IGNORED

CD32 and Jaguar were the 2 most sucsessful 32 bit consoles.

CD32 and Jaguar were the most successful consoles of the 5th gen, he really means least successful. :D

Meh, there's the FM Towns Marty, PC-FX, and Apple Pippin to considder as well. (I think the 32x and Virtual Boy were a bit ahead of other failures, pending the actual numbers for the 3DO)

I never understood classifying systems by number of bits. What is it based off of? The word size? The width of the data bus? The width of the Address bus? Even more confusing is when people say "this system has xx bit graphics!". What the heck is that supposed to mean?

It's in the same file as a video being "Digital quality". It only makes sense if you don't get into that whole "what words mean" thing.

Luckily wikipedia is pretty tight in correcting this kind of stuff, they even caught my edit on the Atari 7800 sales figures (of which there are none listed) as I used Curt's thread as a sourse. (discussion forums are not a valid resourse; I couldn't really just use his name though, and the text file was indefinite as well, and only downloadable, not an actual web page)

That was me that reverted it, I'm the active person usually dealing with MCjakeqcool as well. Regarding your edit, as I had stated in the edit explanation (you can see that when you click the history tab for that page) forums are not allowed as a reference on Wikipedia, they don't meet standards for notability and reliability. When Curt puts the documents up on his website (since his site is viewed as reliable by the video game project), then its no problem to add those figures.

At the time of the 3DO's release I was living in a small country town pop15,000 in Australia. The 3DO had no official Australian release , no advertising and only a small amount of gaming press.

And yet......

I accidently met 2 other owners - all of us with different models in'95-'96.

300,000 units worldwide probably wouldn't have yielded this result Or maybe just coincidence.

I don't think we'll ever know so this is my last entry on the matter.

I never knew any Jag owners but the CD32 wasn't uncommon as Amiga still had distributors here.