IGNORED

1090 XL on ebay

Rhod

I'm well aware that eBay does not make the reserved price visible - that's not the point. The point is that you and/or the seller are refusing to disclose it here. If you did tell us, we'd know how much to start bidding at and have a much greater chance of winning it. But again, I don't think that is your intention.

But hey, yeah I could be wrong - we'll know one way or the other in a couple of days.

Edited by jacobus

Fred is an unusual name for a woman, but the whole thing seems legitimate to me.

Are you captain Kirk? LOL

This auction is legit. By demand of possible buyers I added two extra pictures at Ebay. The last one is very sharp (if you zoom in). Maybe one of you guys can make a copy ;-)

I wish I hadn't sold off the 1400XL motherboard, it was in a modified 1200XL case and yep it worked, had a pbi bus too, someone has it, it has a rough cut hole in the back where the pbi is, as I didn't have the proper tools to get the job done right and of course it had no shielding, the place I bought the motherboard from doesn't have anymore, though they do have it in their catalog...

The reserved price was $ 3250. I think that is a fair price when you know that last year in May someone offered in a German auction more than $ 11000.....

But okay it is not sold. I am talking to the owner what to do next.

Edited by Fred_M

$2,247 is a ridiculous amount for a lump of useless plastic to sit on your shelf. While I'm surprised it didn't sell for that much, I'm glad the seller missed out on that much money. That's just ridiculous for something that is merely a novelty and of no use. My entire A8 collection isn't worth that much, but does a HELL of a lot more than that useless thing ever will.

Well this one includes the top cover which is very rare. In May 2012 a 1090 with topcover sold on Ebay for 9000 euros (11700 us dollars).....

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1209165141241?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120916514124&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The minimum reserve for the excisting auction is not near this amount, it is much, much, much lower.

The reserved price was $ 3250. I think that is a fair price when you know that last year in May someone offered in a German auction more than $ 11000.....

But okay it is not sold. I am talking to the owner what to do next.

The item you linked ended without being sold, in it there were two offers which the seller declined, how do you know how much was offered? Is it the same seller?

I think the over $2000 bid was so much more than fair for a non-working item, $3250 is way too much.

Edited by Defender II

The item you linked ended without being sold, un it there were two offers which the seller declined.

Now that the current auction is over can you tell us what the reserve was?

I mentioned the reserved price two posts back ;-) just scroll to post number 91

The item you linked ended without being sold, in it there were two offers which the seller declined, how do you know how much was offered? Is it the same seller?

It is not the same seller. And you are right the German seller declined the offer of almost 9000 euros......

Edited by Fred_M

Hmmmm you are right, I made a wrong assumption there. I thought the highest offer was displayed, but it is the asking price indeed. But still.... asking price of the German guy was 9000 euros, reserve of the auction was 2500 euros (=3250 dollars).

Edited by Fred_M