IGNORED

1090 XL on ebay

Rhod

• 3 years later...

Hi Guys,

Do you remember this topic? At first many of you thought it was a scam. But it was not.

The owner is moving and has temporarily "dumped" his 8-bit stuff at my place. In January we will make an inventory of all his stuff. There are many spare parts in his collection and probably we will offer them on the webshop.

In the meantime, my atarimuseum (.nl) has a temporary little guest ;)

DSC003061.jpg

DSC002931.jpg

DSC003051.jpg

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 2

Looks good to Me.

Hi Guys,

Do you remember this topic? At first many of you thought it was a scam. But it was not.

The owner is moving and has temporarily "dumped" his 8-bit stuff at my place. In January we will make an inventory of all his stuff. There are many spare parts in his collection and probably we will offer them on the webshop.

In the meantime, my atarimuseum (.nl) has a temporary little guest ;)

DSC003061.jpg

DSC002931.jpg

DSC003051.jpg

Hello Fred

How do you connect the 1090XL to an XL? It looks like the XL can't get close enough to even touch the connector on the 1090XL.

Sincerely

Mathy

I also guess it must be connected with a ribbon cable.

Edited by Fred_M

I don't think it does much without expansion cards plugged into it.

There lies the problem, such cards probably don't exist.

Doing a simple homebrew card would be easy enough - just an edge connector with some latches or an addressable IC like another Pokey.

Or possibly an adaptor could be made to allow something existing to plug in such as IDE +2 and Freezer.

The thing is though - PBI expansions as we know them tend to be intended as standalone installs and won't necessarily coexist with others.

What were you thinking? Putting a Atari 1090 next to a Atari 1010... :P

Does anyone know, if the Atari 1090 really works?

I think it is great for size comparison. But to be honest, it was the only place I could tidy up a bit to make space for it :)

There are expansion cards known to be out there, sadly this unit comes without one.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

You have seen my pictures and it is real. Today, the owner and I have made an inventory of his collection. I bought most of his items for my own collection (atarimuseum.nl) and items to sell on rewindgames.com (a lot of spare parts for the European users). But I did not buy the 1090, it is a bit too expensive for me.

If someone is really interested in the 1090, send me your email address and I will bring you in contact with the owner. He is planning to sell it on Ebay to the highest bidder.

Kind regards,

Fred

Edited by Fred_M

Apart from the enclosure - it looks like mostly a single through-hole pcb with power capacitors and some large chunky parts.

Not that im an expert, but it looks like the PCB could easily be cloned. Is there any programmable processors in there or is this something that we can all produce with a developed PCB and a bag of parts?

or even better - does anyone have a schematic for this?

Well this one includes the top cover which is very rare. In May 2012 a 1090 with topcover sold on Ebay for 9000 euros (11700 us dollars).....

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1209165141241?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120916514124&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The minimum reserve for the excisting auction is not near this amount, it is much, much, much lower.

Edited by Fred_M

Well this one includes the top cover which is very rare. In May 2012 a 1090 with topcover sold on Ebay for 9000 euros (11700 us dollars).....

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1209165141241?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120916514124&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

It's got a top cover....

So this empty box is worth 1500 euros per side??

Edited by Magic Knight

They're a collectors item and nothing more. Without the cards (which were never completed) it's useless. Still, people pay crazy amounts of money for useless rare things, I can't see why this would be any different. I'd think it's worth more in the $2,000 range though honestly, but that's just me.

Hi Rhod,

I cannot not tell you the reserve price, but it is far lower than the huge amount of the auction of a few years ago ;-) This time it is a realistic amount.

Sorry, but I call BS on the whole "I cannot tell you the reserve price" stance.

The reserve price has likely been set in the hundreds of thousands. Why? Because the "seller" is not serious - this is just a fishing trip to stroke someone's ego and not a serious sale. The seller wants to be able to brag that the item garnered XXX bids, but no one could afford to buy it. If it was a serious sale, there would be no reason not to disclose the reserve - in fact it would be hugely beneficial to do so.

Nothing to see here, moving on.

The seller is serious.

Ebay does offer the option for a reserved price. Ebay does not show the reserved price. So it is not only the seller who does not communicate the reserved price..... If you don't like reserved prices than you should also complain to Ebay.

Please do understand that setting a reserved price costs an extra fee of 10%, which the seller also has to pay when the item is not sold. No one wants to brag here..... Why pay for bragging when the pictures are already in this thread. That is bragging enough don't you think?

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but your assumptions are not right.

Edited by Fred_M