IGNORED

Younger 2600 fan on AtariAge?

Koopa64

I'm 18, and have been playing Atari literally since I was old enough to hold the controller. My parents and brothers have had a 2600, NES, Genesis, Game Boy, Super Nintendo, and Game Gear since before I can remember. I was raised on gaming, and I currently own some ridiculous number of video game consoles and games.

I'm 12 and I'm a large fan of Atari 2600.

I'm only 12 to and I've been a fan of it ever since I saw a top-ten count down of the best systems ever.

I never even knew Atari had made game systems until I was 10. I found out when my brother started to tell me about this Atari Pac-Man that was really awful.

I'm 12 and I'm a large fan of Atari 2600.

I'm only 12 to and I've been a fan of it ever since I saw a top-ten count down of the best systems ever.

I never even knew Atari had made game systems until I was 10. I found out when my brother started to tell me about this Atari Pac-Man that was really awful.

Me too.

Hmm, I'm sixteen as well. I picked up a 2600 when I decided I wanted to broaden my horizons. I love "tinkering" with stuff, and really wanted to dig into some old electronics. However, I still rather enjoy modern games, it all just depends what I feel like doing. I think many people my age here feel the same way, being raised on the FPS genre, and not the classic platformer games, I will probably always enjoy a good shooter, even when that style of game is obsolete. Sadly, I find a lot of young members here have awful typing habits. Type your ideas out, and spell things correctly!

Hmm, I'm sixteen as well. I picked up a 2600 when I decided I wanted to broaden my horizons. I love "tinkering" with stuff, and really wanted to dig into some old electronics. However, I still rather enjoy modern games, it all just depends what I feel like doing. I think many people my age here feel the same way, being raised on the FPS genre, and not the classic platformer games, I will probably always enjoy a good shooter, even when that style of game is obsolete. Sadly, I find a lot of young members here have awful typing habits. Type your ideas out, and spell things correctly!

I don't really like modern games anymore. I sometimes go back to my XBOX to play some GTA or Halo but other than that I consider myself 100% retro gamer. I don't even have any systems from this generation.

another spell nazi... lol :roll:

im also glad these guys came to AA. it is the only gaming message board ive come across where intelligent gaming discussions occur.

sites like gamefaqs and 99% of its posters are whats wrong with gaming today. the absolutely ignorance on that site is shocking. all those boards do is fan the fires of trolling and fanboyism and feed into the poison of wilful ignorance.

ive only been here a few months but i don't recall seeing any fanboyism. and any asses here are quickly dealt with by the rest of the community.

its fun coming to a site and actually learning about games and their history and what people are playing for fun, instead of tossing around sales figures and the marketing terms like attach rate that somehow became part of the gaming lexicon.

• Like 1

Well, I'm 24 now, but I've been heavily into retro games since at least 1996 (when I was 11). Even before that, I was into Galaga, Arkanoid, Ms. Pac-Man, and the neighbor kid's old Apple II. I also lurked here on AA way back when it was Atari2600Nexus. :)

I'm not so young anymore, but I WAS a pretty young 2600 fan...if that counts.

I was an Atari 2600 fan when I was 5 :ponder:

29 years ago :lol:

Sadly, I find a lot of young members here have awful typing habits. Type your ideas out, and spell things correctly!

another spell nazi... lol :roll:

If anything, the internet needs more spelling police. It's rediculous. I loose my mind when I see people misspell words they should have learned in the 4th grade. It's quiet sad really. Their are spell checkers in all web browsers I've used. :ponder:

If anything, the internet needs more spelling police. It's rediculous. I loose my mind when I see people misspell words they should have learned in the 4th grade. It's quiet sad really. Their are spell checkers in all web browsers I've used. :ponder:

:ponder:

;)

Edited by BassGuitari

;)

Don't forget this one...

I loose my mind...
:D

;)

Don't forget this one...

I loose my mind...
:D

D'oh! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I love posts like this. The mature and considered opinions of the new blood coming on-line with the joys of vintage video games is inspiring. It takes me back to the days of optimistic youth (age 18) when, seeing my first Atari VCS at a party, the seed was planted leading to a life of game playing, collecting (and storage fees). Then, the juvenile banter between the old fogies brought me back to the future again.

This is time travel we can all enjoy.

I'm glad to see the new gen enjoying classic gaming. I've done my part by introducing my kids to it, and they love it. Like their dad, they enjoy both new and classic games.

Not trying to threadjack, but I though it might be interesting to see who is the oldest 2600 fan as well.

I have elviticus beat by a year, since I'm 39, but I suspect the numbers go much higher than that.

Who is the oldest Atari Ager?

I'm 14, and I've been collecting Atari 2600 items since I was 12. I will be turning 15 in September. Where I live, NOBODY my age has ever heard of Atari, which makes it difficult to find someone to relate to in gaming. Everyone else has a 360 so striking up a gaming conversation is not easy. But it's worth it, collecting Atari 2600 plenty of fun.

It doesn't take much either. I mentor a 17 year old and got him hooked.

After all, fun is fun. Nice to see a few kids that are not blinded by all the graphics and glamor of the new games. I like the new ones too, mind you, but the VCS is pure, timeless, classic fun.

And it always will be. :)

Oh my you kids are up late! Does your daddy know were sneaking online again early in the morning? :D

I could have sworn I tucked Bean in for the night and she was sleeping in her crib. :ponder:

I'm almost afraid of the two of you teaming up to take over the continents, lol, or even meeting up in person one day!

I am 2 and one day I will get my daddy´s collection!

Yeah, maybe they will work together with CPUwiz and rule the world :D