IGNORED

1090 XL on ebay

Rhod

Hm, the new photos do not look very convincing to me: totally different in style and the shooting locations do not match. The blurred pic could have been taken at an Atari fair/exhibition using a mobile phone cam. Even if the photos should show the actual unit, why does the seller offer the item at ebay France? Who the f*** checks ebay France (no insult to the french Atari fans!)? Also, why does the seller ships to Netherlands only? This makes absolutely no sense to me. Either the person who wants to sell the item is a total ebay noob or this is just a major hoax.

He's an ebay noob as He has a feedback of 0 and 0.00% out of 100%, So He has almost no idea what He's doing and the price is at least 1000 times too high in any case.

why does the seller offer the item at ebay France? Who the f*** checks ebay France (no insult to the french Atari fans!)? Also, why does the seller ships to Netherlands only? This makes absolutely no sense to me. Either the person who wants to sell the item is a total ebay noob or this is just a major hoax.

no, it's just my search it's from ebay.fr (i'm french :cool: )

the real link is on ebay.nl

http://cgi.ebay.nl/Atari-1090-XL-Expansion...emZ260436179112

I would figure that the collectible value for something that doesn't work is going to be a lot less than something that will ( working 1400XL,1450XLD). Even being a collector, I'd be hard pressed to pay that much for something that is just a showpiece. Now, if it had any working cards in it, that may be a different story, but not at that cost!!

Last time I saw 1090XL without cover on eBay about 6-7 years ago.

Starting price was $1000 and nobody bought it.

Who did you ask? Fred or John?

Howdy Mathy ;)

Fred. He answered me that he is not the one who is trying to sell this thing via ebay. But he confirmed that it is a REAL auction, with an existing 1090. I guess Fred knows who the seller is.

Greetz

M.

My guess is, it's unpopulated

shame the seller doesn't have snaps of the innards or doesn't he have any of the cards

How many of the cards were actually made (prototyped etc)

Marius....Is Ernst and Bo still doing 'pooldisk' and how are they (are they still into atari things)

Marius....Is Ernst and Bo still doing 'pooldisk' and how are they (are they still into atari things)

Haven't heard a lot lately of them. Last news was that they were working on a Pooldisk III (a DVD). I don't know much about it. I really should email one of these very kind atari lovers again.

I'll do that this week!

Greetz

Marius

I guess John is the "seller". It's gotten his name written all over it. And since Fred isn't the seller but knows the seller ...

Interesting. I spoke to him a few months ago and he told me he has one of the five complete 1090's (with a cover that is) that exist in the world. I did not get the impression though that he wanted to part from his Atari collection, much less his 1090XL. Well, perhaps it is just showing off, but in that case I would have expected a couple of decent, self-made images. There's something fishy about this ad.

I guess John is the "seller". It's gotten his name written all over it. And since Fred isn't the seller but knows the seller ...

Interesting. I spoke to him a few months ago and he told me he has one of the five complete 1090's (with a cover that is) that exist in the world. I did not get the impression though that he wanted to part from his Atari collection, much less his 1090XL. Well, perhaps it is just showing off, but in that case I would have expected a couple of decent, self-made images. There's something fishy about this ad.

Well at that price I would part with any atari possession I had.

Well at that price I would part with any Atari possession I had.

If I had a 1400XL still, I might too. :D

Hallo guys

John's a guy that would put an add for a 1090XL on Ebay for an impossible price, just to see how people react. That plus the fact that I know he once lived in Schiedam and might still live there and the fact that he own's a 1090XL makes that I very very strongly believe that the "seller" is John. John BTW is the guy who invented a great mouse routine (see my site), created the version op Operation Blood that works with ... (oops, was that the mouse or the lightgun?), he translated Polish games when he was still very active in the Atari 8 bit scene, he's one of the founders of ANG software, etc.

greetings

Mathy

Hallo guys

John's a guy that would put an add for a 1090XL on Ebay for an impossible price, just to see how people react. That plus the fact that I know he once lived in Schiedam and might still live there and the fact that he own's a 1090XL makes that I very very strongly believe that the "seller" is John. John BTW is the guy who invented a great mouse routine (see my site), created the version op Operation Blood that works with ... (oops, was that the mouse or the lightgun?), he translated Polish games when he was still very active in the Atari 8 bit scene, he's one of the founders of ANG software, etc.

greetings

Mathy

He ought to not do that, He's lucky none of US are Multi-Millionaires, If I were $70K would be easy then. :D

Besides the Fee to put that ad up has to be huge, Or at least bigger than I've ever seen. :)

But then It's not My Money, So who am I to object?

Edited by JokerCPoC