IGNORED

therealred5's UPDATED COLLECTION PIX

Red 5

That is a very impressive man cave except you're missing a key ingredient: Alcohol. Where's the beer fridge? :)

Right at the bottom of the stairs. Damn skippy.

:cool:

Very nice collection! Looks like the "Show Us Your Collection" is turning into a hit!

It's a hit until all you big shots start posting and make us all look like tiny weasels... ;)

God forbin Iwan posts ALL of his stuff or CPU, Al, Wonder, you, etc. bring out the old camera.

Kidding aside, please post your photos already. We have been waiting long enough!

(I'm tired of waiting for Wonder's room to be ready. Post pics already!!!) ;)

Berlin Wall box?

what is that exactly?

A Christmas gift from my father in 1989.

When the Berlin Wall fell, they sold these and he grabbed one for me an my sibs.

Inside is pieces of the wall. A map from where the piece came from. The day and time and flight it came over here. Lots of authenticity and proof stuff. It's pretty cool. Don't know why I keep it there, but it fits into the 'my generation' theme I guess.

There is actually one on ebay now. I have never seen another one before.

• 3 weeks later...
Nice setups realred5...thse clean looking XLs you have is that 1 6 and 1 8 or both 8's

Keep up the collecting fellow atarian

That's an 800 and a 600. Keen eye. I will do just that as I am adding to my 5200 collection as I type this.

There is absolutely no way you are married.

My wife is a VERY understanding woman. As long as it stays in the basement and doesn't make us broke, she is cool.

I fund the entire collection through Tag Sales. Every Saturday from 8am to noon I am looking for video game related stuff.

I keep what I don't have and sell the rest. So she is pretty understanding.

She is a huge movie buff too though so she loves the theater as much as I do. Also, Friday night is family movie night so we have a lot of fun with it.

If you do go down the 5200 route...snag yourself that device mentioned in the 5200 thread 'the real supersystem' as well as the 52 to 26 adapter...then you can enjoy the best of all worlds (i.e a 3 in 1 atari console...or 4 if you include the low end conversions of A8 games)

Edited by carmel_andrews

However, I couldn't possibly part with the Vectrex. The only non-Atari system left. I wanted that thing so bad when I was a kid, but as my parents were not millionaires, so that was not an option for Christmas.

I hate to nit-pick, but out of this beautiful collection why-o-why are the Vectrex carts loose? I can see the Atari's being loose (well, ok, barely if that's your true love), but Vectrex almost demands an in-box collection. Mainly for protection for the overlays.

Wait a minute...where are the overlays? Please God, please tell me you have the overlays for the pictured games.

However, as Vectrex is my true love, I do appreciate the Pole Postition cart. :cool:

• 5 weeks later...

I just noticed the Dark Tower game as well... icon_smile.gif

Nice! I still have mine sitting in my closet

I still want to make a Lynx game that mimics this board game.

You make it and I will be the first in line to buy it. I LOVE this game and still play it frequently. I don't know how they don't still sell this game or something like it.

Out of the thousands of tag sales I've been to, I think I have seen every single board game ever but that one. The one you see is the one I got or my birthday oh so long ago.

I just noticed the Dark Tower game as well... icon_smile.gif

Nice! I still have mine sitting in my closet

I still want to make a Lynx game that mimics this board game.

You make it and I will be the first in line to buy it. I LOVE this game and still play it frequently. I don't know how they don't still sell this game or something like it.

Out of the thousands of tag sales I've been to, I think I have seen every single board game ever but that one. The one you see is the one I got or my birthday oh so long ago.

I bought my first one at a goodwill auction for $2 with a tub full of random toys (the entire tub of toys filled the backseat of my car). I wasn't aware of its exact value, but I knew it was worth something.

I still play it as well but only a few times a year.

My dream is to convert it to the Lynx. I'd like to make it look like the flash game, and perhaps even comlynx-able It would be a lot of fun. If you are playing on two lynx systems, you can still hear the sounds of the other players turn, and can figure out what is going on some. I don't know crap about programming, but if I do learn, my ultimate goal is this game on a playable lynx cart.

Than.... I can make a Lynx horror game or something to follow a Stephen King story or something. lol

Nice - where did you get the seats for the home theater?

http://www.hometheaterseating.com/

Free shipping made it the winner, but that was a few years ago.

Another great money saver for home theaters is to use screen paint (Google : Screen Goo). I projected the image on my wall as big as I could, then I framed it with painter's tape.

Painted the walls a very dark blue and then used Screen Goo for the screen. That will save you about $1,000.00 and looks better (IMO) than a real screen.

I found the film reel border at a party store. It's plastic streamers cut to border the screen.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your wall of carts are one of the most beutiful things i have ever seen. If i was to make a list of the great wonders of the world, i would put the therealred5's wall of carts in the top spot, and the great wall of china in second. :)