IGNORED

$800 Pepsi repro(?) - I can't believe this!

"many people ask.. why i not post pictures of the inside of this cart.I just want to say that.. I am a collector of Atari games. that will never open my games.because i could broke the game.I would not sell either one of the games. "

You can't make up stuff this good.

Believe it or not, i want it :(

This is one of the few games that i have never owned .... i am not sure, if its original how much is worth it ?. Can you throw a number to bid or better keep away from the auction ?.

I would steer clear of this one eskobar. A confirmed original sells for around $700 ATM. they were selling for $1k-$1,5k for a while but that was before a handful of copies surfaced simultaneously. At $405, an unconfirmed copy with glue residue is just not worth it. Get CPUWIZ or ShawnSr to make you a repro for $20

Thanks for the advice, i can be pretty stupid with money when i see the last pieces of my collection, i had no problem getting many rare games but this one is a bitch to find :S

I have never liked repros but maybe i have no choice on this one :(

"many people ask.. why i not post pictures of the inside of this cart.I just want to say that.. I am a collector of Atari games. that will never open my games.because i could broke the game.I would not sell either one of the games. "

You can't make up stuff this good.

Believe it or not, i want it :(

This is one of the few games that i have never owned .... i am not sure, if its original how much is worth it ?. Can you throw a number to bid or better keep away from the auction ?.

I would steer clear of this one eskobar. A confirmed original sells for around $700 ATM. they were selling for $1k-$1,5k for a while but that was before a handful of copies surfaced simultaneously. At $405, an unconfirmed copy with glue residue is just not worth it. Get CPUWIZ or ShawnSr to make you a repro for $20

Maybe the value on this game has finally gone up. I mean it's at $405 with big time red flags. I would think this would be a little higher at the moment if people knew for sure.

If the seller won't open the cartridge and show us the PCB "because he doesn't want to damage the game," I'll have to call shenanigans.

A) His refusal to open the cartridge suggests that he knows damn well that Pepsi Invaders is rare and unusually valuable for an Atari game.

B) The odds of a real Pepsi Invaders cart ending up at a Mexican flea market are infinitesimal.

C) Anyone with half a brain can open and re-close a label-less Atari cart without damaging it.

D) The fact that he doesn't give refunds suggests that he plans on screwing someone over.

This guy must really need the money if he wants to risk federal mail fraud and wire fraud charges (among others) by passing off a reproduction as the real thing.

If the seller won't open the cartridge and show us the PCB "because he doesn't want to damage the game," I'll have to call shenanigans.

A) His refusal to open the cartridge suggests that he knows damn well that Pepsi Invaders is rare and unusually valuable for an Atari game.

B) The odds of a real Pepsi Invaders cart ending up at a Mexican flea market are infinitesimal.

C) Anyone with half a brain can open and re-close a label-less Atari cart without damaging it.

D) The fact that he doesn't give refunds suggests that he plans on screwing someone over.

This guy must really need the money if he wants to risk federal mail fraud and wire fraud charges (among others) by passing off a reproduction as the real thing.

Totally Agree! :thumbsup:

I have to agree, i didn't read that he didn't want to open the game to avoid damage, pretty stupid comment :S

im was looking at the picture on the ebay auction and the one on atarimania and im starting to think this is real

stop me if this has already been brought up

look at the glue residue on the cartridge in the ebay auction its in the shape of a circle

some people took the sticker from the box and put it on the cartridge and over time i would assume it could fall off

mahxkp.png

this might be real considering the glue residue is in the shape of the sticker from the box

this might be real considering the glue residue is in the shape of the sticker from the box

It's hard to tell due to the low quality of the auction photo, but it takes quite a bit of imagination to see the glue residue as being in the shape of a circle as you describe. I also see 'glue residue' near the screw hole and the edges of the cartridge face.

Any fool who'd bid this up to $385 deserves to be parted from his money, because he obviously doesn't value it, and the money deserves to be in the hands of somebody who does. In this case, that would be the seller.

I dunno about that. Sellers get the raw end of the stick these days. File with paypal you bought a counterfit and they will refund it upon return.

Any fool who'd bid this up to $385 deserves to be parted from his money, because he obviously doesn't value it, and the money deserves to be in the hands of somebody who does. In this case, that would be the seller.

I dunno about that. Sellers get the raw end of the stick these days. File with paypal you bought a counterfit and they will refund it upon return.

I'm assuming that's what the people bidding on this are banking on. I can't see any other reason to take such a risk.

im was looking at the picture on the ebay auction and the one on atarimania and im starting to think this is real

look at the glue residue on the cartridge in the ebay auction its in the shape of a circle

some people took the sticker from the box and put it on the cartridge and over time i would assume it could fall off

mahxkp.png

Look along the edges of the cart face, you can see label residue there also.

mahxkp.png

Look along the edges of the cart face, you can see label residue there also.

He did say a flee market so you can't rule out dried up tabasco, cornflakes, kitty litter , extra hot taco sauce , human urine, elmo's wood glue , Larry Flynt Hustler magazine juice (cleanest way I could think of putting it) , or just general dirt and grime

Note that stuff like this sold in Mexico does not necessarily need been bought or sold or distributed originally in Mexico. I suspect that large volumes of our US old stuff donations are sold by the pound to other countries in auctions or donated to foreign charities. When donations run high, charities here don't even have the space to store our detritus. I know this hasn't really been part of the fake or not fake argument, but I thought I'd put the concept out there.

Edited by ianoid

What an expensive risk to take for a game that is otherwise Space Invaders. Heck, at least Tooth Protectors is a different game. What's with bootleg and fake stuff coming from Mexico recently? I buy metal shirts occasionally off of there and over the past two years there have been a rampant number of sellers making shirts and selling them as legit. Sure, most of them actually don't look half bad, but they're clearly pirated. Think about it, pirated T-shirts. Damn. Anyway, wouldn't trust this one for a second.

Maybe the value on this game has finally gone up.

I think you may be right Homer

Buyer with a (2) feedback Bumped it up $400. :ponder: :roll:

I don't think that there is anyway to tell where the 2 feedback buyer is from. My guess is Texas or Mexico. I don't have a problem with eBay hiding ID's but it is difficult at times to tell whether it is a real or shill bidder.

Maybe the value on this game has finally gone up.

I think you may be right Homer

Buyer with a (2) feedback Bumped it up $400. :ponder: :roll:

I don't think that there is anyway to tell where the 2 feedback buyer is from. My guess is Texas or Mexico. I don't have a problem with eBay hiding ID's but it is difficult at times to tell whether it is a real or shill bidder.

I can make Pepsi Repro's without glue residue, any interest?