atari 800XL. Since i got the ape interface last week....i use that as my modem...

APE uses a standard 850 device handler. Load that first, then load Ice-T. When you get to the terminal, type ATDT ip address or DNS name then hit enter (to get to Darkforce BBS, you would type ATDT darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org). This will dial out.

Stephen Anderson

A little offtopic (the topicstarter has no help from this reply)

The handler itself is not what you load from disk. That is wat is 'downloaded' from the 850 or ape.

The little program on disk, is just asking the 850 to wake up, and to send the actual handler to the atari. The little program from disk is downloading that driver the 850 is sending, and put it in memory.

Ontopic:

I think it is a better idea to test this first with Bobterm. Bobterm has this sequence built-in. So startup APE, boot up Bobterm and wait for the long BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP after it starts.

By the way: be sure you enabled R: in APE and make the right settings.

Good luck

M.

p.s. my BBS is down, so don't use that for a test; it won't work.