IGNORED

5200 commons value?

thanatos

To me, they are worth the $1 Al pays for them as homebrew shells.

Then again, if you bought 10 carts on eBay or something, you'd have to have them shipped and that's at least a few bucks right there and then $3 does not seem entirely unreasonable. Do you need all these games they have to fill holes in (or start) your collection? That's the only way I would consider it, but you could still probably get a better deal on an eBay lot even given the shipping.

Don't 'need' any of them, since I don't yet have a 5200, but I was thinking of starting. I assume now I could get a better lot even on ebay, like you suggested.

(Of course I looked up everything first to make sure there wasn't a nice steal to be had!)

I'd say $3 is pretty good, actually. Take into account shipping, etc and you'll find that hard to beat. People can call 'em fifty cents to a dollar in value, but you realistically won't find any for sale for that. Only thing is, if you buy those carts without having a console, you may later run into a console with games included and end up with doubles. I'd recommend at least reading some reviews to help with making selections as there are a number of 5200 titles that are very poor games, oftentimes the victims of analog vs. digital control. Frogger, for instance, is pretty much unplayable on 5200.

Edited by brojamfootball

In my experience they are worth about a $1, same as the 2600. $30 bucks seems a lot for 10 5200 commons. Other than maybe Intellivision, other systems would be $2 or $3 bucks because there seems to be less of them out there.

Goodwill doesn't haggle from what I've seen but they do have sale days so watch for them. I guess it depends on the person who marks them down. The Goodwill by me tends to mark things pretty cheaply.

Allan

Edited by Allan