IGNORED

Colecovision Labels Thread

pboland

6 hours ago, TheGuru said:

Great! Thanks for that. I'm curious where this came from? Is there a secret archive of high quality Colecovision artwork somewhere? ;-)

Haha, no not really.   After I saw the post, I vectored it in illustrator - probably took me 45 minutes.   When I do it, it's Zen.  I had started doing other labels to replace on my carts where they are falling off.  

Got any other labels done? I have also started re-creating some labels. Have done about 20 so far. So far most of them are the CBS Coleco white labels but I've done a few Coleco USA ones too and other random games.

The vector came out really nice given the poor quality of the provided pic. Now I need to get a copy of AI and figure out how to use it heh!

Any quick tips you can offer for vectoring with AI?

On 8/16/2022 at 3:57 AM, TheGuru said:

Great! Thanks for that. I'm curious where this came from? Is there a secret archive of high quality Colecovision artwork somewhere? ;-)

MMarcoux66: Here is the final 300dpi image.

I made the background just white because it will print better. The grayness might just be the texture in the paper.

It would be possible to make positioning more accurate and with 100% correct colors but that will require a high quality scan from an original cart. This is the best I can do right now.

wizmathlabel.png

Thank you so much! It looks great!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Zinister said:

I have been looking for a Pitfall II label for some time but could never find a decent looking one.

So I made one for myself.  It's not perfect but it will get the job done.

Pitfall2Label.png.83a4d451148cec0c95ba90c07189e035.png

Do you have a better quality image? 429 x 549 pixels is no where near good enough to get a quality print.

I wouldn't worry about it. Your Pitfall II label is not like the original so I doubt anyone will be printing it.

They are not all like that but unfortunately yes a lot of noobs use 96 dpi for some reason or I suspect they are selling higher quality labels and the low quality images are just previews. It will pass to an amateur but for archival quality it needs to be 300 DPI at the minimum and identical to the original label.

The people who know what they are doing make them at least 300 DPI which is the minimum required for a HQ print.

I'm in the middle of scanning all my carts (~150) and re-making HQ images of all of them. That will eventually include Pitfall II. There's a bunch already done on my site.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...