IGNORED

$800 Pepsi repro(?) - I can't believe this!

Seems too fishy to me as well.

I think it's too coincidental that the label is missing. Remember that there's a screw right in the center of the shell where the front label is suppose to go. Say he flashed the game onto an EPROM and slapped it inside an Atari cart, it'd be hard to duplicate the label.

Board pics or this guy is a scammer.

I think it's too coincidental that the label is missing. Remember that there's a screw right in the center of the shell where the front label is suppose to go. Say he flashed the game onto an EPROM and slapped it inside an Atari cart, it'd be hard to duplicate the label.

The "label" you refer to was a small red sticker (reading "Atari goes better with Coke") that was in fact on the box. Although there has been at least one instance where a previous owner removed this sticker and attached it to the cartridge.

It's not an EPROM. You can find pics online of the guts of a real Pepsi Invaders cart. I can't find my pics right now, sorry.

An official PI cart has a masked ROM with the markings shown here. The plastic shell should be clean with no signs of glue residue.

Edited by PingvinBlueJeans

Money to burn if a mask ROM was done for 125 carts :-o

Atari burned a lot more money on far worse things.

Yes, and they also made at least 1000 Pepsi Invaders mask ROM's, minimum run. Somewhere the remaining ones are sitting in tubes, probably in Brad's dungeon somewhere, or Curt's stuff. :P

Money to burn if a mask ROM was done for 125 carts :-o

Atari burned a lot more money on far worse things.

Yes, and they also made at least 1000 Pepsi Invaders mask ROM's, minimum run. Somewhere the remaining ones are sitting in tubes, probably in Brad's dungeon somewhere, or Curt's stuff. :P

Yeah, more certainly could've been made.

Either way, people assume it was a waste of money on Atari's part, but we don't know how much Coca-Cola actually paid to have the game made either.

The "label" you refer to was a small red sticker (reading "Atari goes better with Coke") that was in fact on the box. Although there has been at least one instance where a previous owner removed this sticker and attached it to the cartridge.

I read on this very site that this wasn't a prototype but a legitimately released cartridge, though not in the consumer market. I thought I read somewhere that it had a label.

Still, I always have my doubts about any funny looking eBay auctions for extremely valuable games. Inconsistencies should never be overlooked in things of this matter.

I read on this very site that this wasn't a prototype but a legitimately released cartridge, though not in the consumer market. I thought I read somewhere that it had a label.

No...Pepsi Invaders cartridges lack a label. There is a box but no manual. A complete example looks like this.

"many people ask.. why i not post pictures of the inside of this cart.I just want to say that.. I am a collector of Atari games. that will never open my games.because i could broke the game.I would not sell either one of the games. "

You can't make up stuff this good.

"many people ask.. why i not post pictures of the inside of this cart.I just want to say that.. I am a collector of Atari games. that will never open my games.because i could broke the game.I would not sell either one of the games. "

Believe it or not, i want it :(

This is one of the few games that i have never owned .... i am not sure, if its original how much is worth it ?. Can you throw a number to bid or better keep away from the auction ?.

Believe it or not, i want it :(

This is one of the few games that i have never owned .... i am not sure, if its original how much is worth it ?. Can you throw a number to bid or better keep away from the auction ?.

I would steer clear of this one eskobar. A confirmed original sells for around $700 ATM. they were selling for $1k-$1,5k for a while but that was before a handful of copies surfaced simultaneously. At $405, an unconfirmed copy with glue residue is just not worth it. Get CPUWIZ or ShawnSr to make you a repro for $20