IGNORED

Out Run

And, by the way, in the past someone was doing (or intended) World Class Leaderboard. Who was he? Some screens, coding,... ?

Greetings

José Pereira.

Wrathchild was working WCL. There is a thread about it here somewhere...

Here is that binary that I got from there:

WCL.zip

Use any console key to switch back and forth from overhead to normal view.

Edited by MrFish

Hi,

The actual porting came together quite easily as once the screen drawing bits were remapped then the remainder, e.g. the calculations, uses the same code as the C64.

In terms of the C64 vs Atari thread then timing the rendering of this view vs that of the C64 would give an indication of what benefit the faster CPU rate of the Atari can provide.

What I liked about attempting this was not going for the obvious 'background colour is black' - see the thread Fake borders.

José, feel free to ask any questions that will help you in your developments :)

Regards,

Mark

Kinda like the Douglas Adams line There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable I have an odd feeling that if I ever finish a game for the Atari then something bizarre might happen and I'll have to finish another one ;)

Kinda like the Douglas Adams line There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable I have an odd feeling that if I ever finish a game for the Atari then something bizarre might happen and I'll have to finish another one ;)

Im willing to find out the answer to that question :)