IGNORED

COKE WINS

ChrisKoopa

A reaction against the recent eBay auction that tried to pass off a repro as the real thing...

Speaking of repros...there are alot of Hozer Video repros showing up on eBay these days. Unfortunately some of the buyers thought they were the real deal.

Seems as though they think this is rare as well going for over $50 for a repro and its not quite done yet.

I don't see how it's possible to think it's rare. I've sold 5 of them in as many days. I tried before putting a $19.99 BUY IT NOW on the auction and it didn't get even get the $9.99 opening bid. I relist with no BIN and a $9.99 opening bid and it sells for $26 dollars, I list another one and it sells for $50 bucks 12 hours later (first was 1 day auction, second was a 5 day). I really think the world is a funny place and so are the folks on it. There is no logic to be found at all with this one. I try to hand out a deal but they would rather pay top dollar.

Seems as though they think this is rare as well going for over $50 for a repro and its not quite done yet.

I don't see how it's possible to think it's rare. I've sold 5 of them in as many days. I tried before putting a $19.99 BUY IT NOW on the auction and it didn't get even get the $9.99 opening bid. I relist with no BIN and a $9.99 opening bid and it sells for $26 dollars, I list another one and it sells for $50 bucks 12 hours later (first was 1 day auction, second was a 5 day). I really think the world is a funny place and so are the folks on it. There is no logic to be found at all with this one. I try to hand out a deal but they would rather pay top dollar.

Sometimes people just don't know where to get a reproduction and will pay a lot for it. Back in 2004 I contacted Hozer and offered him $50 for an Air Raid reproduction, I just didn't know where to get one, I didn't know about emulation, didn't know about the atariage forums, and just wanted to own a playable copy of it. I was under the impression that Air Raid was the rarest holy grail of them all and I would never ever be able to play it. I thought $50 was a good offer for one. He declined my $50 offer and said he would make me one for $11. Long story short, I was willing to pay $50 for one, I just didn't know any better. I didn't think it was rare, I didn't think it was real, I just thought it was cool to own a reproduction of one of the rarest games for the Atari. I am sure the people bidding on your Coke Wins feel the same way. They just want a playable reproduction of a rare game and don't know they can get one made for around $10. They don't think it is rare or real, they just think it is cool and are willing to pay $50 for it. You didn't do anything wrong, they are just un aware that people (including your self) are willing to make them cheaper. Now the nice/thoughtful thing to do would be to refund the difference for them, since the entire point of making these was to thawrt this from happening. That was your original plan right? So tell me, are you willing to give them back the difference?

Have you guys ever considered the thought that these people may not be collecting for Atari at all? They could be Coke collectors, just like those freaks who always drive up the price on the horror titles, never mind the lost proto. :ponder:

Yup, people are strange! But if it makes them happy to pay more... why not! :D

i don't know if this was mentioned yet but check this out

PEPSI INVADERS ATARI 2600 GAME ALSO KNOWN AS COKE WINS

whats up with the chase the chuck wagon on the label?

Shawn is just trying to promote the Chuckwagon on Ebay. We discussed this prior to him running the auctions :) Thanks Shawn !

Yes Thanks Shawn for making me buy another great homebrew off of you just because it has the (Chasethechuckwagon) label on it :grin:

:roll: ;) :D