IGNORED

The Cloak & Dagger Challenge

Allan

Just noticed this thread and thought y'all might like to know that the game they used to film the gameplay scenes for the movie turned up. I got it from the programmer, Rusty Dawe. The machine makes a cameo in one of the scenes, too, but you can only see the side art. I've got the DVD so I should take a screen shot of that scene to add to my page about the game some day.

http://www.o-sd.com/arcadecollecting/forum....php?topic=83.0

It's looking good.

Thanks for posting the screen shots.

Tempest, do you know how far along he is?

Allan

55% maybe? He's rewriting the existing code a lot, so he hasn't been making much progress on finishing what was still left unfinished back in 84.

Tempest

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Like Adventure II, this'll be worth the wait. :cool:

The ultimate 5200 UFO, 24 years in the works?...Absolutely incredible! I wanted this when I was 11, but the thought of finally getting a near arcade perfect, expertly progammed cart(by the original programmer) with an actual box and book like the movie, is way more exciting now.

---still stunned & half speechless...:ahoy:

• 3 months later...
I want to go on record myself that I would be ALL IN on buying a Cloak and Dagger cartridge! I mean, how could I not? That's just one of those great things from childhood. I was kind of on the young side when the movie came out (7 or 8 I think?), but even then I got the BIGGEST kick out of that movie, and was so bummed when I couldn't actually play the game!

On a slight side note, talk about 'the more things change, the more they stay the same'! Get a load of this: got up this morning and my 2 1/2 year old says she wants to see me 'play ghosts, Daddy!'. 'Ghosts' is what she calls Pac-Man (though usually refering to the Championship Edition on my 360, cause she gets into the music on it too). So, I play Pac-Man for a while. Then we turn the game off and turn the TV on, so she can get some cartoon time in. What did we watch on CBS? Care Bears. That ended at 7:30 (about 15 minutes ago). Now what are we watching? Strawberry Shortcake.

Seriously, what year am I living in? I just want to make sure that I didn't get caught in a time rift or something. Er, other than the fact that I'm on a computer that probably would've rivled NASA 25 years ago :)

You should have watched the pac man cartoon with her

The ultimate 5200 UFO, 24 years in the works?...Absolutely incredible! I wanted this when I was 11, but the thought of finally getting a near arcade perfect, expertly progammed cart(by the original programmer) with an actual box and book like the movie, is way more exciting now.

wow this is awesome

I can not wait to buy a C&D Cart for my 5200

can you please please put secret plans at the end of the cart

or maybe in an easter egg

Also can a beared fat guy get shot in the eye like mo green

in the back of a video game store

Also Please have the elevator screens

How many times have you rewound the scenes in the game store

and wished you could go back in time into that store

and Buy up every cart in that store

This forum is quickly becoming my bearded fat guy in the back of the gamestore

taking apart my C&D cart

I hope it don't get shot though

I do not want it to die

wow this is awesome

I can not wait to buy a C&D Cart for my 5200

can you please please put secret plans at the end of the cart

or maybe in an easter egg

Also can a beared fat guy get shot in the eye like mo green

in the back of a video game store

Also Please have the elevator screens

How many times have you rewound the scenes in the game store

and wished you could go back in time into that store

and Buy up every cart in that store

This forum is quickly becoming my bearded fat guy in the back of the gamestore

taking apart my C&D cart

I hope it don't get shot though

I do not want it to die

eh i'd rather have a rampage conversion

Just a small update, Dave is still working on C&D. He's be really busy with his job lately, but he's going to start working on C&D more often now. I'll post more news when I have it.

Tempest

Please tell him about including the secret plans at the end of the game

and a pixel image of the fat guy in the movie in the game store

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do you have a mock up of the box done on Photoshop? I thought there was a second picture of the logo without the dark background on here before....I talked to Dave Comstock. He hasn't had time to work on Cloak and Dagger, but still plans too in free time....

I've got to be honest, I'd probably buy 10 of this game if it were ever finished (and fill my water gun with ink and put a softball in my backpack with my full name written on it, and I'm about to be 34) - but I wonder if I should start to let myself down easy. This has been in development for a really long time and it's obvious Dave simply doesn't have the time to work on it at all. What do you guys think, begin to break it to myself?